Would you say it's a fall/winter weight jacket as the website states? I live in California so would prefer something I can wear year round. Thx.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by LA Guy, 5/2/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13More
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/12/14 at 6:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:19 am in Classic Menswear
- What SF approved item is your vote for the biggest waste of money ? Last post on 10/13/11 at 1:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Who's the SF-approved guy in my salsa class? Last post on 8/8/11 at 4:14am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 419post #6271 of 412587/25/11 at 10:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6272 of 412587/25/11 at 12:27pmpost #6273 of 412587/25/11 at 12:51pmpost #6274 of 412587/25/11 at 12:59pmpost #6275 of 412587/25/11 at 2:02pmvery very tempted on that desmond--I do need a sport coat, but final sale on a sport coat is worrisome (especially being 6'5"--it might end up being really young on me). also, what are people's feelings about 3 button coats? I used to wear 3 button suits but have gone more in the 2 button direction recently. hrmm.... the caine is also calling my name, but if it doesn't fit, that's $650 in store credit I'd have to blow through (not that that would be hard to do, just not the best idea!). I guess there's always the buy/sell forum.
Got my pine (was calling them olive) trousers on today. Also really nice. I like the feel and color cast--they are grey one moment and green the next. definitely snazzy, and not too thick.post #6276 of 412587/25/11 at 2:28pmpost #6277 of 412587/25/11 at 2:34pmpost #6278 of 412587/25/11 at 5:13pmQuote:
I wear it year round. I'm actually in California right now and wore it the other weekend. (I think they just released it this past fall -- that's when I got it.)post #6279 of 412587/25/11 at 6:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by kilgore
so i'm realizing why this thread is always on the front page and why my bank account is now in immediate jeopardy...i just tried on the worsted pine trousers and they are absolutely phenomenal! i love the fit and the wool is really light. i was originally worried about them being too thick for LA weather but i don't think it'll be a problem at all.
i also snagged that blue & white gingham. i've been eyeing it for a while and was going to wait for my next paycheck but then i saw this on valetmag.com and got scared of my size being sold out. this is the beginning of an addiction...
The blue and white gingham is nice. I held off for a bit because of the cutaway color but now that I have it, I really like it.Quote:Originally Posted by oisin
very very tempted on that desmond--I do need a sport coat, but final sale on a sport coat is worrisome (especially being 6'5"--it might end up being really young on me). also, what are people's feelings about 3 button coats? I used to wear 3 button suits but have gone more in the 2 button direction recently. hrmm.... the caine is also calling my name, but if it doesn't fit, that's $650 in store credit I'd have to blow through (not that that would be hard to do, just not the best idea!). I guess there's always the buy/sell forum.
Got my pine (was calling them olive) trousers on today. Also really nice. I like the feel and color cast--they are grey one moment and green the next. definitely snazzy, and not too thick.
Just got my pine trousers a couple of days ago. Won't be able to have them altered until next week sometime but so very glad I picked them up.
I really need to start posting some fit pics...it's just between a new job, travel, life etc. etc. haven't carved out the time to snap the photos.
KG and Stanvan have set the bar quite high also...post #6280 of 412587/25/11 at 8:02pmpost #6281 of 412587/25/11 at 8:42pmpost #6282 of 412587/25/11 at 9:02pmpost #6283 of 412587/25/11 at 9:06pmpost #6284 of 412587/25/11 at 10:00pmQuote:
anything? i dunno, seems pretty versatile. wore mine today with a blue striped OCBD. Tan desert boots dressed it down, coulda put on a pair of brown wingtips to dress it up a bit more. I think they'll look pretty sick with my oxblood docs. For shirts, blue, cream, grey, white, reds, maybe certain browns or greens even, all seem like it would work.post #6285 of 412587/26/11 at 9:55amQuote:
From what I've been told, it'll be sticking around in one form or another. It's a really cool shape and design that's different from the Southwick jackets in a few really cool ways. However, that said, the difference in construction between the Desmond and the Weller is noticeable with lighter-weight fabrics. The half-canvassing on the Weller really helps the jacket keep its shape around the lapels when not buttoned. The Desmond lacks this. With heavier fabrics, this is much less of an issue.
I think Mike posted earlier in the thread that he was toying with the idea of making the Desmond into more of an outerwear piece. Last I heard he's definitely planning on doing something with it -- not discontinuing it. As to what that is, it didn't sound like he'd yet made a decision (or just wasn't going to reveal it yet ).
Of course, I said he ought to do it in the tan moleskin. But I am a crazy person who wears plaid pants in July.
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 second ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crazy Cheap! Rare Edward Green Dover Dark Oak Blucher 202 Last... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds McAllister bourbon 9 D 9 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 10 minutes ago
- › theblacktux.com - black tie event?? 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...