pretty sure sale items are always final
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 6/5/15 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 8:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 511post #7651 of 4439010/30/11 at 2:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7652 of 4439010/30/11 at 2:58pmpost #7653 of 4439010/30/11 at 4:41pmHey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.
Navy Donegalpost #7654 of 4439010/30/11 at 6:44pmpost #7655 of 4439010/30/11 at 6:50pmpost #7656 of 4439010/31/11 at 6:16am
Quote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.
These look amazing. I have a donegal Walt from last fall (one of the deadstock ones; looks similar to the cocoa above), and, aside from this season's Olive Guncheck, it's probably my favorite trouser. It's warm but breathable -- I wear roughly from Sept to April or May, weather depending. If these are at all similar, then you will not want to sleep on them. The subtle color variations in the fabrics are beautiful, and they're astonishingly soft -- not just for tweed, but for any fabric.
I could see wearing the wheat color year round if I didn't live in a place that was humid during the summer.post #7657 of 4439010/31/11 at 6:26ampost #7658 of 4439010/31/11 at 6:57ampost #7659 of 4439010/31/11 at 7:52ampost #7660 of 4439010/31/11 at 9:57ampost #7661 of 4439010/31/11 at 9:59amQuote:
I'm 6'4 and 175lbs, and own a ridiculous quantity of Walt trousers. So you should be fine there.post #7662 of 4439010/31/11 at 10:45amQuote:
I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs and I can't even fit into a pair of Walts, so they're definitely slim. Even the Rudy is slimmer that most trousers from American companies.post #7663 of 4439010/31/11 at 11:47amQuote:
Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?post #7664 of 4439010/31/11 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by samsterdam
Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?
haha, yeah I guess I do actually have big thighs...I wear a 33 Rudy, and I tried a 33 Walt once and I could barely squeeze my legs in. The waist fit fine, just like it does in the Rudy, but it was definitely a little too snug in the thigh area. I thought about trying to size up to 34 in the Walt and maybe taking the waist in, but the Rudy fits me so perfectly that I never bothered to try.post #7665 of 4439010/31/11 at 2:41pmFWIW, I'm 6'3" and 195ish.
My legs are about 23" right now, they grow when I'm rowing more in spring/summer to be more like 24".
I take a 36" in the Walt and I find that those allow for my thighs. You guys must have small waists compared to me, so I can see how you might want a Rudy. You likely could size up 1 on the Walt and take the waist in, depending on the waist fit, thigh fit, and how much the measurements jump from size to size. I could wear a 34" waist, but the thigh is too tight in those for me. I can wear a 36" and the waist is a little loose but the thigh is perfect. So I go with the 36" and take in the waist as necessary (maybe 1/2" ).
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 50 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › KKA LS Structured Top 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...