Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3659post #54872 of 598127/10/16 at 1:09pmQuote:
Another vote for Balega hidden comfort if the showing doesn't bother you. I got them for running but found myself wearing them with most of my shoes, and they're the only socks I wear at work and sweat my ass off in. They're pretty thick though, a bit too much so for me to wear with handsewns or loafers that have a very snug fit. They do show too much for me in a fashion context, especially the heel tabs. Gonna try mocc or something else next.post #54873 of 598127/10/16 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by meatplant
Another vote for Balega hidden comfort if the showing doesn't bother you. I got them for running but found myself wearing them with most of my shoes, and they're the only socks I wear at work and sweat my ass off in. They're pretty thick though, a bit too much so for me to wear with handsewns or loafers that have a very snug fit. They do show too much for me in a fashion context, especially the heel tabs. Gonna try mocc or something else next.
balega are the only sock I wear for running. If you want a thinner no show sock go for the hidden dry. They are so thin and lightweight you won't even know you are wearing socks. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Balega_Hidden_Dry_2_Low_Cut/descpage-BHD2LS.htmlpost #54874 of 598127/10/16 at 4:57pmpost #54875 of 598127/10/16 at 6:05pmpost #54876 of 598127/10/16 at 6:47pmpost #54877 of 598127/10/16 at 7:38pm
I have just got the Emerald Salt Wash shirt [in size "small"] from you. I am looking for a matching trouser. I intend to wear both with dress shoes and dress belts. [both shades of brown- Allen Edmonds Tan and Bourbon] Could you suggest a good color and make of Epaulet trouser for me please ?
I am giving herewith my specifications-
1. I am 5-7 in height.
2. I intend to wear the outfit at a Summer time Professional Conference,where I will be wearing this among some suit-wearing folks.
3. I have slim to medium built.
If you or the other learned members of StyleForum can please provide some suggestions, it will be very helpful.
[ I was wondering about the Duck Caramel but I am not sure that will look good with the shirt-but maybe it will-I am open to suggestions].
Thanks to everyone that replies in advance.
Edited by StyleinStyle - 7/11/16 at 11:38ampost #54878 of 598127/10/16 at 9:16pmpost #54879 of 598127/11/16 at 4:54ampost #54880 of 598127/11/16 at 6:48amI'll give another endorsement for the Balega socks. I originally got mine for running but often wear them with casual shoes where I want something not too noticeable. As somebody else mentioned though they are a bit higher than actual no-show socks. For true no-show I've tried a few different brands and they usually have the problems of rolling down and bunching up. The only ones I've found that stay snug and don't show at all even with a nice low loafer are ones I've gotten from Tommy John - I believe they are called the "Ultimate Liner Sock".post #54881 of 598127/11/16 at 7:35amQuote:
I don't wear socks with tennis shoes (unless I'm working out or running) or loafers. Best solution IMO.post #54882 of 598127/11/16 at 8:36amI'm partial to these: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-pile-low-cut-socks-178360.html
They're cut a little higher than regular no-show socks, so they'll probably show if you try wearing them with loafers or particularly low-cut sneakers, but they work well with regular stuff like MMM GATs and CP achilles, so I assume they'd be good with any Epaulet footwear.post #54883 of 598127/11/16 at 9:21am
I got my EFF shirts over the weekend as well. The cream and pale green button down meets my expectations, but I was not anticipating that the madras was going to be quite this stunning. I'll try to get a better picture in natural light as this doesn't do it justice, but the purple with the green set off against the white and muted blues and reds is just perfect. Glad I went w/ the band collar and short sleeves on this one.post #54884 of 598127/11/16 at 2:58pmpost #54885 of 598127/12/16 at 6:11am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › NWT Emporio Armani FW15 Tartan Plaid Hooded Sweatshirt sz M 5 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo at my daytime wedding? 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 18 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Thorogood American Heritage Moc Toe 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...