or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3591

post #53851 of 57778

sorry for the slight derail...

 

I had an awful customer service experience with Left Field. I was looking for a pair of pants a few years back and gave them a call. They suggested I order two pairs to dial in sizing. I then went to return the pair that didn't fit and they told me I purchased them at a sale price and they could not be returned! This was despite them recommending me to do so, and also the product items not showing that the price was a sale price. There was no line through it, mark down etc, absolutely zero visual cue the price I was paying wasn't the original price. Total scumbags IMO

post #53852 of 57778
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

sorry for the slight derail...

 

I had an awful customer service experience with Left Field. I was looking for a pair of pants a few years back and gave them a call. They suggested I order two pairs to dial in sizing. I then went to return the pair that didn't fit and they told me I purchased them at a sale price and they could not be returned! This was despite them recommending me to do so, and also the product items not showing that the price was a sale price. There was no line through it, mark down etc, absolutely zero visual cue the price I was paying wasn't the original price. Total scumbags IMO

Gotcha. That sucks. Thanks for sharing that.

post #53853 of 57778
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post

REDA Crosshatch from the January EFF (blonde horn buttons, unconstructed), Individualized Bodini Floral print (Artisan collar, mitred cuffs). Square is linen from EP's sale section.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

@cyclohexane Very nice! A perfect way to pull off that printed shirt IMO. Rad phone case too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

@Epaulet Is the Cinco de Mayo EFF blazer still possible? I'm pondering a DB with cream silk/linen trousers, like Ralph Lifshitz in Narcos season 2.

 

@PartagasIV yup, it absolutely is. Sorry - we dropped so many order-bombs on Southwick that no one got back to me on the fabric content. I'll ask them again tomorrow. Pretty sure that they won't hold that one to the deadline. 

 

And holy s***, that sounds like the greatest outfit ever worn. That would be so tight with off-white pants! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd1nd2nd3 View Post

@Epaulet - are all 3 of the linens (lime, Sky blue, and Maltese red) under the spring 2016 casual MTO shirts item sold out? I don't see any of them in the drop down.

 

@nd1nd2nd3 yup, unfortunately they are - we had a nice run with those tho. We have some additional linens in the top-end Thomas Mason line for the moment, although I expect they'll send some more our way soon. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post

Happy to join the alt wien crew. Thanks @Epaulet

 

@kickstand no spoiler on that - thanks for picking up the shoes! They look great. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

ready to see some monster chelsea pallet pics rolling in!

 

@rydenfan I totally neglected my social media duties today and never took one. Scheisse! We shipped out about 300 pairs though, so a major dent was made. Nearly every balance payment that was submitted got fulfilled. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

@Epaulet Mike - this is a little non-EP related, but a few months ago when you announced that Epaulet was no longer doing jeans, you mentioned a brand you tried that actuall fit well and might be good for other Rudy guys. I tried searching the thread but I couldn't find the post. Any chance you could re-post that brand and model name? Thanks!

 

@Beatlegeuse sure thing. So I was the original fit model for Rudy 34 - although honestly, these days I need a bit more room than the Rudy provides. You'd think that I'd learn to stop it with leg days at the gym, but I seem to never learn that lesson. 

 

Anyway, I tried on something like 12 different jeans and settled on the Full Count #1101. The model is both washed and sanforized. This was important as I've gotten burned with raw denim shrinking too much in the past. 

 

I wear a Rudy 34 (more or less) and took a 33 in these jeans. They're honestly tighter in the thigh than I'd like, but they're still comfortable enough and it was the best overall fit. The only jeans that didn't grab at the top were some hilarious stove-pipe models that made me look like the first guy in a Delia's catalog (there's a 90's reference for everyone!)

 

If you take the Rudy, then they should work for you if you size down one, but you'll have to be comfortable with wearing them a bit fitted. And when you're ready for the Taylor/Gable - then that's going to absolutely change your life. It's PERFECT for the Rudy guy. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post

Tonight in the studio.

Shirt by Individualized; not sure what fabric this is. This got made up by mistake instead of the flower print shirts and Mike and Adele tossed it in... As if anyone here needed additional reminders about how great Epaulet is.

Jacket is the navy fresco from the January EFF. I split it out as a separate today. Blonde horn buttons, unconstructed.

Pants are Rudy linens from an EFF last year.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
9eedf375121374a5e77ba124b3f51c26.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
c8f4223364835c3909c48bad8c696837.jpg


Edit: forgot the shoes. EPNY Alden Natural Chromexcel Alt Weins

 

@cyclohexane fantastic! This outfit is freaking rad. 

post #53854 of 57778

We got a ton of things in today. I'll be playing catch-up with you guys for a while. But for the moment, let me share this assortment of Shell Cordovan Sport Trainers - all of which were made on pre-order. If you picked up a pair of these, then they're going to blow you away in person! Going down the line, the colors are Teak - Mogano - Burgundy. 

 

post #53855 of 57778

^^^the teak color is gorgeous

post #53856 of 57778
Those Teaks need to come home!!!
post #53857 of 57778
All 3 of those are beautiful. God damn.
Epaulet killing it with the footwear
post #53858 of 57778

Reason #127 of why I love Epaulet:

 

I recently bought the Black Poplin Dress shirt that was in the sale section. I receive my shipping notification, and leave it to Epaulet to appropriately (and maybe prophetically) name the SKU for the shirt Glenn Danzig. What company does this? 

 

It's these little things why I continue to come back over and over again. Amazing, well made clothing, the best shoe game in the world, and the humor and wit. Well done Mike and team, well done.

 

post #53859 of 57778
Mike,

Just checking that the Southwick EFF has the newer slightly wider lapels correct? I may have gone a little crazy on this order!
post #53860 of 57778

@Epaulet,

 

I snoozed and lost on the open-weave (work got away from me), but the pants still showed up as available when I tried to check out (only the jacket was removed as out-of-stock).  I'm guessing this is a glitch with shopify, but if not, let me know, I'd gladly buy the trousers.  

post #53861 of 57778
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanThirst View Post

Reason #127 of why I love Epaulet:

I recently bought the Black Poplin Dress shirt that was in the sale section. I receive my shipping notification, and leave it to Epaulet to appropriately (and maybe prophetically) name the SKU for the shirt Glenn Danzig. What company does this? 



It's these little things why I continue to come back over and over again. Amazing, well made clothing, the best shoe game in the world, and the humor and wit. Well done Mike and team, well done.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


My favorite part of this post, aside from the SKU, is that open-shirted Glenn Danzig is drinking red wine on the beach. Or is that rose??
post #53862 of 57778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post




@Beatlegeuse
 sure thing. So I was the original fit model for Rudy 34 - although honestly, these days I need a bit more room than the Rudy provides. You'd think that I'd learn to stop it with leg days at the gym, but I seem to never learn that lesson. 

Anyway, I tried on something like 12 different jeans and settled on the Full Count #1101. The model is both washed and sanforized. This was important as I've gotten burned with raw denim shrinking too much in the past. 

I wear a Rudy 34 (more or less) and took a 33 in these jeans. They're honestly tighter in the thigh than I'd like, but they're still comfortable enough and it was the best overall fit. The only jeans that didn't grab at the top were some hilarious stove-pipe models that made me look like the first guy in a Delia's catalog (there's a 90's reference for everyone!)

If you take the Rudy, then they should work for you if you size down one, but you'll have to be comfortable with wearing them a bit fitted. And when you're ready for the Taylor/Gable - then that's going to absolutely change your life. It's PERFECT for the Rudy guy. 

Thanks for the detailed response, and I'm pretty much in the same boat now. I used to wear a 33 Rudy fairly comfortably (like 5 years ago), and the only pair I have left now (Black Stewart Tartans!) are a size 36 with the waist taken in about 2 inches and they're still a little too snug for my liking in the thigh and seat. Actually, the main problem is the hip measurement is too small for me...I get some pocket gape from that and no matter how much I try to alter the thigh or seat, unfortunately I'm stuck with a hip measurement that I can't alter. Maybe I do need to try the Gable and/or Taylor!
post #53863 of 57778

Do I remember correctly that a few makeups of the chelsea boot will be stock items? Could you share which ones?

post #53864 of 57778
Been looking for perfect all white sneakers for a while. I was close to ordering CPs but I just don't like the gold serial number. Needless to say, monochrome tennis trainers are on the way.
post #53865 of 57778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

Been looking for perfect all white sneakers for a while. I was close to ordering CPs but I just don't like the gold serial number. Needless to say, monochrome tennis trainers are on the way.

Those are the perfect pair.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread