pretty sure sale items are always final
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:19 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Trend Back to Wide Legs and Flares? Last post on 3/28/11 at 12:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- sz 30 denims + ToJ varsity & moto Last post on 4/17/11 at 12:42pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 511post #7651 of 3262010/30/11 at 2:35pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #7652 of 3262010/30/11 at 2:58pmpost #7653 of 3262010/30/11 at 4:41pmHey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.
Navy Donegalpost #7654 of 3262010/30/11 at 6:44pmpost #7655 of 3262010/30/11 at 6:50pmpost #7656 of 3262010/31/11 at 6:16am
Quote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.
These look amazing. I have a donegal Walt from last fall (one of the deadstock ones; looks similar to the cocoa above), and, aside from this season's Olive Guncheck, it's probably my favorite trouser. It's warm but breathable -- I wear roughly from Sept to April or May, weather depending. If these are at all similar, then you will not want to sleep on them. The subtle color variations in the fabrics are beautiful, and they're astonishingly soft -- not just for tweed, but for any fabric.
I could see wearing the wheat color year round if I didn't live in a place that was humid during the summer.post #7657 of 3262010/31/11 at 6:26ampost #7658 of 3262010/31/11 at 6:57ampost #7659 of 3262010/31/11 at 7:52ampost #7660 of 3262010/31/11 at 9:57ampost #7661 of 3262010/31/11 at 9:59amQuote:
I'm 6'4 and 175lbs, and own a ridiculous quantity of Walt trousers. So you should be fine there.post #7662 of 3262010/31/11 at 10:45amQuote:
I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs and I can't even fit into a pair of Walts, so they're definitely slim. Even the Rudy is slimmer that most trousers from American companies.post #7663 of 3262010/31/11 at 11:47amQuote:
Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?post #7664 of 3262010/31/11 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by samsterdam
Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?
haha, yeah I guess I do actually have big thighs...I wear a 33 Rudy, and I tried a 33 Walt once and I could barely squeeze my legs in. The waist fit fine, just like it does in the Rudy, but it was definitely a little too snug in the thigh area. I thought about trying to size up to 34 in the Walt and maybe taking the waist in, but the Rudy fits me so perfectly that I never bothered to try.post #7665 of 3262010/31/11 at 2:41pmFWIW, I'm 6'3" and 195ish.
My legs are about 23" right now, they grow when I'm rowing more in spring/summer to be more like 24".
I take a 36" in the Walt and I find that those allow for my thighs. You guys must have small waists compared to me, so I can see how you might want a Rudy. You likely could size up 1 on the Walt and take the waist in, depending on the waist fit, thigh fit, and how much the measurements jump from size to size. I could wear a 34" waist, but the thigh is too tight in those for me. I can wear a 36" and the waist is a little loose but the thigh is perfect. So I go with the 36" and take in the waist as necessary (maybe 1/2" ).
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
- › Viberg Boots 36 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Olive Guidi Calf Services Boots 10.5 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 10 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 12 minutes ago
- › Shops in Manila, Philippines? 12 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)