Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 10/26/16 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 6:01 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3681post #55202 of 568997/29/16 at 6:51ampost #55203 of 568997/29/16 at 7:00ampost #55204 of 568997/29/16 at 7:03ampost #55205 of 568997/29/16 at 7:11ampost #55206 of 568997/29/16 at 7:59amQuote:Originally Posted by metranger8694
Mix the linen with some oil tanned leather.
For your consideration brothers:
Gotta be able to keep fitting into my medium Individualized shirts!
That's pretty bold considering there is a lot of good science that contradicts it.
This statement caught my eye - "And there are no connections between a high fat intake and cardiovascular disease." There are a lot of studies refuting this.
I used to be on the high fat/protein/low carb view of thinking of I've been on the plant based diet side of things the past couple years.
Anyway, carry on!post #55207 of 568997/29/16 at 9:19amQuote:
@Mghart oh yeah, they'll be ready to ship the Heirlooms in the next two weeks or so. We'll absolutely have all of them fulfilled by the middle of August.Quote:Originally Posted by Steel28
Also @Epaulet Mike, will we have another round of EFF suiting?
@Steel28 no idea, it's wholly contingent on how busy or not Brooks Brothers is. Wouldn't be until very late in the Fall if it happens.Quote:
@bry2000 sorry to hear that you're disappointed. They're probably going to be about 6-8 weeks late in delivery, but unfortunately this is how things go with small European factories. Or small factories in general.
When we placed the order we were given a June-July window. The factory needed more time, and there's really nothing that I can do from my side. I can't force them to make the trainers if they don't have the capacity. They're a small firm, but also the best manufacturer that I could find, so we just roll with it. Massdrop and their customers have been cool with it - ultimately everyone is getting a great pair of sneakers for a very solid price, and still well within the season to wear them. A lot of preorder items from smaller brands & manufacturers hit unexpected delays, so its probably best to factor that in to your buying decisions.
I know it sounds like a cop-out, but the same thing happens to me as a store buyer. Suede hats were supposed to arrive in July. Denim shirts should have been here along with the first Somelos delivery. Shit happens with small-scale manufacturing. I always compromise with timing and delivery as long as the quality, fit, and price is what we need.Quote:
@eljlakers the very first run of Tennis Trainers (Summer 2014) had a single vertical back piece. I think that you got the snuff suede ones from that run, correct?
If so, yes, we changed the design after that to a two-piece back so that we can contrast just the top heel piece.Quote:
@dinted voice yup, it has the same high-stance buttondown that we always offer. There's a simple rinse (dark) and a light rinse.
The denim is Italian and fairly lightweight. They look more dressy than our older EPLA items. They're single needle and really tailored. Meant to work nicely under a sportcoat. Think more Brunello & Drakes than EPLA & RRL.Quote:
@Nik Telford the safari shirt is so freaking rad, can't wait to show it to you guysQuote:
@stevefok I think that we did three colors: navy, grey, and snuff. They have an adjustable tab and metal clasp in the back, so they're one size.post #55208 of 568997/29/16 at 9:41ampost #55209 of 568997/29/16 at 10:29ampost #55210 of 568997/29/16 at 10:32ampost #55211 of 568997/29/16 at 10:35am
Another happy somelos owner!
For those that found the blue steel oxford cloth rivets small, did the next size up do the trick? Just go mine in the the usual size. The waist is fine but the hips and crotch are pretty tight, which makes me feel like one of the Czech brothers who cruise and swing so successfuly in tight slacks.post #55212 of 568997/29/16 at 11:19ampost #55213 of 568997/29/16 at 11:39amQuote:
@Duke Silver yeah, they're really nice, and that offering has been a long time in the work.
@El Argentino it's gonna be great, and totally up your alleyQuote:Originally Posted by lifeinabox
Another happy somelos owner!
For those that found the blue steel oxford cloth rivets small, did the next size up do the trick? Just go mine in the the usual size. The waist is fine but the hips and crotch are pretty tight, which makes me feel like one of the Czech brothers who cruise and swing so successfuly in tight slacks.
@lifeinabox the shirt looks great on you!
And yes, we've had about half of the oxford Rivets come back for exchanges, a lot of guys prefer the fit one size uppost #55214 of 568997/29/16 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
we got that preview on the new Fall swatches, so you've already seen them (and ordered some killer ones). The main story for the next two weeks is that everything is 15% off, so you can add in just a single unit with a discounted price. . . .
Is the buy-4-get-one-free thing still in effect when there's 15% off?post #55215 of 568997/29/16 at 1:00pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Good value dress shirts in NYC? 5 minutes ago
- › US 11D - BNIB Ron Rider Grey Suede Chukka 7 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 8 minutes ago
- › H. Stockton Atlanta - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › best hair products for fine,straight hair 14 minutes ago
- › US 11D - Lightly used Ralph Lauren Marlow (Crockett and Jones)... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...