or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3638

post #54556 of 57700
Mike any chance you can do any custom changes like narrowing the leg opening for these MTO? The Rudy with a Walt leg opening fits me well. Thx.
post #54557 of 57700
I'm trying really hard not to buy more pants.
post #54558 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post

Just got UPS tracking from Southwick for one, or both, of my recent EFF coats!!! Shouldn't be a long trip from Mass to Philly

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Mine actually got delivered yesterday already, didn't even get a chance to unbox it yet, so I'm not sure if it's just one or both of the jackets I ordered. Can't wait to open it up tonight!
post #54559 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post

I'm trying really hard not to buy more pants.

The struggle I face every single time I visit this thread.

post #54560 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

I recently got the 8400 and while I have had a bunch of different Hertling trousers at this point, all in the same fit/pattern, these are by far the nicest.

post #54561 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

I recently got the 8400 and while I have had a bunch of different Hertling trousers at this point, all in the same fit/pattern, these are by far the nicest.

How is the drape for 8400? Very light weight?
post #54562 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

Suit Pics

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hey guys, 

 

Long story short, this is my last week in NYC and there's a million things flying around. I'm hoping to get the suits launched this week (at least the Single Breasted) but it may take until next week. But in the meantime, let me show you some pics.

 

Here's the Navy Single Breasted Suit. This is the Vittorio jacket on top, Walt trouser on bottom. Jacket is 495, pant is 165. Buy them together for 595. Offered in Navy and Grey. They are sold as separates, so you can mix the sizes that you need for top and bottom: 

 

 

 

 

And now on to the Grey DB Suit. This grey fabric is the same that's offered in the Grey SB suit. Jacket here is $545. Pant is $165. Buy them together for $645.

 

 

 

As many of you know, I take a Rudy trouser - typically a size 34. I sized up to a 35 in this pic. The pants are comfortable, but you can see that they're tight and the pocket bags are showing a bit. I'm kind of at the limit of the Rudy pattern, and truthfully, I wear the Taylor more these days. I think that our usual Rudy customer can size up one and then take in the waist / let out the leg a bit to get a correct fit. 

 

Both of these jackets fit like a freaking dream. The body is half-canvassed, lapels are unlined, shoulders are totally deconstructed. The shape flows over your body really nicely and the entire coat is extremely lightweight and comfortable. It's one of the easiest to wear sportcoats that I've ever put on - and that was the criteria. I didn't want to just make a "cheaper suit," I wanted to make the best "cheaper suit." This is a good item for someone starting out who needs a basic staple piece, but it has its place for even extremely steezy guys like our dude @NewYawker - who not only bought the first DB jacket, but was gracious enough to model it in the store. And this was amazing to see: 

 

 

 

 

I've sized NewYawker for many custom shirts and a custom Luigi Bianchi jacket. He has a strong shoulder slope which means OTR jackets don't often work for him. Most of the pieces that he owns are custom. The soft, easy design of our sportcoat was intended to work for OTR for a big range of physiques, and it was really exciting to see how well the coat fit him. It's not perfect, mind you, but it's really excellent for the price and the quality. His sleeves were significantly too long, so we took it to the tailor to have them shortened both at the shoulder and at the cuffs. We'll get word on how that worked in a day or so, and can can offer our experience as a guide to anyone else who needs to do that alteration. 

 

Any questions - feel free to post here! I'll try to get this stuff online ASAP. In the meantime, we have full size runs of everything at the Manhattan store if you're in the NY area. 

 

Mike, I know you aren't offering these in Long sizes, but is there enough length in the sleeves to let out to cover what would typically be a "long" size? I don't mind the body length being a little short if I am wearing the coat alone, but I would like to make sure the sleeve length works. For reference, I'm typically about a 43L and your XL shirts are the best fitting shirt around for me, hitting my shoulder, chest, and sleeve lengths dead on the mark.

post #54563 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

I recently got the 8400 and while I have had a bunch of different Hertling trousers at this point, all in the same fit/pattern, these are by far the nicest.

How is the drape for 8400? Very light weight?

 

So yeah it's super light-weight feeling, because the hopsack is so breathable, but drapes really nicely since it's not actually paper-thin. The fabric is ideal for LA weather.

post #54564 of 57700
I bought the REDA pearl gray hopsack from the last EFF. So light and comfortable.
post #54565 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 

 

Mike, I know you aren't offering these in Long sizes, but is there enough length in the sleeves to let out to cover what would typically be a "long" size? I don't mind the body length being a little short if I am wearing the coat alone, but I would like to make sure the sleeve length works. For reference, I'm typically about a 43L and your XL shirts are the best fitting shirt around for me, hitting my shoulder, chest, and sleeve lengths dead on the mark.

 

@Patrick R you can let the sleeves out by about a half inch, so I'd say if they're not right on, then it will be very close. I'll have full measurements online, so you can compare it against the measurement of a jacket that you own already. I think that it will work

post #54566 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

 

Mike, I know you aren't offering these in Long sizes, but is there enough length in the sleeves to let out to cover what would typically be a "long" size? I don't mind the body length being a little short if I am wearing the coat alone, but I would like to make sure the sleeve length works. For reference, I'm typically about a 43L and your XL shirts are the best fitting shirt around for me, hitting my shoulder, chest, and sleeve lengths dead on the mark.

@Patrick R
 you can let the sleeves out by about a half inch, so I'd say if they're not right on, then it will be very close. I'll have full measurements online, so you can compare it against the measurement of a jacket that you own already. I think that it will work

Thanks Mike. Knowing there is an extra half inch if I need it is helpful.
post #54567 of 57700
I don't know about those suit pants. Based on those fit pics I don't think they will work for me. baldy[1].gif
post #54568 of 57700

Hey Mike - Suit Pics look awesome!  Thanks for sharing and can't wait for them to launch! Couple questions when you get a chance to answer:

 

- How would you compare the Vittorio/Portuguese jacket shape to your LBM 1911 Sportcoats (I'm a 38R in the chinolino) and your Southwick MTOs (of which I'm a 39R)

- Would you characterize the color as mid-grey?  Or slightly darker?

 

Thanks again for staying so active ITT while you're moving!  And best of luck with the move -- see you in LA soon enough!

post #54569 of 57700

Any new tennis trainer colorways in the pipe? ...before I pull the trigger on a current model?

post #54570 of 57700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

I don't know about those suit pants. Based on those fit pics I don't think they will work for me. baldy[1].gif

 

@TO Tie Guy yeah, they are definitely Walt trousers. If you take a Rudy, you'd have to size up one. 


That said.. I sold two navy jackets as separate sportcoats, so that might make sense for you. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post


Thanks Mike. Knowing there is an extra half inch if I need it is helpful.

 

@Patrick R it should work out, I've had plenty of guys who take Long sizes order the Vittorio from Luigi and take out the sleeves. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post
 

Any new tennis trainer colorways in the pipe? ...before I pull the trigger on a current model?

 

@kwanon not the tennis, although we're planning to get the new slip-on trainer in a month or so. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloysiusSF View Post
 

Hey Mike - Suit Pics look awesome!  Thanks for sharing and can't wait for them to launch! Couple questions when you get a chance to answer:

 

- How would you compare the Vittorio/Portuguese jacket shape to your LBM 1911 Sportcoats (I'm a 38R in the chinolino) and your Southwick MTOs (of which I'm a 39R)

- Would you characterize the color as mid-grey?  Or slightly darker?

 

Thanks again for staying so active ITT while you're moving!  And best of luck with the move -- see you in LA soon enough!

 

@AloysiusSF

 

Thanks!

 

1) Do a 38 in the Portugal Vittorio - the fit is similar to LBM1911 and slightly easier fitting than Southwick. I'd advise any odd-size Southwick guys to go down rather that up

2) Color is mid-grey but it's got a melange yarn effect which is rad. It's a freaking perfect grey tone.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread