or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 367

post #5491 of 37333
Those mocs look nice. Especially that Chesapeake one. That same shoe would look awesome in a grey suede

Since this thread is full of EP fanboys like myself, I thought I'd ask if anyone might have a black pair of Smiths in 28 that they'd like to trade for an Indigo pair with very light wear. If it's not okay, I'll just edit this part out.
post #5492 of 37333
My Penobscot penny loafers in Natural came in today, and they are everything I had hoped they would be. I will be putting some serious use on these this summer. Now if only the freaking rain would leave NYC so I could wear these beautiful things! The unending thunderstorms are just brutal. I'm dying for some sun here!
post #5493 of 37333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
Right now, this is the only pic of the service pant as I had to send the sample back to LA:



For this first production, we're just running it in a dark olive green UK Royal Air Force fabric. The pocket design is taken from a vintage UK military pant, so I thought that it complemented it nicely. The fabric comes from the same mill as British Khaki, so it's a nice lighter weight. Provided that the shape is a success, then we'll quickly punch it out in new fabrics.

Thank you! Yes, Service Pants should be here in about four weeks...

Must. Know. When. These. Drop. I will be in NYC over Memorial Day weekend. Any chance I can bring a pair home with me?
post #5494 of 37333
Pulled the trigger on my first pair of Walts, chambray blue for me! Looks like I snagged the last 30's too!
post #5495 of 37333
Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post
Met Mike on Thursday and bought a pair of the washed red walts. Damn. Wore them to SNL last night and got a ton of compliments. If you don't like to stand out don't buy these, but if you're like me get em before they're gone.

Thanks, it was great meeting you too! Bet that you looked fly as hell at SNL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
i see some new epaulet shoes in suede and cognac

hopefully that means my natty chromexcels have shipped?

Yup, all Natural CXL penny's shipped on Friday. You guys should receive them all this week. Thanks again for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post
Hey Mike, any update on the service pants and the new rivet chinos? Rivet chinos will be an instant kop, and I'm really interested in seeing how these service pants turn out.

I'm hoping that everything ships from LA this week, meaning that we'll have it in-store and ready to go online at the end of next week. I'll keep you guys updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxK View Post
My Penobscot penny loafers in Natural came in today, and they are everything I had hoped they would be. I will be putting some serious use on these this summer. Now if only the freaking rain would leave NYC so I could wear these beautiful things! The unending thunderstorms are just brutal. I'm dying for some sun here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post
Epaulet Sewn by Hand chromexcel penny loafers arrived Friday. Awesome shoes! As someone else posted, can't wait to get a patina on them.

Thanks guys, I'm really glad that you're pleased with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homefloyd View Post
Pulled the trigger on my first pair of Walts, chambray blue for me! Looks like I snagged the last 30's too!

Thank you - enjoy them!
post #5496 of 37333
Any reason the new handsewns aren't up on the website anymore? Was really hoping for a navy leather camp moc.


Also at the risk of sounding dickish - I've been curious about the price difference between the ranger and the camp sole, are the vibram christy soles expensive?
post #5497 of 37333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Marley View Post
Any reason the new handsewns aren't up on the website anymore? Was really hoping for a navy leather camp moc.

Also at the risk of sounding dickish - I've been curious about the price difference between the ranger and the camp sole, are the vibram christy soles expensive?

Ah yes, sorry about that - we wanted to drop the new delivery all at once. There's still three more styles to go online - including one very special loafer that you guys are really going to dig! We'll relist them all tomorrow or Wednesday as a full line. I'll actually be in Maine when I do it - rocking the free Wi-Fi at the Comfort Inn. Flying out tomorrow at 7AM!

And no dickish-ness at all about the price question. The Vibram Cristy is more expensive than a boat sole, but most of the price difference comes down to construction. The Cumberland camp moc is just stitched to the sole. The Somerset is welted to the Vibram Cristy and the welt is covered with leather - so there's considerable extra labor. With the Somerset, however, you can have a cobbler replace the sole after its worn out. A cobber who's very experienced with moccasins could probably do the Cumberland, but it's going to be difficult.
post #5498 of 37333
Quote:
Originally Posted by slack tide View Post
and just real quick while I'm here - the white Oxford seen below is the EP OCBD dressed down...great shirt, as a lot of us now know.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those pants look really nice! Can I ask what they are? Thanks!
post #5499 of 37333
Clouds be damned...

post #5500 of 37333
hi mike, when can I expect the restock of the 685 horsehide boots? Damn, I just missed on the last 8.5 cheers!
post #5501 of 37333
yeah thanks mike ... received them yesterday RIGHT after i posed that haha ... will be rocking and posting pics soon
post #5502 of 37333
was in NYC this weekend, stopped by the Manhattan location--my second time there. Met Mike and saw the guy who models a lot of the stuff--kind of funny to see an internet model in person. Figured out my rivet chino size. Gonna get the stone 8 oz when it comes out.

I found out that the blazers fit me better than any blazer I've ever worn. I was weirded out by the 3-roll-2 based on the online picks, but the bottom two buttons fall perfectly where i want them to on me, and the top button really does just go into hiding if you want it to. woulda bought one with the matching gray pants and had a suit if they'd had small sizes for the gray pants. Mike said the restock was coming soon. I think I'm gonna own an Epaulet suit.

Gotta say, I have never seen anyone more excited about their product than Mike. He showed me what some of the upcoming stuff is gonna be like, and he was wearing the rivet chino prototype shorts. Great dude.
post #5503 of 37333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post
was in NYC this weekend, stopped by the Manhattan location--my second time there. Met Mike and saw the guy who models a lot of the stuff--kind of funny to see an internet model in person. Figured out my rivet chino size. Gonna get the stone 8 oz when it comes out.

I found out that the blazers fit me better than any blazer I've ever worn. I was weirded out by the 3-roll-2 based on the online picks, but the bottom two buttons fall perfectly where i want them to on me, and the top button really does just go into hiding if you want it to. woulda bought one with the matching gray pants and had a suit if they'd had small sizes for the gray pants. Mike said the restock was coming soon. I think I'm gonna own an Epaulet suit.

Gotta say, I have never seen anyone more excited about their product than Mike. He showed me what some of the upcoming stuff is gonna be like, and he was wearing the rivet chino prototype shorts. Great dude.

What? The blazers are available?! What pics online?!
post #5504 of 37333
Hey Mike--I've been following this thread for awhile and am ready to make my first purchase shortly! I was wondering if you could recommend me some trousers for my first purchase. I live in Florida so i want something lightweight and I work in a mostly business casual environment. I was mainly considering the Slim Walt Trouser or the Tapered Rudy Tropical Wool (will this be restocked) and perhaps some Rivet Chinos for more casual days. I'm 6'4 200 pounds for reference. Any suggestions for pants for hot summer florida days? Thanks!
post #5505 of 37333
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunk View Post
What? The blazers are available?! What pics online?!

maybe he meant the ones here:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Donegal/Detail
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread