or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Broadland Velvet Slippers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Broadland Velvet Slippers

post #1 of 42
Thread Starter 
Does anyone have any experience with this company?

http://www.broadlandslippers.co.uk/plainvelvet.html

£75 seems pretty reasonable in comparison to what others are charging (around £130).
post #2 of 42
From today I have an experience, since I received my green embroidered velvet slippers today. They are fabulous and the quality looks nice, but there is one crucial issue: They are the smallest size I've ever tried. I'm a UK 8 and these are 1 cm shorter than all my other shoes. I cannot wear them, so now I'm awaiting a reply whether it's even possible to return these slippers for a bigger size. After all, they are to order (which took 2 months). It's sad because they were long awaited and supposed to be a Christmas gift to me.

post #3 of 42
Sorry to hear that, Cashmere, but these things sometimes happen. I'm sure they'll sort things out for you. I'll be buying a navy pair from them in the New Year, to go with the new navy smoking jacket I have in the works.
post #4 of 42
Thanks, I hope they do. As beautiful as these slippers are (a golden lion is embroidered on them...), I don't intend to just look at them. Have you ordered from them before? Can you confirm sizing surprises?

Standard Toaster, did you end up buying any Broadland Slippers?
post #5 of 42
No, haven't ordered from them before, but I emailed them my size details first and had them determine which size suited me best in their opinion, which will be the size I order from them in January. Mine will be a navy pair with embroidered initials.
post #6 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
No, haven't ordered from them before, but I emailed them my size details first and had them determine which size suited me best in their opinion, which will be the size I order from them in January. Mine will be a navy pair with embroidered initials.

OK, that was obviously the right thing to do. Sounds like a nice composition you have there! Any thoughts of lining colour? I chose gold/yellow, to match the green velvet and the golden embroidered lion.

Good news by the way, I received a reply today (they are reasonably fast in answering), and if I return the ones I got, they will send me a size 8.5 slipper instead. I'll have to pay the extra shipping cost though, but I think that's a fair deal (although I don't understand how a size 8 can be that small).
post #7 of 42
By the way, I took a photo before shipping them back. Aren't they gorgeous.
LL
post #8 of 42
I ordered a pair for my brother which arrived towards the end of last week. Fortunately, I decided to order the slippers a half size up in the first place (thank goodness).
post #9 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereLover View Post
OK, that was obviously the right thing to do. Sounds like a nice composition you have there! Any thoughts of lining colour? I chose gold/yellow, to match the green velvet and the golden embroidered lion.

Good news by the way, I received a reply today (they are reasonably fast in answering), and if I return the ones I got, they will send me a size 8.5 slipper instead. I'll have to pay the extra shipping cost though, but I think that's a fair deal (although I don't understand how a size 8 can be that small).

I thought either matching navy lining or perhaps red? I may just go the all navy route and be done with. I was thinking silver thread for my initials? Not a big fan of gold/yellow.

They do look gorgeous. I knew they'd sort things out for you. I've been impressed with their level of customer service so far myself. I'm sure you'll fall equally in love with the new slippers soon to be on their way to you
post #10 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl5000 View Post
I ordered a pair for my brother which arrived towards the end of last week. Fortunately, I decided to order the slippers a half size up in the first place (thank goodness).

Did you know that you needed a half size up or was that just a guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
I thought either matching navy lining or perhaps red? I may just go the all navy route and be done with. I was thinking silver thread for my initials? Not a big fan of gold/yellow.

They do look gorgeous. I knew they'd sort things out for you. I've been impressed with their level of customer service so far myself. I'm sure you'll fall equally in love with the new slippers soon to be on their way to you

I'd go with yellow/gold lining with navy velvet, but now I know that's not your cup of tea. Navy velvet with red lining and silver initials sounds indeed very nice as well!

As for my new slippers I'm afraid it'll take another 8+ weeks to get them (it took at least 8 weeks to get the current ones), although I don't know whether they prioritize customers who returned wrongly sized slippers. I mean, it probably takes - effectively - just a few hours to really make the slippers. I guess those weeks of waiting is just a queue.

post #11 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereLover View Post
Did you know that you needed a half size up or was that just a guess?

I didn't know the slippers ran small beforehand. Previous experience with Tricker's resulted in me needing to go up a half size where as my Church's run fairly true to size . With wider feet I figured the 'extra' half size wouldn't go amiss anyway.
post #12 of 42
Yeah, it's probably their queue as you say, Cashmere. Hopefully you might get your replacements a little quicker, but if not, so be it. Let us know the results when they ultimately do arrive.
post #13 of 42
OK.

I will let you guys know for sure.
post #14 of 42
Thread Starter 
Yes I did order some, and yes, they were too small. I didn't bother to return them, however, but they have stretched and are now quite comfortable.

If anyone is planning to purchase a pair I would recommend to size up by at least half a size, possibly even a full one.
post #15 of 42
^^ Could you tell us what is your US shoe size, UK shoe size, the size you ordered, and the size you recommend ordering.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Broadland Velvet Slippers