or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many shirts do you own?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many shirts do you own? - Page 11

post #151 of 303
I have about 40-50 dress shirts, and 5-7 casual shirts. All are bespoke and fit well despite some fraying, so there is no cause to edit.

I continue to add about 5-6 new shirts annually,
post #152 of 303
At last count, I have 120 dress shirts, possibly more. Then again, I am not normal. I am going to remedy this soon and trim it down to 40 if I ever get organized.
post #153 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

At last count, I have 120 dress shirts, possibly more. Then again, I am not normal. I am going to remedy this soon and trim it down to 40 if I ever get organized.

It depends if they're a good fit.

If you have 120 well fitting shirts, I see no reason to trim down your collection.

The only problem is that you never have the fun of buying new ones!
post #154 of 303
300 shirts. 500 shirts. Madness.
post #155 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

I have about 40-50 dress shirts, and 5-7 casual shirts. All are bespoke and fit well despite some fraying, so there is no cause to edit.

I continue to add about 5-6 new shirts annually,

Your collection sounds wonderful, I've only got 8 bespoke shirts and am hooked!


I'd love a wardrobe full of just bespoke shirts.

Who makes yours, do you mind me asking?
post #156 of 303
Recently sold 8 so down to about 50.
post #157 of 303
I have an informal "one in, one out" guidline for my shirts. Every time I acquire a new one (or three) some old ones usually go to Vinnies.
post #158 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

I have an informal "one in, one out" guidline for my shirts. Every time I acquire a new one (or three) some old ones usually go to Vinnies.


I'm exactly the same!

I intend to collect up loads, then 3 wear out all in one go, so I buy a new batch.
My jeans collection never grows for the same reason!smile.gif
post #159 of 303
Last week I ordered 3 BB shirts as they are the only OTR label I can find in my size (16.5 x 37) here in Toronto. When the shirts arrive and if they fit well enough to keep, then I'll be all the way up to 4 shirts. Again, if they do fit though, I'm sure I'll order more.
post #160 of 303
I've just got dressed in a white TMLewin shirt that's been worn once, and has shrunk to half its size!

If it shrinks again I won't get it on - it's like a strait jacket

No wonder it was on sale at £20, just wish I hadn't bought 2!!happy.gif
post #161 of 303

I unload shirts on e-bay from time to time in lots of 3.  It turns out to be a good value for the buyer and lets me thin down the closet.  The problem is that when I unload 3, I buy about 5.  It's an imperfect system.   :-) 

post #162 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdoctor View Post

I unload shirts on e-bay from time to time in lots of 3.  It turns out to be a good value for the buyer and lets me thin down the closet.  The problem is that when I unload 3, I buy about 5.  It's an imperfect system.   :-) 

I've done that myself, problem is I offload cheap cheap shirts and buy expensive ones!!

Theory is great - practice not so great!
post #163 of 303

I myself have 30, I feel like my wardrobe is severely lacking now! 

post #164 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-ModaR View Post

I myself have 30, I feel like my wardrobe is severely lacking now! 

It depends!

If your 30 are all a proper fit and good quality, then you don't have a problem.

If they're all cheap and cheerful throwaways then you do!smile.gif
post #165 of 303


This is half of my dress shirts. If I started over, I would never own more than 40 shirts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How many shirts do you own?