• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: NYC Paul Stuart Sample Sale April 13

TC11201

Reaction score
Got a card today - starts April 13 and I believe runs for 4 days. At 317 w 33rd. Was a decent event last year - plenty of shoes, some suits, lots and lots of shirts and casual stuff.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what were the prices last year like?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
what were the prices last year like?

+1, im interested in grenson masterpieces

mmhollis

Reaction score
Am I overly optimistic to hope for an appearance by Phineas Cole?

mmhollis

Reaction score

Taxler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis

There aren't a lot of Phineas pieces in the store as is, so I would guess no.

They need to get rid of a mile of suitings they have on the second floor- some of which have been hanging there 5+ years.

plotter

Reaction score
Will they have their new greson-made models?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis

There were a few PC pieces at last years sale. I bought a cotton sportcoat.

Originally Posted by plotter
Will they have their new greson-made models?

As in, current season? I don't think so.

This is always a hit or miss sale for me. I've been underwhelmed by the tailored clothing in my size (they don't make as much in 38R anyway, so not surprising) but the shoes sometimes have a deal or two. I would expect the price to be $250 or $279 for shoes originally $600+

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are the suit prices like?

TC11201

Reaction score
Sorry - just got back on. Second the sentiment abt the shoes - slim pickings (at least in 11.5s) wrt the grenson models, although plenty of the $450 retail pairs were around. I don't get very fussed about this year's model versus last year's, especially when it's something like Paul Stuart - not exactly bleeding edge in terms of fashion (a good thing in my book). I bought one suit last year - an Italian made navy linen SB with side vents, high gorge, button stance, flat front, tabbed sides, etc. (unfortunately which I had tailored but have never worn - perhaps it'll find its way to B&S sometime). They had the RP listed as $1300 and I think I got it for right around $300. There were actually a few suits in my size (42 / 43) that I considered, generally ranging between $300 and $500 (RP between $1300 and $2000 I think). Lots of shirts and pants - ended up picking up 3 pairs of pants - I believe around $70, down from $250-$300 or so. Didn't spend much time with the odd jackets or the accessories. In generally, they advertise 75% off retail and that doesn't sound like too much of a stretch.

Overall, the selection is a mix of stuff from the store that they need to move and true clothing samples, some of which may find their way onto the floor in the current season (I think my suit was a sample b/c I haven't seen any suits at that price point make it into the store yet), some which never will. It's worth a stop if you're in the city or can find an excuse to come in. Prices do drop as the sale continues (ends on the 16th). If you can find anything on the last day, the discounts are actually very good (85%+).

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone finds anything in 38S or smaller, please let me know.

TC11201

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Do they have wardrobe staples ie solid suits or is it similar to an outlet?

Depending upon how wide your definition of staples is, yes, they have staples. I wouldn't expect rows and rows of blue and charcoal suits, but you will find some, along with basic pinstripes, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads