Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3583post #53731 of 598405/20/16 at 1:59pmpost #53732 of 598405/20/16 at 2:11pmpost #53733 of 598405/20/16 at 3:44pmthe thing about double-monks, mike, is the quality ones stand out from the pack of trend chasers that came out in the last few years. Monks from C&J, Carmina, JL, Vass, EG, and Alfred Sargent always look amazing. Obviously at $375 they won't be JL, Vass, or EG; but if your makeup can come close to the C&J and Carmina models you should absolutely bring them back.post #53734 of 598405/20/16 at 4:10pmpost #53735 of 598405/20/16 at 4:20pmpost #53736 of 598405/20/16 at 4:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Half remember literary-themed Carmina makeup names...Ernest or Hem wasn't used that I recall? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh yeah, I loved those. I remember Hemingway being used for something. Regardless, I love the idea of literary names making a comeback, just like Hem in that great gif.post #53737 of 598405/20/16 at 5:21pmHaven't had a chance to chime in on the GYW footwear.
The Jodhpurs are excellent. I think a saffiano model would be sick. On the GMTO and exotic MTO program I think it would be nice if a factory topy could be an option to select.
The PTB is also very nice. Not sure about the wild leathers in terms of horsehide, but very versatile be lots of options to market.
Dainite is a plus and I agree on the comments to sew the dainite through or at least the toe ala Vass.
Hopefully these don't have large heels or high insteps.
Looking forward to the Chelsea boot too.
If the finishing is on par with "midrange" footwear than I would consider buying several.
Great job all around!
Edited by CanadaCal - 5/20/16 at 5:45pmpost #53738 of 598405/20/16 at 5:48pmQuote:
Agreed. In particular I'm interested in a few things: first, how an unlined jacket would feel against a T-shirt. Would the fabric be itchy against bare skin, or not?
And second, how well would it wear in the dog days of summer? It it more suited to transitional weather, or can it hang in July and August? I can't tell from the video because the weave seems very open but the fabric seems substantial. And the non-linen components of the linen blend would matter too, I think.
@Epaulet Thanks Mike!post #53739 of 598405/20/16 at 10:44pmpost #53740 of 598405/21/16 at 7:20ampost #53741 of 598405/21/16 at 9:11ampost #53742 of 598405/21/16 at 9:14ampost #53743 of 598405/21/16 at 10:18ampost #53744 of 598405/21/16 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by konadog
the thing about double-monks, mike, is the quality ones stand out from the pack of trend chasers that came out in the last few years. Monks from C&J, Carmina, JL, Vass, EG, and Alfred Sargent always look amazing. Obviously at $375 they won't be JL, Vass, or EG; but if your makeup can come close to the C&J and Carmina models you should absolutely bring them back.
Totally agree with all of this. I'd love to see your makeup. Maybe it's what I've been holding out for.post #53745 of 598405/21/16 at 12:16pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 16 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...