or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Summer shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Summer shoes - Page 2

post #16 of 206
Wouldn't the same problem occur with bucks?
post #17 of 206
These.
post #18 of 206
The good thing about suede is that it doesn't absorb odor in the same way as cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
I think the thing for me is that bare feet and suede just seem to = sweaty feet in my mind.. I am not sure if it is true, because I have never done it, but they just seem like they would be hot..
post #19 of 206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
These.
I'm looking for something to wear more casually, and probably without socks.
post #20 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
Wouldn't the same problem occur with bucks?

Yes, another reason I don't wear them without socks..
post #21 of 206
I wear leather driving moccasins without socks more often than not for casual warm weather occasions.
post #22 of 206
post #23 of 206
White bucks are stark white, dirty bucks are beige/tan. Both are blucher lace-ups. I don't wear either without socks. Topsiders are worn sockless.
post #24 of 206
Is there a general agreement that those of us with very pale legs look much worse than our tanner brethren when it comes to wearing such shoes with shorts? I for one choose trousers only for just such reason.

I'm so white, I emanate light from within. I walk down the hallway at night, and the walls around me glow.
post #25 of 206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
White bucks are stark white, dirty bucks are beige/tan. Both are blucher lace-ups. I don't wear either without socks. Topsiders are worn sockless.
Do you wear both, or just one?
post #26 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips View Post
Is there a general agreement that those of us with very pale legs look much worse than our tanner brethren when it comes to wearing such shoes with shorts? I for one choose trousers only for just such reason.

I'm so white, I emanate light from within. I walk down the hallway at night, and the walls around me glow.

But I've discovered a cure - if you expose your skin to sunlight, it will actually get a few shades darker. Crazy, right?
post #27 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I'm looking for something to wear more casually, and probably without socks.
I don't know how casual you mean, but for the low end, I really like alpargatas (aka, espadrilles). They're cheap, cool and comfy, and they meet your sockless requirement. Edit: What about light-colored saddle shoes? Similar to bucks.
post #28 of 206
+100 on Jack Purcells. I've a blue pair, I'm going to get a customized pair on converse.com

Loafers (Alden LHS, suedes)

I'm wanting a pair of shell saddle shoes by Alden too.
post #29 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston View Post
But I've discovered a cure - if you expose your skin to sunlight, it will actually get a few shades darker. Crazy, right?

No, I get a nice shade resembling a boiled lobster.
post #30 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips View Post
No, I get a nice shade resembling a boiled lobster.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Summer shoes