Guys, there are two shirts in the SALE section that are available in size XS. If I didn't already have each of them, I would insta-kop, so anyone else who is always bemoaning the lack of XS availability would be wise to hit these up, pronto.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 621post #9301 of 312731/25/12 at 11:43am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 312731/25/12 at 1:04pmQuote:
How is the cranberry plaid shirt in terms of shrinkage, compared to say the purple/brown gingham shirt (I believe you have that one as well)? I have 5 Epaulet shirts so far and they all shrink differently, with the purple/brown gingham having the most shrinkage. I find Epaulet's M to be almost a perfect fit for me without shrinkage (i.e. before first wash), but gets a little tight in the chest if noticeable shrinkage occurs. Of course, I suppose I should try to shrink myself by 5~10 lbs at some point....post #9303 of 312731/25/12 at 2:43pmpost #9304 of 312731/25/12 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDoggQuote:
How is the cranberry plaid shirt in terms of shrinkage, compared to say the purple/brown gingham shirt (I believe you have that one as well)? I have 5 Epaulet shirts so far and they all shrink differently, with the purple/brown gingham having the most shrinkage.
Yeah, I have both and have also found the gingham to have the most shrinkage. The cranberry is on par with the other epaulet shirts I own like the japanese oxfords and the flannels. Expect a little bit of shrinkage in the sleeves but not on the level of the purple/brown gingham.post #9305 of 312731/25/12 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Yeah, I have both and have also found the gingham to have the most shrinkage. The cranberry is on par with the other epaulet shirts I own like the japanese oxfords and the flannels. Expect a little bit of shrinkage in the sleeves but not on the level of the purple/brown gingham.
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Now to contemplate whether I need that cranberry plaid shirt or not...post #9306 of 312731/25/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
We can probably do that. I'll see if we can pull together some swatches next week of things that have have available fabric in.Quote:You and me both, and again, I'm sorry for the delay. We met with Alden about it on Monday and asked again - they reassured us that the boots are in the pipeline and should be delivered quite soon. I'll send an update just as soon as I have anything.Quote:The bottom of the boot is lined, while the top sheath (part covering your ankles) is not. But since it's a roughout leather, that top sheath has a smooth interior, so it's really comfortable.Quote:Nice, looking boss as usual!Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
lol, far from it. We aren't getting a raise regradless...don't you know we're all lazy slackers who couldn't hack it in "real" professions? Well, if you read the local papers anyway.
On a side career note here, cool History Day Fair project today that should get Ep Approval:
and tomorrow I should be getting one on Men's Fashions of the 20th Century...
This is amazing! I love the contrast of the Smith's to Kiss.
It's funny to me how well-versed that kids are these days in the music of our collective childhoods. If you're an angst-ridden teen, there's not much in popular, mainstream music that's going to appeal to you. Admittedly, I'm 35 and choose to be out of touch with newer music. But when I was a teen in the early 90's, music on MTV and on the radio - stuff that was easily accessible - offered a diversity of pissed off bands and musicians who commented on their frustration. People who you could identify with. That music probably still exists, but without a central conduit it doesn't seem to really hit the mainstream.
Sometimes I wonder if it's (1) I'm getting older or (2) music today is largely shite compared to what it was. Probably a mixture of both.Quote:
Haha, it's actually totally normal. Usually guys get into clothing through some kind of subculture. As a punk/goth/hardcore/hiphop/skater/skinhead/whatever you get into the practice of dressing around a code and with a certain style. Eventually you grow out of that particular look, and start to embrace a more mature look. But you still want to look outside of the mainstream. Plenty of guys who I work with in the fashion industry came from some kind of music subculture background. I still feel the same way. Dressing to the 9's and walking around gives that feeling that a Dead Kennedy's shirt and 10-eye oxblood docs gave me at 17.
Young dudes who are 17 and already really well, though, that always blows my mind. We get a lot of them coming through the Manhattan store. My hat's off to them.Quote:Oh that is fantastic!Quote:Thanks for picking up the Service Pants! I think that the Walt's going to fit you really well. I'd only be concerned if the chinos are tight on you, but you should be good to go.Originally Posted by Renalan
I'm about to spring for my first pair of Walts, I already have 4 pairs of Rivets in size 32, and I find the thigh fits me pretty well. What concerns me is that the Walt is listed a quarter inch smaller than the Rivets for the thigh measurement. For you guys out there with both, are the Walts noticeably tighter? Do they wear in a way such that they don't seem smaller?
Also, here are some Rivet Service Chinos on a rainy day.
]Quote:You'll probably need a Rudy. I'm unfortunately totally out of Cramerton cloth, but we'll surely run some Rudy 36's in different cottons throughout the Spring.Originally Posted by cloudshift
Thanks applky. I thought the Walts had a trimmer thigh than the Rivet Chinos? Was just eyeing the Cramerton cloth Rudys actually (they seem to have the most room), but noticed they are out of size 36.
So you think if a size 36 Rivet Chino is too snug in the thighs, a Cramerton Walt might be a good second option?
Anyone know if the Rudys will be back in stock in Cramerton Cloth size 36 in the near future?Quote:Hmm, depends on what style you're looking at. If it's a loafer, then the fit may be too slim for you. With a laceup shoe, I'd recommend going for a 10 with the intention of wearing them with socks.Originally Posted by iluvatar
I’ve got a sizing question about the sewn by hand line for Mike or anyone who owns a pair. I’m thinking about picking up a pair in anticipation of the warmer months ahead, but the particular model I’m lusting over is currently on sale and the no returns bit makes me a little nervous. For comparison, I wear a size 10 in the Thorogood 685s. They are fine in terms of length, but they were a bit snug at first in the width. Since breaking them in, however, they’ve been fine. My concern, then, is that if I size down to a 9.5 as is recommended, I might end up with a pair that is too narrow. Can anyone who owns both comment on the relative widths, and did sizing down half a size from your Thorogood size work out for you?Quote:Originally Posted by scb
stopped by the manhattan store after work today and picked up the yuketen boots and black and cran shirt
The Epaulet site says to size the Yuketen boots like the Barrie last. I had mentioned that I'm an 11E on the Barrie and was curious if the 11.5D would work. The boots are labeled 11.5E. They're plenty big, and maybe even too big. I grabbed them anyway because they're awesome. So the Barrie size would definitely work for someone, and maybe even a half size down from that
Also, as I was told in the store, these might be made by Viberg for Yuketen. Makes sense, as they say they're made in Canada and look like something Viberg would do.
Thank you sir! Enjoy those boots!Quote:They're pretty close. Cramerton has a less saturated color. The hand on the fabric is vastly different though. The Cramertons are stiffer and thicker (mm, that probably came out wrong). The Japanese Khaki is lighter and softer.post #9307 of 312731/25/12 at 5:21pmpost #9308 of 312731/26/12 at 2:15ampost #9309 of 312731/26/12 at 8:22ampost #9310 of 312731/26/12 at 11:32ampost #9311 of 312731/26/12 at 12:29pm
No, the Walts will be made with a zip fly. Rivet chinos have a button fly. But we will have cotton walts coming in about four weeks. We'll get:
Pale Olive Canvas
Dark Forest Canvas
French Blue Brushed TwillQuote:
Yup, same oxford cloth for both. We'll surely run a white OCBD in the next 6 weeks or so. And I'm going to work on Spring swatches for the next delivery of shirts. There's lotsa ginghams coming in, and a club collar here and there.post #9312 of 312731/26/12 at 12:31pmQuick cross-post from the Alden MTO thread. We're taking preorders on a pretty fresh alden makeup in Whiskey Shell.
Alden Whiskey Shell Cordovan Wingtip Plaza Last Boot Preorder
Thanks so much for all of your patience. We've formally built out the Whiskey Shell Wingtip Boot on our website, and we're accepting deposits on it now. Preorders will be open until next Saturday the 4th.
I had a great meeting with Alden last week, and I feel very confident doing these special order projects. Arranging it through our website as such keeps it very organized for us.
In terms of lead time, I wrote the order terms to reflect the worst case and slowest scenario. We're in the top tier of Alden retailers, and we generally get very good deliveries on makeups. But, as you know, Whiskey, Ravello, and Cigar can sometimes come with very long lead times, and there's no way for me to expedite the process.post #9313 of 312731/26/12 at 1:59pmpost #9314 of 312731/26/12 at 2:01pm
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Things that are pissing you off. 17 seconds ago
- › Tailored dress shirt Japan 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cream/white Dinner Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › [Worn 1x] Alden x Brooks Brothers Balck Calfskin Tassel Loafers 9C 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)