or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many shirts do you own?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many shirts do you own? - Page 20

post #286 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

No ..

I'm the last one and I have just my Dad who is 83...

He will never take my clothes shopping..

I come from a long living family generally, but my parents think I overspend on clothes by a long way!!smile.gif
post #287 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

...my parents are taking me clothes shopping on my birthday...

Your 70 year old parents are taking you clothes shopping? How old are you?
post #288 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post

Your 70 year old parents are taking you clothes shopping? How old are you?

I'll be 46 next month:)
post #289 of 334
You're 46 and your parents take you shopping? Ah, ha.
post #290 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

I'll be 46 next month:)

baldy[1].gif

Just have them give you the cash bro!
post #291 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

baldy[1].gif

Just have them give you the cash bro!

Sadly it'll just be a few rtw shirts, (and if I'm lucky Japanese jeans from BIG for Xmas), a large Italian lunch and a trip to the hairdresser to stay blonde!!!

The big £££££s on clothes I spend myself - they don't understand bespoke, high end designer or my AM passion!

But every bit helps:)smile.gifsmile.gif
post #292 of 334
Back down to 13 shirts, as I wore out a couple..

Hopefully this will be sorted out on my birthday shop!smile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif
post #293 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Back down to 13 shirts, as I wore out a couple..

Hopefully this will be sorted out on my birthday shop!smile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Where are you taking your parents for shopping?
post #294 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Where are you taking your parents for shopping?

Brent Cross shopping centre, as we're having an Italian lunch in Hampstead first!smile.gif
post #295 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Brent Cross shopping centre, as we're having an Italian lunch in Hampstead first!smile.gif

You can't take them to Jermyn Street?
post #296 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

You can't take them to Jermyn Street?

They have TMLewin in Brent Cross:-)smile.gif
post #297 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

They have TMLewin in Brent Cross:-)smile.gif

Plus my Mother has already paid for 3 pairs of casual shoes:

1. Black nubuck Sketchers

2. Fitflops suede slippers - 1 pair black, 1 pair Super Navy

Plus they will pay £100 jointly for me to have my hair made blonder and cut at the hairdresser

Plus the restaurant bill will be very large(3 course posh Italian plus coffee)

So the clothes shopping is really my Dad's present

I can't ask for Jermyn Street and Savile Row as well..

And I'm sure my sister will give me a nice selection of presents

Not bad for 46( It's actually to be truthful because we don't know if I'll make 47..my weight has dropped to 81 pounds and my health is rapidly deteriorating which is why I haven't posted much recently- too much time at hospital :-( )
post #298 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

They have TMLewin in Brent Cross:-)smile.gif

They also have Hawes and Curtis!

I'm sure I can find some new shirts for my collection..smile.gif
post #299 of 334
@Hirsh,

Sorry to hear about your health problems and your prognosis. I was mildly bemused to read about your health condition in one breath, juxtaposed with excitement about Hawes & Curtis!wink.gif

A little bit of synchronicity, because I was reading SF on my iPad and thinking about this thread - whilst reading about RTW shirts in London - as my tube pulled through Brent Cross en route home (NW London to East London) from work.

I have only within the last year bumped up my shirt collection. It is now circa 13.

Charles Trywhitt: 2 plain French cuff (white and light sea blue). I never wear the white anymore, but I do like the light sea blue feel.

Harvie & Hudson: 2 plain French cuff (pale duck egg yellow and mid blue). Unfortunately, half an inch too big all over because I didn't measure. Am 16/34. Best shirts I own in terms of fabric and buttons, but fit is the most billowing - even accounting for my size malfunction.

Hawes & Curtis: 3 herringbone French cuff( light blue, mid-pink and a mid-yellow) to be sent to goodwill. Albeit, I'm wearing the light blue as I type as I forgot to launder my shirts yesterday.

Stephen Haroutunian: 5 (2 light blue dress shirts - dress cuff - and 3 button cuff in light blue, pale pink and small mid-blue / white gingham). Excellent value at 3 for £80. Fabric and buttons are not as good as Harvie & Hudson and slightly thinner cotton, but fit is reasonable (still needs alterations).

TM Lewin: 1 turquoise large gingham button down (slim-fit).

I'll be taking all of the above (except Hawes & Curtis) to be altered (take in sides and tailor sleeves @£24.50 each shirt. Ouch!). I'll try Stephen Haroutunian's £89 MTM fabric range to determine the fit.
post #300 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putonghua73 View Post

@Hirsh,

Sorry to hear about your health problems and your prognosis. I was mildly bemused to read about your health condition in one breath, juxtaposed with excitement about Hawes & Curtis!wink.gif

A little bit of synchronicity, because I was reading SF on my iPad and thinking about this thread - whilst reading about RTW shirts in London - as my tube pulled through Brent Cross en route home (NW London to East London) from work.

I have only within the last year bumped up my shirt collection. It is now circa 13.

Charles Trywhitt: 2 plain French cuff (white and light sea blue). I never wear the white anymore, but I do like the light sea blue feel.

Harvie & Hudson: 2 plain French cuff (pale duck egg yellow and mid blue). Unfortunately, half an inch too big all over because I didn't measure. Am 16/34. Best shirts I own in terms of fabric and buttons, but fit is the most billowing - even accounting for my size malfunction.

Hawes & Curtis: 3 herringbone French cuff( light blue, mid-pink and a mid-yellow) to be sent to goodwill. Albeit, I'm wearing the light blue as I type as I forgot to launder my shirts yesterday.

Stephen Haroutunian: 5 (2 light blue dress shirts - dress cuff - and 3 button cuff in light blue, pale pink and small mid-blue / white gingham). Excellent value at 3 for £80. Fabric and buttons are not as good as Harvie & Hudson and slightly thinner cotton, but fit is reasonable (still needs alterations).

TM Lewin: 1 turquoise large gingham button down (slim-fit).

I'll be taking all of the above (except Hawes & Curtis) to be altered (take in sides and tailor sleeves @£24.50 each shirt. Ouch!). I'll try Stephen Haroutunian's £89 MTM fabric range to determine the fit.

My collection is doomed to remain at 13 unfortunately for the moment as I traded the shirt shopping for a pair of 3sixteen jeans!!

Whilst it's true that my health is very rapidly deteriorating, my passion for fashion and enjoyment of SF keep me going:)smile.gifsmile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many shirts do you own?