or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 396

post #5926 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by about11oclock View Post
Still prefer the new shadow dot to the old, but I think I'm in the minority here. And I have way too many blue shirts as is.
Blue looks super 'summery'. Perfect for me in FL, if I were up north I'd probably prefer the grey one.
post #5927 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
Do the rivet chinos shrink in length if you do a cold wash and hang dry?

No, not really. It's super minimal - maybe a half inch at most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
It was a simple question as it seemed on the MAJORITY of people the sleeves are always too long. I'm just curious as to why Mike leaves them long......I'm guessing so they'll fit everybody (long for tall guys and other guys can get them shortened)?

This is a great question. And I perstonally hear you - I'm 5'10, with somewhat shorter arms than usual, and I take an XL. It took me the better part of a year to dial in the sleeve length for our shirts. Ultimately, I found that the current length works for the majority of our customers. It's based on two factors:

1. We have a balanced amount of tall, thin guys as we do shorter and stockier guys. It's tough to have one shirt work for a 6'2" guy who needs a Medium and a 5'8" guy who needs an XL, but I feel that our shirts pretty effectively split the difference. While I could do things like shorts and longs, I'm limited on space and funds - and I feel it's better for us to go with a single fit and offer it in a psychotic amount of fabrics and colors. You can't fit everyone with one shirt in six sizes, but I'm always surprised by the vast range of physiques that our shirts really do fit well.

2. When faced with a sleeve that's too short versus too long, it's always best to err on the long side. Sleeves that are too long can be rolled or tailored. Many guys (probably most guys in the store) don't even notice the extra length as our cuffs are slim. But EVERYONE notices when sleeves are too short.

I do all of the menswear design, so if you guys ever have a question about the fit or construction, then please feel free to ask it. I could talk about this stuff all freaking day. And everything that we do is very carefully considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post
Debating on buying the shadow dot revamp, but my girlfriend said it looks like something a gay guy would wear. LOL. Fuck, I'm on the fence about this one.

Haha, we actually talked about this with the floral shirt. The consensus is to just do it. Women respect confidence, and it's cool for a guy to say "to hell with it, I'm buying and wearing this." Deep down, she'll respect you more. And it's not a feminine shirt by any degree. It's just stylish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
I actually think people with that kind of reaction have a fear of style, lack the confidence to pull off the look, and are intimidated by those who can pull it off. Their sole defense is pulling the gay card, which to me just shows their insecurity. They blend in, and that's not a good thing in my mind.

Agreed. The "gay card" is bullshit too. I think that we can all get past the point of assuming that any guy who's well dressed is gay. I know a lot of straight guys who dress extremely well. I've met gay guys who dress worse than an Old Navy mannequin. And vice-versa. Good style - especially the kind that's often discussed on this forum, has no relation to sexual orientation.

And don't get me started on the whole "Are Americans the Only Ones Into Bad Style" debate
post #5928 of 33588
Couldn't resist. Now I have both shadowdot iterations.

Curse you, Mike.
post #5929 of 33588


Dear Canadian friends,

As you guys know, there's a massive postal strike underway in Canada. Our preferred carrier for Canadian shipments - USPS Priority and Express Mail International - has suspended service until the strike ends.

As it stands, I can certainly accept orders from Canada, but I can't ship anything until the strike ends and USPS resumes service. We could theoretically ship with UPS, but I wouldn't advise it. Not only will the shipping cost be higher, but you also may be charged a brokerage fee alongside the usual customs charges. It can get really expensive.

If you want to purchase anything now, we'll just hold it and ship after the strike ends. According to the news, most people predict it will wrap up by the end of next week. Given the backlog, it might take a bit longer than usual to get delivered, but Priority and Express service to Canada is extremely reliable, so I'm confident that it will get there!
post #5930 of 33588
Mike any more info (pics) on these things?
post #5931 of 33588
Awesome, that's EXACTLY why I figured you'd do it as it's better to be too long than too short. For the price of your shirts too, you can't complain about a minor sleeve alteration as that's never too expensive.

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Just verifying too, you put the shadow dot preorder for 20 units only right? So if we got an order in and it was confirmed, we've got one? Making sure you weren't doing that manually.
post #5932 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPatterson View Post
Couldn't resist. Now I have both shadowdot iterations. Curse you, Mike.
Thanks! And good timing, you got the last one
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Awesome, that's EXACTLY why I figured you'd do it as it's better to be too long than too short. For the price of your shirts too, you can't complain about a minor sleeve alteration as that's never too expensive. Thanks for the reply Mike. Just verifying too, you put the shadow dot preorder for 20 units only right? So if we got an order in and it was confirmed, we've got one? Making sure you weren't doing that manually.
My pleasure. Seriously if you or anyone else has a question about our products, please feel free to post it anytime. I really value the opportunity for direct communication that this forum provides. And I personally did the manual part of the Shadow Dot preorder. I hit refresh every two minutes until each one is sold out. Everyone who placed an order today is fully confirmed to get the shirt! I'll finalize the size scale and submit it today. Typically we get shirts in four weeks, but it might take a week or two more due to summer vacation at the shirt factory. But you guys will be thrilled with the shirts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13k View Post
Mike any more info (pics) on these things?
They'll launch early next week. I want to save the juicy details for then, but let me tell you this - they'll have a matching accessory which is way the hell off the hook. You'll love it!
post #5933 of 33588
omg, the shadow dot pre-order is sold out alrdy!?
post #5934 of 33588
Sold out in under 3 hours? Damn. Is there a queue for returns or cancellations?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post
Debating on buying the shadow dot revamp, but my girlfriend said it looks like something a gay guy would wear. LOL. Fuck, I'm on the fence about this one.

Pffft. Shadow dot is for amateurs. Real men get the washed red pants.
post #5935 of 33588
Wow, really can't believe that it's already completely sold out.

Thank God I got in.
post #5936 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Thank God I got in.

I hate you.
post #5937 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
They'll launch early next week. I want to save the juicy details for then, but let me tell you this - they'll have a matching accessory which is way the hell off the hook. You'll love it!

post #5938 of 33588
Mike, 2 quick questions:

1. Any chance for a restock on the OJ linen? I would love to pick up a 36.

2. Any way to special order shoe sizes larger than a 12? I am a size 13D normally, so I'd be a 12.5 in your shoes. I'd love to get the Alden Cordovan Indys and the natural pennys in a 12.5.

I got my gunmetal chinos and mashup gingham shirt along with the shadow dot preorder this week. Pretty excited for all 3.
post #5939 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
We have a balanced amount of tall, thin guys as we do shorter and stockier guys. It's tough to have one shirt work for a 6'2" guy who needs a Medium and a 5'8" guy who needs an XL, but I feel that our shirts pretty effectively split the difference. While I could do things like shorts and longs, I'm limited on space and funds - and I feel it's better for us to go with a single fit and offer it in a psychotic amount of fabrics and colors. You can't fit everyone with one shirt in six sizes, but I'm always surprised by the vast range of physiques that our shirts really do fit well.

This all makes perfect sense, it's just no fun missing out on the shirt party.

post #5940 of 33588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
1. We have a balanced amount of tall, thin guys as we do shorter and stockier guys. It's tough to have one shirt work for a 6'2" guy who needs a Medium and a 5'8" guy who needs an XL, but I feel that our shirts pretty effectively split the difference. While I could do things like shorts and longs, I'm limited on space and funds - and I feel it's better for us to go with a single fit and offer it in a psychotic amount of fabrics and colors. You can't fit everyone with one shirt in six sizes, but I'm always surprised by the vast range of physiques that our shirts really do fit well.
Hey Mike,

It's heartening to see you bringing this issue up. I suppose I'd fall under the category of the "short, stocky guys" that you mentioned, although not to the degree of being 5'8" and needing a XL. I'm a little under 5'8", but am pretty built in the upper body, and need to take a medium in your shirts. As such, I find that the length is a little too long on me, as I generally don't tuck in my shirts.

I've been eyeing your shadow dots and your mashups and even your regular oxfords and have been dying to make Epaulet work for me. Any suggestions on what to do? Do you think that the 30" length might be a little too long for a guy who's 5'8" when it'll work great for a guy who's 6'0"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread