You're currently playing the role of the character on the right and can't be trusted.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:02 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 566post #8476 of 4037712/8/11 at 1:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8477 of 4037712/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #8478 of 4037712/8/11 at 2:02pmpost #8479 of 4037712/8/11 at 2:05pmQuote:
Mike I think you answered this before but I'd like a reminder what the answer was as well.
Also, any more thoughts on that WAYWT contest you were mulling about a few weeks back? I mean, not that you've been busy or anything...post #8480 of 4037712/8/11 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by burningbright
I'm in the same boat as Frank. Getting ready to pull the trigger on some Walts for the first time, but with over $1100 in the shopping cart, something's gotta go and I really don't want it to be the Aldens...or anything else. Maybe a quick look at my credit card balance will help bring back to sanity.
It does add up, doesn't it?post #8481 of 4037712/8/11 at 2:46pmQuote:Quote:
As I'm probably getting one myself soon, I looked it up. Seems that the forum "search this thread" feature actually works, on occasion.Quote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Get a steamer! We use this one at the store:
It runs $60 and it's worth every cent. No ironing board is necessary. There's much less danger of burning the fabric. And it bangs out a cotton shirt in no time.post #8482 of 4037712/8/11 at 6:39pmpost #8483 of 4037712/8/11 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Whew, got caught up on PM's and finally getting to respond to everyone. First off:
Oh, and to that end, I have some feedback on digital cameras (a few members PM me about this stuff)
Iphone 4S: Although it seems crazy, I can confidently say that the Iphone 4S is officially my favorite camera of all time. More than my Rolleiflex 3.5. More than the Leica M3 that I used to own. They always say that the best camera is the one that you have on you, and it helps that (1) the camera has shockingly good white balance and resolution and (2) you can run apps on it, do a ton of processing to each photo, and immediately upload it.
If you have the 4 and like shooting photos, then definitely upgrade to the 4S. It's worth it just for the camera.
Canon S95 / S100: Best compact camera that I've ever used. Not necessarily better than the 4S during the daytime, but unbelievable at night and with a flash. Party shots with a flash are among the best saturated and exposed that I've seen. It's a nice compliment to the 4S because the Iphone's LED flash is shite.
Ricoh GR Digital IV: I'm surprised by how much I like this camera. Very fun to use, and the fixed wide angle lens is great. In-camera effects are cool too.
Fuji X100: Pain in the ass to use. Slow to shoot, slow to focus, has this stupid macro mode. But once you get the hang of it, the photos are incredible. DSLR quality - maybe a bit better - but with a look and character all of their own.
Canon 5D Mark II: If you have semi-pro aspirations of shooting then upgrade to a full frame camera like the 5D. It's worth the extra money, and the body will really retain its value if you care for it. I shoot almost all of the online shop images with this camera.
just lost my 3GS in a cab and the driver said he didn't find it (yeah right?). sooo looks like I'll be picking up a 4S. Good to hear it's got a sweet camera. Very important to have a good camera in a phone. the Fuji X100 sounds awesome. I want one (well i want a leica m9 but that ain't happening). i have a 7d, which is what i took to switzerland, but even with just one lens that was a heavy carry.post #8484 of 4037712/8/11 at 9:02pmpost #8485 of 4037712/8/11 at 10:27pmpost #8486 of 4037712/8/11 at 10:28pmpost #8487 of 4037712/9/11 at 2:34ampost #8488 of 4037712/9/11 at 8:38amQuote:
As soon as I finish up finals, I'll be dropping mine off for this operation. It seems I've grown in the thigh and the seat, and will now require the Rudy. There's definitely extra fabric to be let, though. I'll let you know when I get mine down if you haven't heard anything definitive before then.post #8489 of 4037712/9/11 at 10:54amQuote:
Good to hear your special order turned out great! Mine was delivered yesterday but I'm out of town until Sunday, so I won't be able to pick it up from the rental office at my apt complex until Monday....this is like seeing the Christmas present sitting under a tree and having to wait 3 days to open it up! I will probably take it to my tailor mid-next week, so it will still be another week and a half or so from now before I can finally wear it, which will be about 2 months since I originally placed the order. Hopefully it's worth the waitpost #8490 of 4037712/9/11 at 11:41am
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1966 Active Users (420 Members and 1546 Guests)
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 16 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Stone Island 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...