or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › So What Kind of Alden Boots Did I Buy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So What Kind of Alden Boots Did I Buy? - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD View Post
Here are some photos of the boots next to my Alden Chukkas with Commando Sole in Cigar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34517965@N08/?saved=1
Like the boots. Love the chukkas.

Does anyone know of a source for the Alden chukka in cigar or whiskey cordovan? I think C&J made a similar one for RL in the past few years. I'd really like a pair in that style.

post #17 of 25
pretty sure you can buy them from the shoe mart or almost any alden retailer? I know the DC store had some whisky chukkas the last time I was there...
post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
Shoe Mart has limited sizes of Cigar Chukkas in stock:http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...t=4&rpro=13132
post #19 of 25
I have Shell#8 cordovan boots from Ron Rider...at times I can see a hue of brown in them. With pictures over the internet...I'm sure others would believe I purchased brown boots...go figure
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
pretty sure you can buy them from the shoe mart or almost any alden retailer? I know the DC store had some whisky chukkas the last time I was there...
Thanks. I may give them a ring. Wasn't sure if that was a style most stores kept in stock. I haven't seen them at any of the Dallas stores that stock Alden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD View Post
Shoe Mart has limited sizes of Cigar Chukkas in stock:http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...t=4&rpro=13132
Thanks to you as well. Sadly, too "limited".
post #21 of 25
Thread Starter 
To demonstrate why I stuggled with whether my boots were No. 8, Cigar, or something else, here is a picture I found via an AAAC thread of a Model 4060 in No. 8 (the 4060 is on the far left):
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3886/sstowsx2.jpg.

This is consistent with what I thought No. 8 looked like.
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCD View Post
Shoe Mart has limited sizes of Cigar Chukkas in stock:http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/c...t=4&rpro=13132

Is it me or do the prices on these keep going up, and up... and up....
post #23 of 25
The changing of colors is what draws many people to Shell cordovan. They develop "patina." In other words, they change color, and people consider this character. Here is a picture from AAAC of some #8 shell (right) next to some cigar shell. Here is the exact same model... Both #8, but the lighter one is 5 yrs old.
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
The changing of colors is what draws many people to Shell cordovan. They develop "patina." In other words, they change color, and people consider this character. Here is a picture from AAAC of some #8 shell (right) next to some cigar shell.

+100.

Alden's #8 color will change over time, especially with exposure to sunlight. Alden's shell cordovan shoes are very resilient and will last you a lifetime if you take care of them (which is minimal compared to a calfskin shoe - another reason why people love shell).

OP, I think that the shoes you have is #8, but with some patina.
post #25 of 25
If they're as new as they appear, I think you did pretty well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › So What Kind of Alden Boots Did I Buy?