Hey can anyone comment on the difference between khaki Cramerton vs. khaki canvas cloth?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3725post #55861 of 576858/30/16 at 3:39pmpost #55862 of 576858/30/16 at 4:33pmQuote:
@trig no, there will be - but only in the stock sizes 30 through 30, and without options like taping, button fly, original fit, extended sizes, cargo pockets. So this is the chance to grab a Cramerton pant if you want one of those featuresQuote:Originally Posted by applky
Mike that Chocolate/Magenta Fleck Tweed looks pretty spectacular. I am, however, having a hard time making out the color. It looks almost navy/off-navy to me, but that doesn't seem to be in the description. If you're shooting any extra video/photos (as your post suggested above), that would be one that would be great to see. Or to hear any elaboration on the color. I've been looking for an interesting navy or other dark pant for casual wear -- something that's vaguely been on my docket. Even if it's not navy, though, it certainly looks interesting! Just having a hard time making it out.
Also, what's the feel like on the Natural Cotton-Linen Canvas? I have other cotton-linen rivet chinos from you, including a slubby blue one from last EFF that works great for hot weather wear because the hand is so soft, i.e. you don't feel like your sweat gets caught in the linen (which would make it itchy); instead, it says perfectly soft.
@applky gotcha, I'll shoot a quick video of that right now. The iphone is lower rez, but I can actually get a little closer.
The Natural Cotton-Linen has a really excellent hand, and it's going to be a very breathable pant. Figure the delivery on this is going to be about end Sept to first week Oct, so it has to make sense for you to get a pair that's make for warmer days. But I think it's absolutely your style.
@SteveL91 ah yeah, my apologies - we just had 5 units available in that.Quote:
@Darkside sure, the color is darker, the weight is a bit heavier, and it's a Twill vs a canvas. It's more like a typical "khaki" pant fabric, but Cramerton is famous for the way it fades and breaks in - almost like a jean.post #55863 of 576858/30/16 at 4:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
ah yeah, my apologies - we just had 5 units available in that.
Damn, thanks anyway.
It looked incredible. That and the chocolate magenta were the two I wanted the most, but at least I got one. Out of curiosity, which fabric was made up with the cargo pocket? Is that the chocolate magenta?post #55864 of 576858/30/16 at 6:13pmIf you mean the picture showing the cargo pocket in the online item, that's a fabric from a previous eff called legendary speckled herringbone or something to that tune.
Candiani denim may be the sleeper pick. Also dig that mocha Java/purple over check.
Can't see the chocolate magenta at all but it sounds pretty sweet.post #55865 of 576858/30/16 at 7:17pmpost #55866 of 576858/31/16 at 3:35ampost #55867 of 576858/31/16 at 5:16amQuote:
Unintentionally, yes. My wife's heart was in the right place when she washed my shirts and trousers this past weekend, fortunately everything was cotton.
I noticed no discernable change after the Somelos was ironed.post #55868 of 576858/31/16 at 7:21ampost #55869 of 576858/31/16 at 7:38amQuote:
Its beefy as all hell, try putting on the chino version... You should wax it and make it a rain jacket.post #55870 of 576858/31/16 at 8:46amQuote:
Ha. That's what I thought too. It's like Kevlar.
I've looked up how to soften canvas. I went with it: I soaked the jacket in water for hours with vinegar, with hair conditioner and with epsom salts. Then dried it with a few Spaldings to "bash" the fabric.
It might have softened it a little but there's a way to go.
I didn't expect to love this jacket as much as I do.post #55871 of 576858/31/16 at 9:20ampost #55872 of 576858/31/16 at 10:05ampost #55873 of 576858/31/16 at 10:50ampost #55874 of 576858/31/16 at 11:39amQuote:
Thanks Mike for the World Star-style Rivet Chino video. That was really helpful in solidifying my Chocolate Magenta order. Also ordered the Natural Cotton-Linen Canvas. And thanks also for your previous alert on the seasonality of the Natural Cotton-Linen Rivets. I just assumed I'd wear them next summer and not any time soon, but I appreciate your giving us the heads up on their lighter weight. That lighter weight is exactly what I'm going for for warm weather wear! They'll be great for 2017. And yes, as you say, I think it's definitely my thing.
Had a more specific question I just sent you via e-mail.post #55875 of 576858/31/16 at 12:30pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 27 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 43 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 50 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway