or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many shirts do you own?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many shirts do you own? - Page 27

post #391 of 405
3 suit shirts
2 ocbd shirts
1 cowboy shirt
1 tux shirt
post #392 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by clotheshorse69 View Post

3 suit shirts
2 ocbd shirts
1 cowboy shirt
1 tux shirt
And you call yourself a clothes horse. wink.gif
post #393 of 405
+1 how is that sufficient?
post #394 of 405
These days I don't wear a lot of suits/sport coats
post #395 of 405

Due to some recent purchases, the count stands @ 24. Don't wear suits much to work, but I have to wear a white coat, so my shirts get to be more busy, pattern wise.

 

Most are dress shirts, but ~ 5 are button down collar/casual wear, 2 are French cuff formal shirts.

post #396 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by clotheshorse69 View Post

These days I don't wear a lot of suits/sport coats

when i dont wear a suit or SC, i always wear a BD collar.  I have 5 or 6 in different materials and weights with one MTO individualized shirt incoming, but feel like I can never have too many.  

post #397 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Not buying any more shirts this year with my collection of 15 shirts

When my 4 Thomas pink shirts wear out, I'm hoping to replace them with better quality/fit shirts, maybe bespoke.

My boyfriend might buy me a shirt for Christmas, but as he's offered to pay a bit towards my Lobb boots, it's pretty unlikely.

I've broken up with him, but 15 shirts are ample for rotation

When I wear out the 4 Thomas Pink shirts I bought in July 2014, I might think about adding some more...🐱
post #398 of 405


About 60 collared shirts, of which about 20 are made by Proper Cloth. Some 10 or so are white, another 10 are blue. The rest are a mixture of various colors and patterns. I have 3 "tuxedo" shirts, all marcella fronts. I also have around 30 Tommy Bahama/Nat Nast style shirts for island wear.

 

Some of my shirts are approaching 25 years old and nearing retirement age. Hence the recent influx of shirts from Proper Cloth.

post #399 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkpie View Post

chijen you inspired me to actually take a look at what I have to some degree. So here it is:

Isaia- 111
Kiton- 45
Borrelli- 9
Truzzi- 6
Fray- 5 (I don't like the NM version with the flaps on the bottom of the shirt
RLPL-6
Finamore- 2
Marol- 1

I have sold a lot of stuff and plan on eventually getting rid of more shirts as my wife thinks I have too many.

I think everything going forward will be bespoke or MTM as I have specific needs verses catching something at a good price.

chijen, your Charvet collection is very impressive.
 
So you've spent over $23k on shirts :O holy crap lol 
 
post #400 of 405
Not really. In an earlier part of this thread I mentioned that I rarely have paid regular price for any of them except some MTM. I know when to shop and when the price is right. When it's right I may buy 10-20 at a time. That's all. I have sold several shirts as I don't wear them enough, but I still have a nice collection. I have also given a way a ton also just to be a blessing.

Everyone has their vices, mine happens to be shirts (one of them anyway). I have friends that have more shirts than I do. It's not madness or OCD (responding to previous post) it's just one of my things I like.
post #401 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkpie View Post

Not really. In an earlier part of this thread I mentioned that I rarely have paid regular price for any of them except some MTM. I know when to shop and when the price is right. When it's right I may buy 10-20 at a time. That's all. I have sold several shirts as I don't wear them enough, but I still have a nice collection. I have also given a way a ton also just to be a blessing.

Everyone has their vices, mine happens to be shirts (one of them anyway). I have friends that have more shirts than I do. It's not madness or OCD (responding to previous post) it's just one of my things I like.

I like shirts too - collected up to 75- crazy, so now I just have 15, that i like🐱
post #402 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

I like shirts too - collected up to 75- crazy, so now I just have 15, that i like🐱

Just ordered no 16, but used a voucher to buy my Thomas Mason blue tuxedo shirt:icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #403 of 405
[/LEFT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Just ordered no 16, but used a voucher to buy my Thomas Mason blue tuxedo shirt:icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

To be delivered between 10th-16th December!💝🐱🐱
post #404 of 405
That's very different. I like it
post #405 of 405
Around 25. Half of them spring / summer and the other half fall / winter.
The difference between them are pretty much color and not so much thickness.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many shirts do you own?