or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Who makes the world's best bedsheets?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who makes the world's best bedsheets? - Page 5

post #61 of 73

Hotel Collection..PERIOD.

 

Good discount if you get when Macy's have a sale and because of the price.

post #62 of 73
I'm partial toward Bellino, Anichini, and Frette bedsheets. They are pricey though and retail for over $1000 for a basic set, but can occasionally be found on sale for 50% off.

I didn't read through every post in this thread, but if it wasn't mentioned previously, I've found that true 300-400 thd count is often better than true 500-600 thd count (by true I mean not double woven with artificially inflated counts). The true 500+ count sheets I have tend to be too dense and non-conforming.
post #63 of 73
I have plain white D. Porthault.
post #64 of 73
Ugh, all of these product recommendations from people with single digit post counts aren't very reassuring. Sadly I don't think I'm ready to take Drew's word for splurging on $1200 sheets.
post #65 of 73

I don't know. After a certain level of quality is reached, my ass has a problem telling the difference

post #66 of 73
Fucking shills.
post #67 of 73
Speaking of, last night was our first in a new set of cotton percale sheets from Parachute. I read an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months back and decided to give these a try. 8 weeks later they just arrived from Italy and I'm very pleased. $200 for a queen set.
post #68 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannerhan View Post

Speaking of, last night was our first in a new set of cotton percale sheets from Parachute. I read an article in the Wall Street Journal a few months back and decided to give these a try. 8 weeks later they just arrived from Italy and I'm very pleased. $200 for a queen set.

Nothing besides 3 shades of white?

For whatever reason, I can't convince myself to buy white sheets for home...shit's gonna get stained something nasty. Otherwise that parachute stuff looks nice.

edit: Ok, looking on a better screen, the powder color looks more blue...I might be able to swing that way, although it won't match my current selection of duvet covers (and I prefer a patterned duvet)
post #69 of 73
Wirecutter rates LL Bean's 280 threadcount percale sheets very highly. Sold out of the colors that interest me, but I might pick up a fitted sheet and try them out.
post #70 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Wirecutter rates LL Bean's 280 threadcount percale sheets very highly. Sold out of the colors that interest me, but I might pick up a fitted sheet and try them out.

I've heard good things. Prices certainly don't break the bank.
post #71 of 73
Not sure if this is right thread but....

Looking for new linens

Whats good ?

Will need to order from USA/EU/AU as my country dont have many choices for Supima cotton which is probably what im going for. Not baller enough for egyptian... so looking at similar alternatives like Supima, Percale

Looking for pillows too...go for silk ? I've seen bamboo cotton around..

Anyone have links to good reputable shops or brands ? Read that 'Pratesi' and 'Frette' is up there and i dont mind spending a bit more for good linen

TLDR; I dont need expensive linens or whatever the Ritz Carlton uses. I just need something nice and good quality for regular person. Budget i guess around $100-200. Can stretch to $300
post #72 of 73
Matouk makes some good sheets too.

I just got as set of Dea linen for $300 (fitted, flat and pillow). It was on sale though.
post #73 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newo View Post

I've heard good things. Prices certainly don't break the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggah View Post

Not sure if this is right thread but....

Looking for new linens

Whats good ?

Will need to order from USA/EU/AU as my country dont have many choices for Supima cotton which is probably what im going for. Not baller enough for egyptian... so looking at similar alternatives like Supima, Percale
Update:
The LL Bean got the 280-Thread-Count Pima Cotton Percale sheets were back in stock in the color I wanted so I picked up a fitted sheet.

I like it and would happily buy more. Only complaint is that I can't get a duvet cover that I like in the same fabric...I don't want a solid color and their patterns are all either super girly or are on a white background (and that seems like it is just asking for unsightly stains).

A full queen set would run about $250 (solid fitted, flat, 2 pilowcases, and a comforter cover) which should fit in @chiggah's budget...especially if you catch them when they are on sale. If you already have a duvet cover you like, that chops off a $100, or if you don't use a flat sheet, you can chop off $55.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Who makes the world's best bedsheets?