• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEED YOUR OPINION... Best fitting v-neck t-shirt brands

shkani04

Reaction score
SO summer is coming around the corner and i spend most of my time in an undershirt or a t shirt with a nice pair of jeans. To me simple is better and tshirts are more comfortable, thus i get the best of both worlds. I have a leaner muscular build 5'11'' 170lb... I have a few v neck t-shirts but the fitting isnt really up to par. I want something thin and breathable but not too emo thin (like some 70$ calvin klein vnecks that stick to ur body)

I have tried on my different Brands of of v necks (undershirts and regular). So far, H&M fits like **** on the shoulders and is too thick. Gaps regular v neck shirts are ok, but still abit too loose is seems.

Anyways i just thought id ask for everyones opinion about their favorite fitting v- neck t-shirts....

thoughts? suggestions?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd had ok luck with Banana Republic, although they tend to be on the shorter side.

may want to check out the streetwear forum as i'm sure there are countless threads on cheap v-necks. I'm going to assume American Apparel will pop up a lot.

zgco

Reaction score
+1 on Banana Republic for day to day v-neck; for a step up try Hanro. Cheers.

elgreco

Reaction score
without inciting any American Apparel haters on here, but maybe their regular v-necks and size up so its not hipster skintight on you?

TheTakeover

Reaction score
Banana Republic is a ripoff. You could get 3 from Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren for $32.

bobdobalina

Reaction score
I wear Calvin Kleins. I have an 8-inch drop and they are a bit loose on the bottom. I find them exceedingly comfortable. Anyway they aren't $70. I buy them in three-packs.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got some Gap v-necks and crew necks. They are now my favorite.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Muji

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Muji

Can you get those in the US? I know they have a NY store, but I doubt they carry everything. You speak highly of Muji, so I'd like to try them out.

Banana Republic t-shirts suck. The necks stretch out.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheTakeover
Banana Republic is a ripoff. You could get 3 from Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren for $32.

I get three BR tees for around that sme price. they're frequently on sale like that. They've held up well for the price.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Can you get those in the US? I know they have a NY store, but I doubt they carry everything. You speak highly of Muji, so I'd like to try them out.

Is that the same Muji that has six locations in NYC and that's it in the us?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist

- other than in NYC. NFI.
- FWIW US$10 for 3!

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BR vnecks for non-white colors. these tend to fit me the best, better material than the CK, RL stuff, and more wearable on their own. Cheapest cost to quality/fit ratio for me.

If its to use as an undershirt, I would check out TJmaxx or similar stores. I frequently find 3 CK vnecks for 4 bucks. kinda crappy, but just an undershirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads