Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 12/6/16 at 12:28pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 5:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 10:00 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3740post #56087 of 578589/15/16 at 2:33amQuote:Quote:
I spent all day at the factory yesterday, so I've got the full story on both of these. The good news is, we're not far out on both of them.
Massdrop hit a production capacity issue. It wasn't clear when we were speaking throughout the Summer, but the retail downturn of the Summer ended up hitting a lot of the manufacturers here pretty hard.. especially due to their European accounts. The factory ran into a cash crunch which put a lot of strain on the production schedule. As the Massdrop order was pretty modest in size (about 120 units), they were forced to prioritize much larger deliveries for bigger accounts. Better to rush through 2,000 units for a German department store and get paid for all of them to keep the machine going. This kind of situation is not uncommon for small factories, as they usually operate on tight cash flow plans.
But.. the uppers are cut and sewn and the sneakers are ready for final assembly. We're looking at about two weeks to finish them. They look amazing!
This delay also killed my launch of the slip-on trainer. I ordered those in the beginning of May, and they're not even a little bit ready. I'm going to push them out to a Feb delivery, as we missed the relevant window to sell them this year. Sport and Tennis trainers make much more sense for the Fall.
The Museum Calf order was larger and more valuable, so that could have gone through the factory, but Ilcea quoted 4 to 6 weeks for the leather and took 12 weeks. Again, this kind of stuff happens with small European tanneries. Things like calfskin and suede can arrive in 48 hours, but the speciality leather is done when it's done. The leather is scheduled to arrive next week, and they're going to fast-track the production for us. We're looking at early October for these.
My sincere apologies for these delays guys. We've done a lot of preorders and Ends promos this year, and I'm happy that we're hitting or beating most of our dates, but footwear is always a bit more challenging - especially when it's made abroad. I'll do everything that I can to expedite this stuff in.
Goes without saying that the museum calf product is going to be outrageously beautiful!Quote:Originally Posted by Darkside
Mind telling me what stands out about these to you, versus Jodhpurs made by other brands like Carmina or SLP? I ask because these look great to me in terms of last, quality, and design (based on these images and what I know about EP), but I would like to hear from an educated source.
It's difficult the gap between CM and SWD, and I am trying to picture what types of styles shoes like this can be worn with. The Carmina guys wear Jodphurs with tailored trousers whereas the Hypebeasts wear the SLPs with skinny jeans and t-shirts. My most worn style falls somewhere in between.
Thanks for posting the question! I can tell you that design-wise, this boot in intended to split the difference between those too.
Although we're in the SW&D section, I design items for both sides, and a lot of great fit pictures on this thread illustrate this. Our goodyear welt collection is intended to be cool, a little bit edgy, and versatile. These boots can certainly be worn dressed up with a suit or flannel trousers, but they'll also look boss with jeans or a very updated designer look.ons
Construction-wise, these are going to be the best things for the money on the market. The finishing on them is magnificent.
And if you can't tell, I freaking love suede these days. Suede jackets, suede hats, and suede boots are all being released this year. Our suedes are really luxurious, and the style is excellent.Quote:
@justinkapur oh man, I can't wait to see the snuff too! Should be about the same color as the blouson.Quote:
@ahjota oh great - glad that we were able to nail that fit for you!post #56088 of 578589/15/16 at 2:57ampost #56089 of 578589/15/16 at 8:44amQuote:
In no particular order:
Totonno's (only the Coney Island location is worth going to though)
L&B Spumoni Gardenspost #56090 of 578589/15/16 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by CanadaCal
@JR Magat just so you know...
EP's LES store is right beside a Pizza joint, Goodfellas or Godfathers or something like that.... I ate there before going to the LES store. It was a good pie IMO, wood fired, cold beer... Maybe not the best in the city as the local will know best, but the convenience for killing 2 birds with 1 stone is a thing of beauty.
Probably won't be stopping by the EP store, as it would likely result in a divorce. lol
Thanks @applky for the additional recommendations!post #56091 of 578589/15/16 at 9:35ampost #56092 of 578589/15/16 at 10:10ampost #56093 of 578589/15/16 at 10:26am
Those new Gitman shirts are outrageous. Saw them when I was in store picking up my Heirloom Sweater, and they're amazing fabrics. That horizontal oxford in particular is perhaps the softest oxford I've ever felt, and a great pattern. Nice No Country for Old Men vibe on that western shirt too.post #56094 of 578589/15/16 at 10:35ampost #56095 of 578589/15/16 at 10:41amQuote:
Lol, I guess there are two things we all agree on, we all love good clothes and good food.
@bry2000 PizzArte looks like a good option for the UWS. If it's good enough for Matt Damon, it's good enough for me (see Yelp)post #56096 of 578589/15/16 at 11:52ampost #56097 of 578589/15/16 at 11:54ampost #56098 of 578589/15/16 at 3:32pmpost #56099 of 578589/16/16 at 2:27amQuote:
Couple of weeks, they'll come in along with the Suede MA-1's
@marvaments your photos are fantastic!
@eljlakers Impressed at the chino-to-shoe-to-bag matching right therepost #56100 of 578589/16/16 at 5:39am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 15 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 22 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 27 minutes ago
- › New $650 Kiton Solid White Spread Collar Dress Shirt 15.75 53 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...