You're currently playing the role of the character on the right and can't be trusted.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 2:23 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 566post #8476 of 5982012/8/11 at 1:54pmpost #8477 of 5982012/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #8478 of 5982012/8/11 at 2:02pmpost #8479 of 5982012/8/11 at 2:05pmQuote:
Mike I think you answered this before but I'd like a reminder what the answer was as well.
Also, any more thoughts on that WAYWT contest you were mulling about a few weeks back? I mean, not that you've been busy or anything...post #8480 of 5982012/8/11 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by burningbright
I'm in the same boat as Frank. Getting ready to pull the trigger on some Walts for the first time, but with over $1100 in the shopping cart, something's gotta go and I really don't want it to be the Aldens...or anything else. Maybe a quick look at my credit card balance will help bring back to sanity.
It does add up, doesn't it?post #8481 of 5982012/8/11 at 2:46pmQuote:Quote:
As I'm probably getting one myself soon, I looked it up. Seems that the forum "search this thread" feature actually works, on occasion.Quote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Get a steamer! We use this one at the store:
It runs $60 and it's worth every cent. No ironing board is necessary. There's much less danger of burning the fabric. And it bangs out a cotton shirt in no time.post #8482 of 5982012/8/11 at 6:39pmpost #8483 of 5982012/8/11 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Whew, got caught up on PM's and finally getting to respond to everyone. First off:
Oh, and to that end, I have some feedback on digital cameras (a few members PM me about this stuff)
Iphone 4S: Although it seems crazy, I can confidently say that the Iphone 4S is officially my favorite camera of all time. More than my Rolleiflex 3.5. More than the Leica M3 that I used to own. They always say that the best camera is the one that you have on you, and it helps that (1) the camera has shockingly good white balance and resolution and (2) you can run apps on it, do a ton of processing to each photo, and immediately upload it.
If you have the 4 and like shooting photos, then definitely upgrade to the 4S. It's worth it just for the camera.
Canon S95 / S100: Best compact camera that I've ever used. Not necessarily better than the 4S during the daytime, but unbelievable at night and with a flash. Party shots with a flash are among the best saturated and exposed that I've seen. It's a nice compliment to the 4S because the Iphone's LED flash is shite.
Ricoh GR Digital IV: I'm surprised by how much I like this camera. Very fun to use, and the fixed wide angle lens is great. In-camera effects are cool too.
Fuji X100: Pain in the ass to use. Slow to shoot, slow to focus, has this stupid macro mode. But once you get the hang of it, the photos are incredible. DSLR quality - maybe a bit better - but with a look and character all of their own.
Canon 5D Mark II: If you have semi-pro aspirations of shooting then upgrade to a full frame camera like the 5D. It's worth the extra money, and the body will really retain its value if you care for it. I shoot almost all of the online shop images with this camera.
just lost my 3GS in a cab and the driver said he didn't find it (yeah right?). sooo looks like I'll be picking up a 4S. Good to hear it's got a sweet camera. Very important to have a good camera in a phone. the Fuji X100 sounds awesome. I want one (well i want a leica m9 but that ain't happening). i have a 7d, which is what i took to switzerland, but even with just one lens that was a heavy carry.post #8484 of 5982012/8/11 at 9:02pmpost #8485 of 5982012/8/11 at 10:27pmpost #8486 of 5982012/8/11 at 10:28pmpost #8487 of 5982012/9/11 at 2:34ampost #8488 of 5982012/9/11 at 8:38amQuote:
As soon as I finish up finals, I'll be dropping mine off for this operation. It seems I've grown in the thigh and the seat, and will now require the Rudy. There's definitely extra fabric to be let, though. I'll let you know when I get mine down if you haven't heard anything definitive before then.post #8489 of 5982012/9/11 at 10:54amQuote:
Good to hear your special order turned out great! Mine was delivered yesterday but I'm out of town until Sunday, so I won't be able to pick it up from the rental office at my apt complex until Monday....this is like seeing the Christmas present sitting under a tree and having to wait 3 days to open it up! I will probably take it to my tailor mid-next week, so it will still be another week and a half or so from now before I can finally wear it, which will be about 2 months since I originally placed the order. Hopefully it's worth the waitpost #8490 of 5982012/9/11 at 11:41am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1607 Active Users (264 Members and 1343 Guests)
- › The Look goes on... 39 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Cigar boot and blucher 10E 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...