or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Post your five favorite films and I will mock and generalize you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post your five favorite films and I will mock and generalize you - Page 6

post #76 of 134
lawrence of arabia
pride & prejudice
Dr. Zhivago
Manhattan/Annie Hall (hard for me to pick one)
Roman holiday (just to make it easy for fuuma)
post #77 of 134
I'll play.



Forrest Gump
Vita e bella (Life is beautiful)
Citizen Kane
Hannah and Her Sisters
Pursuit of Happyness
post #78 of 134
Heat
Spirit of the Beehive
Army of Shadows
Vanishing Point
Face Of Another
post #79 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hany View Post
The Yacoubian Building
Les Baisers voles
North by Northwest
Leon the Professional
Les Valseuses

You are secretly French. But only to those who don't immediately recognize Gerard Depardieu. You cannot fool me. How tempted were you to put Green Card or Babylon A.D. on this list in exchange for NxNW?

post #80 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Billy Madison
City of God
Wet Hot American Summer
Do the Right Thing
Groundhog Day

You are a 32 year old unemployed theater actor who is desperately trying to be taken seriously as an artist despite the fact that you work 32 hours a week at TGI Fridays to pay rent on your overpriced, shitty apartment. You went to some trendy artsy school, but didn't really do anything but waste your parents money. You probably spent most of the time there experimenting with tame drugs like weed and prescription pills, desperately trying to rebel, and yet never figuring out how. Sometimes you wonder why you wake up in the middle of the night sucking your thumb. I will tell you.

A: You have mommy/woman issues

and B: Your mouth is only the last stop on the brownthumb express every night.
post #81 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
lawrence of arabia pride & prejudice Dr. Zhivago Manhattan/Annie Hall (hard for me to pick one) Roman holiday (just to make it easy for fuuma)
There was an older guy in your life when you were growing up who liked movies. Maybe it was your dad, or your "uncle", or maybe it was the ice cream man... Chances are they used to wear leather vests with no shirt to show off their carpet of manly chest hair. It was the 70's. Everyone did it, you tell yourself... You like the movies that they liked because you are trying to be like them. The big secret is that in retrospect, he was gayer than a three dollar bill, and now you are stuck. So you just play along. Protip:Nobody REALLY likes Woody Allen movies unless you are an anal retentive prick with no sense of humor.
post #82 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
I'll play.
Forrest Gump
Vita e bella (Life is beautiful)
Citizen Kane
Hannah and Her Sisters
Pursuit of Happyness

You always wanted to go to film school, but you settled for reading a book about it once. You got three whole pages in before you went to save a kitten from a tree, or a crying baby from a fire. You have a real longing to create oscar bait bullshit star vehicles for the blandest of actors. You are going to be the Uwe Boll of romance novels turned into movies.

DIE!
post #83 of 134
Oh boy!

Top Gun
Star Wars Episode 1
Cannibal Holocaust
Milo and Otis
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
post #84 of 134
I have way more than five favorite movies but here is a good start


three amigos
the princess bride
aliens
goonies
brotherhood of the wolf
post #85 of 134
Dammit, I got skipped.
post #86 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
There was an older guy in your life when you were growing up who liked movies. Maybe it was your dad, or your "uncle", or maybe it was the ice cream man... Chances are they used to wear leather vests with no shirt to show off their carpet of manly chest hair. It was the 70's. Everyone did it, you tell yourself...

You like the movies that they liked because you are trying to be like them. The big secret is that in retrospect, he was gayer than a three dollar bill, and now you are stuck. So you just play along.

Protip:Nobody REALLY likes Woody Allen movies unless you are an anal retentive prick with no sense of humor.

I confess. It was iammatt.
post #87 of 134
Jekyll so did I
post #88 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Dammit, I got skipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Not necessarily my top five, but five of my many favorites...

The Big Lebowski
Cool Hand Luke
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
North by Northwest
The Royal Tenenbaums

With a list like this, its no wonder you've been skipped. You are the guy who sits in the corner at parties and are well put together and precise in your mannerisms, but also so mind-numbingly pedestrian and vanilla in your tastes that he seems like a piece of furniture instead of a person. People near you gasp when you get up to go to the restroom, as they usually assume you to be some sort of trendy mannequin or sculpture.Your hipster-lite taste in movies is relatively unoffensive, but also annoyingly technical, somewhat like yourself.

You are probably undiagnosed borderline OCD, but like to call it "fastidious". You categorize your sock drawer by looking at a pantone scale.
post #89 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Jekyll so did I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
I have way more than five favorite movies but here is a good start three amigos the princess bride aliens goonies brotherhood of the wolf
Mauro, you weren't skipped, you needy bitch, you just haven't been gotten to yet. You have the cinematic taste of an eleven year old tomboy. You seem like a pretty cool chick to hang out with though. I bet you are hella good at baseball for a girl. We might even allow you in our treehouse, but only if you pass the cootie test.
post #90 of 134
ok-- here goes:

1. Metropolis (The Fritz Lang one, not the Anime)
2. Run Lola Run
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. To Kill a Mockingbird
5. The Thin Man
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Post your five favorite films and I will mock and generalize you