Would you say it's a fall/winter weight jacket as the website states? I live in California so would prefer something I can wear year round. Thx.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:55 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 419post #6271 of 557517/25/11 at 10:11ampost #6272 of 557517/25/11 at 12:27pmpost #6273 of 557517/25/11 at 12:51pmpost #6274 of 557517/25/11 at 12:59pmpost #6275 of 557517/25/11 at 2:02pmvery very tempted on that desmond--I do need a sport coat, but final sale on a sport coat is worrisome (especially being 6'5"--it might end up being really young on me). also, what are people's feelings about 3 button coats? I used to wear 3 button suits but have gone more in the 2 button direction recently. hrmm.... the caine is also calling my name, but if it doesn't fit, that's $650 in store credit I'd have to blow through (not that that would be hard to do, just not the best idea!). I guess there's always the buy/sell forum.
Got my pine (was calling them olive) trousers on today. Also really nice. I like the feel and color cast--they are grey one moment and green the next. definitely snazzy, and not too thick.post #6276 of 557517/25/11 at 2:28pmpost #6277 of 557517/25/11 at 2:34pmpost #6278 of 557517/25/11 at 5:13pmQuote:
I wear it year round. I'm actually in California right now and wore it the other weekend. (I think they just released it this past fall -- that's when I got it.)post #6279 of 557517/25/11 at 6:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by kilgore
so i'm realizing why this thread is always on the front page and why my bank account is now in immediate jeopardy...i just tried on the worsted pine trousers and they are absolutely phenomenal! i love the fit and the wool is really light. i was originally worried about them being too thick for LA weather but i don't think it'll be a problem at all.
i also snagged that blue & white gingham. i've been eyeing it for a while and was going to wait for my next paycheck but then i saw this on valetmag.com and got scared of my size being sold out. this is the beginning of an addiction...
The blue and white gingham is nice. I held off for a bit because of the cutaway color but now that I have it, I really like it.Quote:Originally Posted by oisin
very very tempted on that desmond--I do need a sport coat, but final sale on a sport coat is worrisome (especially being 6'5"--it might end up being really young on me). also, what are people's feelings about 3 button coats? I used to wear 3 button suits but have gone more in the 2 button direction recently. hrmm.... the caine is also calling my name, but if it doesn't fit, that's $650 in store credit I'd have to blow through (not that that would be hard to do, just not the best idea!). I guess there's always the buy/sell forum.
Got my pine (was calling them olive) trousers on today. Also really nice. I like the feel and color cast--they are grey one moment and green the next. definitely snazzy, and not too thick.
Just got my pine trousers a couple of days ago. Won't be able to have them altered until next week sometime but so very glad I picked them up.
I really need to start posting some fit pics...it's just between a new job, travel, life etc. etc. haven't carved out the time to snap the photos.
KG and Stanvan have set the bar quite high also...post #6280 of 557517/25/11 at 8:02pmpost #6281 of 557517/25/11 at 8:42pmpost #6282 of 557517/25/11 at 9:02pmpost #6283 of 557517/25/11 at 9:06pmpost #6284 of 557517/25/11 at 10:00pmQuote:
anything? i dunno, seems pretty versatile. wore mine today with a blue striped OCBD. Tan desert boots dressed it down, coulda put on a pair of brown wingtips to dress it up a bit more. I think they'll look pretty sick with my oxblood docs. For shirts, blue, cream, grey, white, reds, maybe certain browns or greens even, all seem like it would work.post #6285 of 557517/26/11 at 9:55amQuote:
From what I've been told, it'll be sticking around in one form or another. It's a really cool shape and design that's different from the Southwick jackets in a few really cool ways. However, that said, the difference in construction between the Desmond and the Weller is noticeable with lighter-weight fabrics. The half-canvassing on the Weller really helps the jacket keep its shape around the lapels when not buttoned. The Desmond lacks this. With heavier fabrics, this is much less of an issue.
I think Mike posted earlier in the thread that he was toying with the idea of making the Desmond into more of an outerwear piece. Last I heard he's definitely planning on doing something with it -- not discontinuing it. As to what that is, it didn't sound like he'd yet made a decision (or just wasn't going to reveal it yet ).
Of course, I said he ought to do it in the tan moleskin. But I am a crazy person who wears plaid pants in July.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 3 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 3 minutes ago
- › Guidi 991 tall lace-up boots in soft black horse leather - tag 44 -... 5 minutes ago
- › Maison Margiela 5 Zip Size 44 (44-46) 8 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding