or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3652

post #54766 of 57828

Hey. I'm pretty new to Epaulet. I noticed that the brands' been doing 3 pack sales of t shirts and jerseys recent.

 

I'm interested in wearing one of the loopwheeled tees sometime soon. I'm interested in:

 

1. Have they ever done sales on the loopwheeled t shirts? Like a 3 pack or maybe just some percentage off? $35 is a little much for a t shirt without free shipping

2. How do they feel compared to tubular knit tees? Interested in how they compare to brands like Velva Sheen and Lady White Co.

3. How thick/heavy are they?

 

I would like the green one at the least, but would like to know if anyone has insights on these tees. 

post #54767 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post
 

Hey. I'm pretty new to Epaulet. I noticed that the brands' been doing 3 pack sales of t shirts and jerseys recent.

 

I'm interested in wearing one of the loopwheeled tees sometime soon. I'm interested in:

 

1. Have they ever done sales on the loopwheeled t shirts? Like a 3 pack or maybe just some percentage off? $35 is a little much for a t shirt without free shipping

2. How do they feel compared to tubular knit tees? Interested in how they compare to brands like Velva Sheen and Lady White Co.

3. How thick/heavy are they?

 

I would like the green one at the least, but would like to know if anyone has insights on these tees. 


The loopwheel T's are totally tubular.

 

Save up and buy 2.

post #54768 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post
 


The loopwheel T's are totally tubular.

 

Save up and buy 2.

They are? I was under the impression that Loopwheel made shirts are different from Tubular ones like Velva Sheen. Like, aren't they suppose to be made in a way that has no tension  (aside from gravity) and thus very slow, like how those Japanese loopwheeled sweatshirts are made?

 

So are Loopwheeled tees and tubular tees different?

post #54769 of 57828
@psychodealer I have that green loop wheel tee. The loop wheel is a tubular knitting process, as I understand it. I have only handled a lady white tee never tried one on. They are pretty heavy knits right? No experience with Velva Sheen.

EP tee is a nice year round weight and really soft. Holds its shape well. I feel like it represents a good value. I bought mine as an add on to a larger order so I am not factoring in shipping.
post #54770 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hey. I'm pretty new to Epaulet. I noticed that the brands' been doing 3 pack sales of t shirts and jerseys recent.

I'm interested in wearing one of the loopwheeled tees sometime soon. I'm interested in:

1. Have they ever done sales on the loopwheeled t shirts? Like a 3 pack or maybe just some percentage off? $35 is a little much for a t shirt without free shipping
2. How do they feel compared to tubular knit tees? Interested in how they compare to brands like Velva Sheen and Lady White Co.
3. How thick/heavy are they?

I would like the green one at the least, but would like to know if anyone has insights on these tees.

The sales only happened because they were no longer going to carry them and just needed to unload em. Buy what fancies you because not all things make it to sale
post #54771 of 57828
I am having serious regrets about not hopping on more of the Hertling EFF's...
post #54772 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

@psychodealer I have that green loop wheel tee. The loop wheel is a tubular knitting process, as I understand it. I have only handled a lady white tee never tried one on. They are pretty heavy knits right? No experience with Velva Sheen.

EP tee is a nice year round weight and really soft. Holds its shape well. I feel like it represents a good value. I bought mine as an add on to a larger order so I am not factoring in shipping.

Right, it is tubular, but isn't it a lot slower than the process that Lady White uses, and only a few machines in the world has Loopwheel machines, where newer Tubular machines should have more stress.

 

I guess it shouldn't matter that much. Are there other tees that you have had that rivals it in softness? How does the feel compare to Lady White?

 

I'm thinking about jumping on that Gustin deal with 3 tubular tees for $50 in September. I don't know if it would be as good as the Loopwheeled tees and I'm not as psyched about the colors :/

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

@psychodealer I have that green loop wheel tee. The loop wheel is a tubular knitting process, as I understand it. I have only handled a lady white tee never tried one on. They are pretty heavy knits right? No experience with Velva Sheen.

EP tee is a nice year round weight and really soft. Holds its shape well. I feel like it represents a good value. I bought mine as an add on to a larger order so I am not factoring in shipping.

Huh. Okay. I might just wait a bit to order the green and purple one then. Or I might just skip these in general and have Jomers tees instead.

post #54773 of 57828
This could be a very geographically based thing, but rant to follow:

So we're spending the evening at a rather tony local golf course, and I cannot believe the dress out here. Is the new "well off" to look like slovenly lower middle class? I'm confident I'm surrounded by millionaires to a certain degree, but all these men around are wearing Nike athletic t- shirts, plaid board shorts from Hurley or whatever, and flip flops. All the women are "hoe-status glam" up everywhere, with expensive jewelry and shoes, but these guys...

I feel self consciously overdressed in an OCBD and slim joggers.
post #54774 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post

Wearing Epaulet Match Shorts at Guns N' Roses at Soldier Field. Spontaneous concert stop with my cousin.

Didn't come up with a good way to work the shorts into the photo, however. biggrin.gif

 

@cyclohexane wow, awesome! Despite all the crazy things that developed with them, Appetite for Destruction could arguably be the best rock album of all time. 

 

Did they play "It's So Easy?"

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
 

Talk about different strokes for different folks.  That Amanda collar might be the last thing in the world I'd put on a shirt.  But I didn't get into Lupo either.  I do love that you guys would customize that with IS, but man that's tough to pull off for the non-Jude Law types among us.  

 

@Irish that's the beauty of Individualized shirts for me. I don't know of any other MTO maker that has their enormous selection of fabrics and such a rad assortment of collars. We still largely sell the Buttondown and the Fashion spread, but it's so cool to offer things like the Band, Artisan, and Amanda. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post





] do you guys think i need to size up?

 

@White Lotus it's a bit tough to tell from the photos. Your lacing is pretty wide on the corners, so I see why you would find some tightness on the top. But a little tight in width or height is okay when you're talking sneakers, handsewns, or blake stitches - especially in a soft suede like these. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
 

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

 

tumblr_o9sx2qEfBH1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

 

wool/linen Walt shorts

 

@StanleyVanBuren you too homeboy - I dig the red, white, and blue look! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post
 

Hey. I'm pretty new to Epaulet. I noticed that the brands' been doing 3 pack sales of t shirts and jerseys recent.

 

I'm interested in wearing one of the loopwheeled tees sometime soon. I'm interested in:

 

1. Have they ever done sales on the loopwheeled t shirts? Like a 3 pack or maybe just some percentage off? $35 is a little much for a t shirt without free shipping

2. How do they feel compared to tubular knit tees? Interested in how they compare to brands like Velva Sheen and Lady White Co.

3. How thick/heavy are they?

 

I would like the green one at the least, but would like to know if anyone has insights on these tees. 

 

@psychodealer welcome to the thread!

 

So, the Loopwheel tees were a basic item that we produced over the past few years. They're very similar to the Velva Sheen product. It's a great tee for the money, and we opted to use the best possible cotton that we could find. 

 

That said, if you're new to Epaulet, you might want to check out things like our Rivet Chinos, Salt Wash Oxfords, Trainers, or Walt Trousers. A lot of guys really like the Loopwheels, but at the end of the day, it's a solid t-shirt. If you try one of our more signature items, you'll get a better idea for what we're all about. 

post #54775 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

 

@White Lotus it's a bit tough to tell from the photos. Your lacing is pretty wide on the corners, so I see why you would find some tightness on the top. But a little tight in width or height is okay when you're talking sneakers, handsewns, or blake stitches - especially in a soft suede like these. 

 

Should I try a size up?

post #54776 of 57828
Haven't posted a fit pic in a while, mostly because of the messy playroom in the background....but EP linen and snuff belt today on a hit day.

And room is still a mess frown.gif

post #54777 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

@cyclohexane
 wow, awesome! Despite all the crazy things that developed with them, Appetite for Destruction could arguably be the best rock album of all time. 

Did they play "It's So Easy?"

@Epaulet they led off the evening with "It's So Easy."

They've got this new girl Melissa in the band who doesn't quite fit the image. Her Instagram is just so polite and proper and friendly. biggrin.gif

That reminds me, I need to set up and start using my Instagram account(s). Ha
post #54778 of 57828
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodealer View Post

Right, it is tubular, but isn't it a lot slower than the process that Lady White uses, and only a few machines in the world has Loopwheel machines, where newer Tubular machines should have more stress.

I guess it shouldn't matter that much. Are there other tees that you have had that rivals it in softness? How does the feel compare to Lady White?

I'm thinking about jumping on that Gustin deal with 3 tubular tees for $50 in September. I don't know if it would be as good as the Loopwheeled tees and I'm not as psyched about the colors :/


Huh. Okay. I might just wait a bit to order the green and purple one then. Or I might just skip these in general and have Jomers tees instead.
Mike's right, some of the other items are more in line with what Epaulet does best, BUT those tees are pretty amazing. If you can swing it financially it will not disappoint.

In my experience Gustin tends to cut more corners fabric-wise and production-wise than Epaulet. They have to do so, to keep costs down. Jomers, meanwhile, remains the only clothing brand for whom I have returned every single item that I have ordered. Their stuff is hugely underwhelming. If you give Epaulet a shot I think you will be very impressed with what they bring to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

This could be a very geographically based thing, but rant to follow:

So we're spending the evening at a rather tony local golf course, and I cannot believe the dress out here. Is the new "well off" to look like slovenly lower middle class? I'm confident I'm surrounded by millionaires to a certain degree, but all these men around are wearing Nike athletic t- shirts, plaid board shorts from Hurley or whatever, and flip flops. All the women are "hoe-status glam" up everywhere, with expensive jewelry and shoes, but these guys...

I feel self consciously overdressed in an OCBD and slim joggers.
I can't speak for east of the Mississippi, but this is definitely the standard out west. There are occasional glimpses of "stealth wealth" style, but most look like they forgot to pack and had to dress off of the sale rack at the local sporting goods store.

I also find it funny how mismatched they are with their wives. The women are out there trying desperately to look like the lost Kardashian but the men don't seem to notice in the least.

Not to get too existential here, but I find it odd that we live in a time in which we hear lots and lots about income inequality while at the same time upper and lower class people probably dress more similar than at any other point in recent history.
post #54779 of 57828

Oh cool, I just got a delivery notification from Epaulet themselves. I didnt know you guys had started doing that.

post #54780 of 57828
Alden x Epaulet Natural Chromexcel Alt Weins at Wrigley Field.

a5502fad4ad757df4140fef539024d46.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread