You didn't come off as "ranting". You came off like you were accusing Epaulet of straight-up stealing an idea from Eidos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3651post #54752 of 598407/3/16 at 8:00ampost #54753 of 598407/3/16 at 8:42amQuote:To be fair, I took it as admiration. If you like that style of collar on an existing Eidos shirt, now you can have it on any Epaulet MTO.
Besides, Mike and Co. said that the original idea came from a mid-century vacation shirt which is precisely where Eidos got the idea for a shirt a season or two back. It's menswear, there is nothing new under the sun.
I haven't tried this version if the Capri/Amanda collar but I wholly endorse the style. Anyone who is a fan if EP shirts should definitely give one a crack on their next order.post #54754 of 598407/3/16 at 11:36ampost #54755 of 598407/3/16 at 2:05pmpost #54756 of 598407/3/16 at 3:07pm
Pretty difficult to answer your question with any certainty. But you should try a size up and see if that fits better. It looks to me like you have some bowing around the front of the ankle. That happens to me on shoes that are too small (width-wise) in that area.
Quote:Originally Posted by White Lotus Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
] do you guys think i need to size up?post #54757 of 598407/3/16 at 7:25pm
"Let me tell you the story of Right Hand, Left Hand. It's a tale of good and evil. Hate: it was with this hand that Cane iced his brother. Love: these five fingers, they go straight to the soul of man. The right hand: the hand of love. The story of life is this: static. One hand is always fighting the other hand, and the left hand is kicking much ass. I mean, it looks like the right hand, Love, is finished. But hold on, stop the presses, the right hand is coming back. Yeah, he got the left hand on the ropes, now, that's right. Ooh, it's a devastating right and Hate is hurt, he's down. Left-Hand Hate KOed by Love."
Haha, turns out that everyone is a little bit right here. The Eidos shirt is a really cool piece, and quite a few of the modern Italian brands are showing this kind of shape. The collar that NewYawker is rocking the s*** out of (looks great on you BTW!) is in that vein, but it's not quite the same. The "Amanda" collar was designed in the 90's and predates Eidos by about 20 years or so. It's a women's collar that Individualized adapted for our shape - so it buttons on the typical mens side. And as @FLW pointed out - that Lupo collar and many others like it are a single piece construction, while the Amanda has a collar stand sitting beneath it. All of the Individualized collars - except the Band collar - are two piece construction.
I'm thrilled with how it came out, and we're all grateful that NewYawker took the plunge on this slightly crazy proposal. It's an awesome and bold collar that he pulls off exceptionally well.
Quote:post #54758 of 598407/3/16 at 7:36pmpost #54759 of 598407/3/16 at 7:57pmpost #54760 of 598407/3/16 at 8:17pmpost #54761 of 598407/3/16 at 8:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Irish
Talk about different strokes for different folks. That Amanda collar might be the last thing in the world I'd put on a shirt. But I didn't get into Lupo either. I do love that you guys would customize that with IS, but man that's tough to pull off for the non-Jude Law types among us.
I have not worn the Lupo once since I bought it from The Armoury over 2 years ago because I just wasn't sure how I look in it with that collar. Plus, you have to be a contortionist to get it on and off.
But, under a blazer it looks really nice. I may style it with the Navy seersucker when I get it.post #54762 of 598407/4/16 at 4:30ampost #54763 of 598407/4/16 at 5:23ampost #54764 of 598407/4/16 at 7:42ampost #54765 of 598407/4/16 at 10:46am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Looking for a new hairstyle 12 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Wanna get some advice about the suit. 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...