• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broadland Velvet Slippers

CashmereLover

Reaction score
From today I have an experience, since I received my green embroidered velvet slippers today. They are fabulous and the quality looks nice, but there is one crucial issue: They are the smallest size I've ever tried. I'm a UK 8 and these are 1 cm shorter than all my other shoes. I cannot wear them, so now I'm awaiting a reply whether it's even possible to return these slippers for a bigger size. After all, they are to order (which took 2 months). It's sad because they were long awaited and supposed to be a Christmas gift to me.

frown.gif

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Cashmere, but these things sometimes happen. I'm sure they'll sort things out for you. I'll be buying a navy pair from them in the New Year, to go with the new navy smoking jacket I have in the works.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Thanks, I hope they do. As beautiful as these slippers are (a golden lion is embroidered on them...), I don't intend to just look at them. Have you ordered from them before? Can you confirm sizing surprises?

Standard Toaster, did you end up buying any Broadland Slippers?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, haven't ordered from them before, but I emailed them my size details first and had them determine which size suited me best in their opinion, which will be the size I order from them in January. Mine will be a navy pair with embroidered initials.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
No, haven't ordered from them before, but I emailed them my size details first and had them determine which size suited me best in their opinion, which will be the size I order from them in January. Mine will be a navy pair with embroidered initials.

OK, that was obviously the right thing to do. Sounds like a nice composition you have there! Any thoughts of lining colour? I chose gold/yellow, to match the green velvet and the golden embroidered lion.

Good news by the way, I received a reply today (they are reasonably fast in answering), and if I return the ones I got, they will send me a size 8.5 slipper instead. I'll have to pay the extra shipping cost though, but I think that's a fair deal (although I don't understand how a size 8 can be that small).

CashmereLover

Reaction score
By the way, I took a photo before shipping them back. Aren't they gorgeous.
worship.gif

jjl5000

Reaction score
I ordered a pair for my brother which arrived towards the end of last week. Fortunately, I decided to order the slippers a half size up in the first place (thank goodness).

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
OK, that was obviously the right thing to do. Sounds like a nice composition you have there! Any thoughts of lining colour? I chose gold/yellow, to match the green velvet and the golden embroidered lion.

Good news by the way, I received a reply today (they are reasonably fast in answering), and if I return the ones I got, they will send me a size 8.5 slipper instead. I'll have to pay the extra shipping cost though, but I think that's a fair deal (although I don't understand how a size 8 can be that small).

I thought either matching navy lining or perhaps red? I may just go the all navy route and be done with. I was thinking silver thread for my initials? Not a big fan of gold/yellow.

They do look gorgeous. I knew they'd sort things out for you. I've been impressed with their level of customer service so far myself. I'm sure you'll fall equally in love with the new slippers soon to be on their way to you
biggrin.gif

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
I ordered a pair for my brother which arrived towards the end of last week. Fortunately, I decided to order the slippers a half size up in the first place (thank goodness).

Did you know that you needed a half size up or was that just a guess?

Originally Posted by TheWraith
I thought either matching navy lining or perhaps red? I may just go the all navy route and be done with. I was thinking silver thread for my initials? Not a big fan of gold/yellow.

They do look gorgeous. I knew they'd sort things out for you. I've been impressed with their level of customer service so far myself. I'm sure you'll fall equally in love with the new slippers soon to be on their way to you
biggrin.gif

I'd go with yellow/gold lining with navy velvet, but now I know that's not your cup of tea. Navy velvet with red lining and silver initials sounds indeed very nice as well!

As for my new slippers I'm afraid it'll take another 8+ weeks to get them (it took at least 8 weeks to get the current ones), although I don't know whether they prioritize customers who returned wrongly sized slippers. I mean, it probably takes - effectively - just a few hours to really make the slippers. I guess those weeks of waiting is just a queue.

thumbs-up.gif

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Did you know that you needed a half size up or was that just a guess?

I didn't know the slippers ran small beforehand. Previous experience with Tricker's resulted in me needing to go up a half size where as my Church's run fairly true to size
confused.gif
. With wider feet I figured the 'extra' half size wouldn't go amiss anyway.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's probably their queue as you say, Cashmere. Hopefully you might get your replacements a little quicker, but if not, so be it. Let us know the results when they ultimately do arrive.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
OK.

I will let you guys know for sure.
fing02[1].gif

Standard Toaster

Reaction score
Yes I did order some, and yes, they were too small. I didn't bother to return them, however, but they have stretched and are now quite comfortable.

If anyone is planning to purchase a pair I would recommend to size up by at least half a size, possibly even a full one.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Could you tell us what is your US shoe size, UK shoe size, the size you ordered, and the size you recommend ordering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics