or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unpopular Opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unpopular Opinions - Page 4

post #46 of 289
matt - nobody around here cares about what you like or wear

(what's the easiest way to short suspender and woven tie companies?)
post #47 of 289
cuffs on pants
post #48 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
cuffs on pants

Now that is an unpopular opinion. Well done!
post #49 of 289
Ann Hathaway

cats
post #50 of 289
Brooks Brothers
post #51 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
Most bespoke clothes shown here are waste of money except for PHGuido's.
Cordovan shoes are only good when brand new and unworn.
G&G shoes are ugly and occasionally poorly made.
Barker Black shoes are terrible mediocrity with skulls.
OCBD-barf
Canvas belts- barf
Tasseled loafers-barf, barf
Pants that hemmed around one's ankle.
Alden.
Ralph Lauren Polo or Black Label aspirational crap.
Oxford clothes.
Incotex.
Samuelson-barf.
Valextra.
Loro Piana.
Cucinelli sweaters.
Split toe ,norwegese uglyness.
Wide spread collars

If you ever met me in real life you'd spend the whole time throwing up
post #52 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post
Slim-fitting, high-water trousers--especially on folks with large feet and/or large upper bodies.
amen.
post #53 of 289
Oh, this will be fun. I hate:

Lavender
Any green that isn't dark green
Uncoventional shoe formats and details
Gusset loafers (these deserve special mention)
Antiquing
Patterned linen pocket squares
Actually, pretty much all linen pocket squares that aren't white
Skinny lapels
Split yokes
'Slim fit'
Roped shoulders
Peak lapels on single breasted jackets
Dangling, straight-line breast pockets
Crazy-jester-hiding-in-my-pocket pocket square folds
Shiny ties
Ties with fancy stripes
Ties wider than 3.5 inches
Hacking pockets
Ticket pockets
Rounded barrel cuffs
Non-blue, non-white, non-ecru shirts
Cutaway collars
High button stances
Tie space
Light tan shoes
AE styling
Not necessarily what Thom Browne sells, but anything that looks Thom Browne
post #54 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Oh, this will be fun. I hate:

Lavender
Any green that isn't dark green
Uncoventional shoe formats and details
Gusset loafers (these deserve special mention)
Antiquing
Patterned linen pocket squares
Actually, pretty much all linen pocket squares that aren't white
Skinny lapels
Split yokes
'Slim fit'
Roped shoulders
Peak lapels on single breasted jackets
Dangling, straight-line breast pockets
Crazy-jester-hiding-in-my-pocket pocket square folds
Shiny ties
Ties with fancy stripes
Ties wider than 3.5 inches
Hacking pockets
Ticket pockets
Rounded barrel cuffs
Non-blue, non-white, non-ecru shirts
Cutaway collars
High button stances
Tie space
Light tan shoes
AE styling
Not necessarily what Thom Browne sells, but anything that looks Thom Browne

That is a lot of hate balled up in a tight package
post #55 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post
That is a lot of hate balled up in a tight package

It felt good.
post #56 of 289
Wow, Foo. Wow.
post #57 of 289
Foo - would have been more efficient to write "anything that doesn't look exactly like ME (or matt)"
post #58 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Foo - would have been more efficient to write "anything that doesn't look exactly like ME (or matt)"

I think Matt likes some of that stuff. I will fight a war over gusset loafers if need be.
post #59 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Foo - would have been more efficient to write "anything that doesn't look exactly like ME (or matt)"
He is going to have to rethink some of them, because from his list I like the following: Lavender Any green that isn't dark green Uncoventional shoe formats and details Gusset loafers (these deserve special mention) Patterned linen pocket squares Actually, pretty much all linen pocket squares that aren't white Rounded barrel cuffs Non-blue, non-white, non-ecru shirts Tie space Light tan shoes
post #60 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I think Matt likes some of that stuff. I will fight a war over gusset loafers if need be.
I can't remember the last time I saw a gusset loafer on SF or read that people like/love them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unpopular Opinions