or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3687

post #55291 of 57858

Are Club collars and New Bond Rounded Point Buttondown collars the same exact shape, with and without buttons? If the Club points are shorter than Bond I'll go with something else.

I'm leaning toward the Rezzo W63 PoW check, Club collar, button-thru pocket, and smoke buttons for a kind of workshirt feel.

post #55292 of 57858
Optic white ankles... rotflmao.gif

Had a pair of those myself for years.
post #55293 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

Well, you got the baller 5 shirt quantity, so the discount rate would have been the same as it is now

I can't say im too heartbroken haha its still a great deal even without any upgrades.

post #55294 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post

Are Club collars and New Bond Rounded Point Buttondown collars the same exact shape, with and without buttons? If the Club points are shorter than Bond I'll go with something else.
I'm leaning toward the Rezzo W63 PoW check, Club collar, button-thru pocket, and smoke buttons for a kind of workshirt feel.

That makeup sounds cool! We can add on a second pocket for another $10 if you want to go full workshirt

Yeah the club is a straight up club collar while the New Bond is a buttondown with rounded points. It's taller and fuller. Much more popular too.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

Drab Cramerton and Optic White ankles...
Not in picture (white chambray NE shirt).

Nice match there. Glad you're enjoying the Cramertons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post

Cool. I'll definitely be able to make one of those days.

Will there be OTR stock on hand as well? Hoping to try on one of the Somelo's.

Very cool, and the space is really nice. Just a block from the train if anyone wants to ride that in. I'll have pics and info soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesam099 View Post

Just ordered 6 shirts, will be set up well for fall:


Mister Blue Sky Madras - popover, artisan, MoP

Buttondowns, mitered cuffs, standard chest pocket:

Forest Gingham (smoke resin)
Rapallo Plaid (MoP)
Jumbo-Scale Navy Plaid (smoke resin)
Graphite/Cream Gingham (MoP)
Sky/Cream Gingham (MoP)


Nice to know that MoP buttons are available now.

Killer lineup!
post #55295 of 57858
That red salt wash fit by Tricky totally sold me! Just put in an order for one smile.gif

Something about this fabric and cut is 'just right,' every fit with this shirt has a relaxed and put together vibe 👍
post #55296 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH35 View Post

Probably impossible but may as well try -- my Shawl collar Thedi is one of my favorite articles of clothing I own. Unfortunately it's just a bit smaller than I'd like. Is there anyone with a L who would want to swap for a M?

Winter pic pre-snowy hike. Over a sweater in a weird Air BnB (but no one pays attention without pics!)

Argh I'm trying to swap my L for an XL smile.gif

Or an L in the cafe.

Good luck!!
post #55297 of 57858
@Epaulet which of the "Fall 2016 Casual Shirting" options would you recommend for those of us in warmer climates? I love the flannels, for instance, but if they are heavier weight then realistically would be a one season shirt for me. Thanks!
post #55298 of 57858
Hey Mike, what happened to the orange Alumo wool/cotton that was in the video? I remember ordering that one but I don't see it on the site.
post #55299 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

Hey Mike, what happened to the orange Alumo wool/cotton that was in the video? I remember ordering that one but I don't see it on the site.

 

@Nik Telford oh, it's available, I just edited it out as we can only fit four in a row. If you want on of those you can write in that number and order it in a different color

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero View Post

@Epaulet which of the "Fall 2016 Casual Shirting" options would you recommend for those of us in warmer climates? I love the flannels, for instance, but if they are heavier weight then realistically would be a one season shirt for me. Thanks!

 

@pistolero 

 

Well, nothing is super heavy out of this assortment. Even the flannels are lighter than the flannels that we run from the likes of Gitman Bros. 

 

The lightest of the group will be the Soverign Compact Melange and the Saranac Brushed Twill. Figure that those are the weight of a usual fall sport shirt. 

 

After that, the cotton-wool Alumo goods would be my second recommendation. Wool is great with cotton. Wear the shirt by itself and it breathes nicely. Will actually breathe better than a pure cotton shirt in the same weight. But layer it and it's warmer than a pure cotton. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino68 View Post

That red salt wash fit by Tricky totally sold me! Just put in an order for one smile.gif

Something about this fabric and cut is 'just right,' every fit with this shirt has a relaxed and put together vibe 👍

 

@ino68 thank you! Helps that @tricky wears it so well too. 

post #55300 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

@Nik Telford oh, it's available, I just edited it out as we can only fit four in a row. If you want on of those you can write in that number and order it in a different color

 

Cool! Out of curiosity, do you guys have any other hidden menu fabrics not listed on the site?

post #55301 of 57858

Epaulet x 3 today:

 

tumblr_obddii911U1r8bgano1_r1_1280.jpg

 

Details

post #55302 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post
 

@Epaulet

 

Can you talk a bit about the MOP button upgrade and the difference between the standard option?

 

Also, can I purchase a fabric and write in the comments section for them to hold off on submitting anything until I send a follow up email?  I have my first Individualized shirt on the way and want to dial in my fit before locking in something else. 

 

Edit: NVM I thought the MOP buttons were standard on individualized and this was something different on top of that.  I get it now. 

 

@Medoc

 

Sure, the standard buttons are resin and the MOP buttons are true mother of pearl. Really nice ones. I'll have a pic to show you guys tomorrow. 

 

And yes, you can definitely tell us to wait, but we need to submit the order by 8/14. I can usually fudge dates when we do these promos, but not with Individualized. If it's not in their system that night, then it's not getting the discount. 

post #55303 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

To the DC folks, anyone have a good recommendation for a tailor? Just got back from a long trip and cracked open all my EFF jackets - the shoulders fit great but they definitely need to be taken in at the waist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpapagiorgio View Post

I use JC Lofton's at 10th and U for basic alterations like this, or for alterations that I want done quickly.  I believe there's a coupon for new customers on his website.  For more complicated work, I recommend Halem, who works out of Wm. Fox downtown.  He did an outstanding job narrowing the shoulder of a padded jacket for me.  I have also used William Field in Glover Park, who did good work on simple alterations before I discovered Lofton.  Field also has a pretty full plate of bespoke work, which can mean your alterations will take quite a while.  Call ahead if using either Halem or Field, as you need an appointment for Field, and Halem is only in the shop on certain days (though the kind men at Wm. Fox can mark the work that needs to be done).  

I formerly used Field, but got impatient with the wait. His shop is also a hike from where I live. Now I use Christopher Kim, who is located in the Farragut Square area (20th and M, NW). He turns around work fairly quickly and I have been happy with the results. He's not cheap, however.
post #55304 of 57858

Anyone size up 1 in Rivet and take the waist in (new rivet, solid waistband) ?

 

Thinking of loading up when the Crammerton's restock.  I fit a 33 waist almost perfect but the thighs and junk region are getting snug.  I know they fit a bit snugger, and although they stretch out a bit, I'd rather had that bit extra to work with.  

 

It would have to come in approx 1".  

post #55305 of 57858
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Anyone size up 1 in Rivet and take the waist in (new rivet, solid waistband) ?

Thinking of loading up when the Crammerton's restock.  I fit a 33 waist almost perfect but the thighs and junk region are getting snug.  I know they fit a bit snugger, and although they stretch out a bit, I'd rather had that bit extra to work with.  

It would have to come in approx 1".  

This is how I've always had to do it. Size up and nip the waist. FWIW, it used to be easier with the split-waistband construction.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread