Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 3:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 10/25/16 at 8:32pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3629post #54421 of 568886/16/16 at 1:41pmpost #54422 of 568886/16/16 at 2:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
That fit is so good it hurts. Love the pants with a bit of savoir flare
"Savoir flare"Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
I also want to call this out as one of the best fits I've ever seen on this site or anywhere. Bravo! @FrankCowperwood
Aw shucks... And thanks! There was plenty of more EP for the trip too: Khyber cloth Rudys, stormcloud Taylors, white chambray ocbd and Individualized popover. This photo most lent itself to posting.
And I love the shoes.Quote:Originally Posted by barlos
I must have looked rather carefully to notice you're around the corner from Campo de'Fiori. Enjoy Roma.
If you're staying at Albergo Sole, I recommend pastries at Pasticceria di Bellis. Exit the hotel, make a right, keep right towards the church (San Andrea delle Valle), pastry shop is on your right.
You are correct sir! I stayed in the Albergo Sole years ago on a college foreign study program and was revisiting the old neighborhood. Remarkable to see several of the shops I remember are still there. Heard there's a guy doing custom with with Africa print cloth right there too but didn't get to visit (spoiler: I like colors and patterns )
Thanks for the pasticceria tip! Always welcome. Standards for food, general quality of life (ok I wasn't trying to get anywhere in traffic or navigate any bureaucracy...) are so high in Rome. Beautiful place.post #54423 of 568886/16/16 at 2:06pmpost #54424 of 568886/16/16 at 2:13pmpost #54425 of 568886/16/16 at 3:25pmQuote:
I'm with you. I think some folks can pull off the all white look (tan/dark complexion) but for pasty folks like me at the beginning of the summer - I dunno.post #54426 of 568886/16/16 at 7:55pmQuote:
I want to extend a heartfelt thanks to everyone who bought this fabric before I went back for yet another Gable. My tuxedo and self-employment fund thank you.post #54427 of 568886/16/16 at 8:35pmpost #54428 of 568886/16/16 at 10:27pmpost #54429 of 568886/17/16 at 12:46amI'm considering going all out; I'm packing a bag to get away for the weekend, and in a shocking discovery, realize I don't have any "vacation" casual shoes. I'm not packing chinos and bluchers - I'm packing shorts and... a pair of beat up Toms.
In a fit of SF-rage, I go to EP and look at sneakers available in a US12.
Guys, for real. Do I go with the Delancey High in Oxblood/Cognac, or the Full Court in Garnet?
I'm going to wear these w/ shorts in the heat. There's no way getting around that, despite my wife's protests. And then through F/W w/ tapered sweatpants. Call it a brief departure into athleisure.
The brown tones won't be as much of a departure from my typical pallete, but that straight red makeup is so bold. Opinions?
EDIT: The deed is done. Went w/ the Delanceys. Smooth texture won out over the grain.
Edited by El Argentino - 6/17/16 at 1:36ampost #54430 of 568886/17/16 at 3:37ampost #54431 of 568886/17/16 at 5:26ampost #54432 of 568886/17/16 at 5:46amQuote:
For total versatility Feldmaus. But if you have browns already the iron olive is pretty wearable IMO. Would go great with blue, brown, camel, or grey jackets. Green pants are pretty easily worn IMO, and this really isn't an in your face green.
This is my debate also, these 2 colours. Don't really see the Iron Olive offered everyday as an OTR item.post #54433 of 568886/17/16 at 7:34amQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Perhaps an odd question, but in-line w/ SF-brand paranoia:
Mike, was going through our coat closet yesterday evening and saw my Mulberry and Thorpe jackets hanging up. I longed for cooler days where I could throw them on and trot around town. Then I went back to conditioning my shoes. It hit me - should l be looking to condition my EP leather jackets via Lexol or whatever the same way we're all hypersensitive about our shoes?
nobody responded w a recc i guess, so i'll weigh in. i condition my (non-ep) leather jackets once a year or so, with case-by-case conditioning if something particularly rough happens, like if a lamb jacket goes through a torrential rainstorm. i believe the mullberry and thorpe are both calf, so probably once a year is fine unless you are really beating them to death, and it doesn't sound like that's what's up.
for conditioner, i use lexol on my normal jackets (calf, lamb) but obernauf's lp on one particularly water-absorbing jacket i've got. w lexol, i apply a little to an area and rub around briefly with a cloth. once i've covered the whole jacket, i rub briefly with a new cloth to absorb any extra lexol and hang up overnight.post #54434 of 568886/17/16 at 7:37ampost #54435 of 568886/17/16 at 7:41am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart denim 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 9 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 18 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...