or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 464

post #6946 of 37585
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post





thirded


I'm a big fan of the 1.5" cuff myself. This is the hem length on the RRL Officer Chino.
post #6947 of 37585
Mike I know you went into great detail about the warmth level of the pea coats, but the only thing I can compare it to are the Thinsulated JCrew Peas...how would these rate next to those? No idea the oz on them. I like the grey a whole lot....
post #6948 of 37585
For what it's worth, we got these in up in Maine and from my experience they fit VERY slim to begin with. I wear a 38 jacket and I found the Large to be incredibly comfortable in our gray stripe peacoat. I think a medium would be constrictive (this is with no layering, just a collared shirt). so if youre between sizes, definately go up one, maybe even that 1.5.

if you guys got the same one, it might be something to keep in mind. the other thing I can say about them is that there is no better deal in that price range: Fidelity kills it.
post #6949 of 37585
Interested in the Gitman Overdye Oxfords... I remember last season they fit almost a full size smaller than gitman's regular offerings. Can i expect the same this time around?
post #6950 of 37585
I'm a small in Gitman Vintage and the overdye oxford fits the same as my other gitmans.
post #6951 of 37585
Just ordered my first Epaulet piece—a pair of the Air Force Blue Worsted Wool trousers in 32 (looks like the last pair, too). I can't wait to get them, and I hope they fit!
post #6952 of 37585
Hey Mike,

Do you / will you guys be carrying any black chinos / trousers of preferably a fall weight and made of cotton? I'm not specifically looking for something pitch black, just something unmistakably darker than your navy offerings.

Thank you!
post #6953 of 37585
will there be a CPO shirt restock?
post #6954 of 37585
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Mike I know you went into great detail about the warmth level of the pea coats, but the only thing I can compare it to are the Thinsulated JCrew Peas...how would these rate next to those? No idea the oz on them. I like the grey a whole lot....

I haven't seen the J.Crew piece in person, but in looking at their online shop, I'd say that the Fidelity jacket is comparable in terms of thickness. The wool has a nice density to it which is sturdier than any peacoat that I've seen from a mainstream brand. It's not as heavy or as warm as Schott's 32oz navy peacoat, but that one's so thick that the fit gets kind of screwed up. If you have a seriously warm sweater or a down liner from someone like Nau or Patagonia, then you can probably make it through most of the NYC winter with this. They'll be some crazy freezing February day where you're gonna need a Ghostface Killah-style down coat though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch&Whisk View Post

For what it's worth, we got these in up in Maine and from my experience they fit VERY slim to begin with. I wear a 38 jacket and I found the Large to be incredibly comfortable in our gray stripe peacoat. I think a medium would be constrictive (this is with no layering, just a collared shirt). so if youre between sizes, definately go up one, maybe even that 1.5.

if you guys got the same one, it might be something to keep in mind. the other thing I can say about them is that there is no better deal in that price range: Fidelity kills it.
Yup, these jackets fit VERY slim. If you want to layer anything substantial under it, you'll probably need to size up one. Good call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsilk View Post

Interested in the Gitman Overdye Oxfords... I remember last season they fit almost a full size smaller than gitman's regular offerings. Can i expect the same this time around?
No, I found the sizing to be roughly equivalent to the other Gitman Vintage shirts. I bet that this Overdye oxford cloth shrinks a lot with the commercial washing. That was probably a surprise last year, but they planned for it and sized the cut pattern up accordingly for this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman View Post

Just ordered my first Epaulet piece—a pair of the Air Force Blue Worsted Wool trousers in 32 (looks like the last pair, too). I can't wait to get them, and I hope they fit!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Hey Mike,

Do you / will you guys be carrying any black chinos / trousers of preferably a fall weight and made of cotton? I'm not specifically looking for something pitch black, just something unmistakably darker than your navy offerings.

Thank you!
Hmm, not really. I've toyed with the idea of making a black chino, but honestly the demand for it is pretty sparse. I never say never though! We'll get an awesome graphite chino in about six weeks which will be a dark grey.
post #6955 of 37585
Mike, please tell me you're gonna get a restock of the Petrol Blue Rudys. I need a 32.
post #6956 of 37585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
We'll get an awesome graphite chino in about six weeks which will be a dark grey.
 


Sweet! Is this instead of or in addition to the gunmetal grey?

post #6957 of 37585
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman View Post

Mike, please tell me you're gonna get a restock of the Petrol Blue Rudys. I need a 32.
Ah sorry, we're totally out of Petrol Blue for the season. We'll restock the Navy Flannels shortly though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanl View Post





Sweet! Is this instead of or in addition to the gunmetal grey?

Yes, it will probably arrive around the same time.
post #6958 of 37585
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post

will there be a CPO shirt restock?


Same question here...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post



Yes, it will probably arrive around the same time.
 


Thanks!  Decisions...

post #6959 of 37585
are there going to be any white oxfords from gitman/ashland coming in?
post #6960 of 37585
Baade Cufflinks

Hey guys, I've got something new for you. This season, we picked up Baade Cufflinks. Each one is designed by a mother and daughter team and completely hand-crafted in the USA. The fit and finish on these is phenomenal. Here's the lineup:

700
Baade Purple Shield Cufflinks: $135

700
Baade Bulldog Cufflinks: $150

700
Baade Silver Anchor Cufflinks: $100

700
Baade Martini Glass Cufflinks: $115

700
Baade Mother of Pearl Checkerboard Cufflinks: $135

700
Baade Knot Cufflinks: $75
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread