pretty sure sale items are always final
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 11:30 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 511post #7651 of 5082910/30/11 at 2:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7652 of 5082910/30/11 at 2:58pmpost #7653 of 5082910/30/11 at 4:41pmHey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.
Navy Donegalpost #7654 of 5082910/30/11 at 6:44pmpost #7655 of 5082910/30/11 at 6:50pmpost #7656 of 5082910/31/11 at 6:16am
Quote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.
These look amazing. I have a donegal Walt from last fall (one of the deadstock ones; looks similar to the cocoa above), and, aside from this season's Olive Guncheck, it's probably my favorite trouser. It's warm but breathable -- I wear roughly from Sept to April or May, weather depending. If these are at all similar, then you will not want to sleep on them. The subtle color variations in the fabrics are beautiful, and they're astonishingly soft -- not just for tweed, but for any fabric.
I could see wearing the wheat color year round if I didn't live in a place that was humid during the summer.post #7657 of 5082910/31/11 at 6:26ampost #7658 of 5082910/31/11 at 6:57ampost #7659 of 5082910/31/11 at 7:52ampost #7660 of 5082910/31/11 at 9:57ampost #7661 of 5082910/31/11 at 9:59amQuote:
I'm 6'4 and 175lbs, and own a ridiculous quantity of Walt trousers. So you should be fine there.post #7662 of 5082910/31/11 at 10:45amQuote:
I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs and I can't even fit into a pair of Walts, so they're definitely slim. Even the Rudy is slimmer that most trousers from American companies.post #7663 of 5082910/31/11 at 11:47amQuote:
Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?post #7664 of 5082910/31/11 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by samsterdam
Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?
haha, yeah I guess I do actually have big thighs...I wear a 33 Rudy, and I tried a 33 Walt once and I could barely squeeze my legs in. The waist fit fine, just like it does in the Rudy, but it was definitely a little too snug in the thigh area. I thought about trying to size up to 34 in the Walt and maybe taking the waist in, but the Rudy fits me so perfectly that I never bothered to try.post #7665 of 5082910/31/11 at 2:41pmFWIW, I'm 6'3" and 195ish.
My legs are about 23" right now, they grow when I'm rowing more in spring/summer to be more like 24".
I take a 36" in the Walt and I find that those allow for my thighs. You guys must have small waists compared to me, so I can see how you might want a Rudy. You likely could size up 1 on the Walt and take the waist in, depending on the waist fit, thigh fit, and how much the measurements jump from size to size. I could wear a 34" waist, but the thigh is too tight in those for me. I can wear a 36" and the waist is a little loose but the thigh is perfect. So I go with the 36" and take in the waist as necessary (maybe 1/2" ).
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › things that are making you happy 4 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 40 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Our Legacy 2 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Indy Boot - J. Crew Alden Indy 403 / 405 Chromexcel Size... 3 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...