or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3568

post #53506 of 57745

would love that cinco de mayo fabric in the overshirt that EP sold. would pay for a couple yards and try and MTO 

post #53507 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out here. On my way out of the Southwick fabric room, I came across this "Cinco De Mayo" fabric. They were shutting down (union rules) so I had no time to photograph or video it. Not even sure what the yarn is, but it felt like some kind of wool-cotton blend. 

This was bought by a past wholesale client who abandoned it there. I cannot resist ordering myself a coat in this cloth because.. I can't pass on the opportunity to have a Mexican Blanket sportcoat. It's going to be psycho. 

If anybody else wants one, I'm sure that we can offer it at the EFF price and I can get more info on the cloth. Although this shadowy iPhone pic would be the only representation of it. Post here if you want in on it! This is the very essence of "bonkers."


I want to crush the hell out of this. Can you let me know more fabric info? If I like the sound of the composition, I would be in!
post #53508 of 57745

Lots of EP from the 30th of April.  Busy working day.  Photos by Kymberly B. Cortigiano and Lee-Huang Chen,

 

Suit is REDA Gunmetal Cross-hatch from the lightweight section from the Southwick EFF in January.  Unconstructed two-button, blonde horn buttons. The pocket flap has decided to hide inside the inset pocket in the second image.

 

Purple silk pocket square is out of the sale section on the EPNY website.

 

Shirt is by Individualized.  Fabric is "Cotonificio Albini Piumino - Purple Stripe (A25LBS-P)".  Two-button cuffs, curved cutaway collar.

 

post #53509 of 57745
The EFF was a just clever distraction from the real treasure, the incoming shipment from Portugal....

I saw the doyle and I think it looks spectualr, if I remember correctly there was mention of it coming in moleskin for the fall?
The fit looks a lot less boxy than the Apolis chore coat I have thought about picking up and was wondering if a boiled wool type material could be an option
post #53510 of 57745
"@adamf009 all of the Ends promo fabrics can only be done with a single vent. They needed to get some economy of scale, so they're only doing that single vent and not offering hem service on the trousers. But you can opt for a single vent with any of the full-price fabrics "

Mike, just checking as this was a bit confusing (not your intention I know). Are the EFF jackets single or double vent?
post #53511 of 57745
mike and all followers of this thread - apologies if this has been asked previously here, but how does the Southwick size compare to the LBM? i have the amazing LBM farmers check from last season in size 42 and it fits pretty well (perhaps a hair tight in chest and short in sleeve). which size Southwick should i choose?
post #53512 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post



Green linen Gables today, seen here as I plot what to do with our pain-in-the-ass pergola this summer.

Eidos Lupo Pullover? (and Carmina loafers?)

 

If so, did you have to be a contortionist to get the pullover on ya?

 

Damn nice outfit.

post #53513 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

@applky
 if you're in the city, I actually brought back cuttings of each fabric from Southwick. We have all of them at the Manhattan store and you can check them out in person. 

Slubby linen feels more or less like the Italian linen we use in Hertling trousers. It has a very soft hand (for a linen) and would be a very comfortable suit. I wouldn't find it itchy, so don't worry about that. It's definitely going to wrinkle a lot, but that's pure linen for you. I think that you can pull that style off well. And both pieces would work wonderfully as separates

Thanks, that's very helpful! I also definitely want to see the Natural Linen Herringbone in person too... See you this afternoon.
post #53514 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post

mike and all followers of this thread - apologies if this has been asked previously here, but how does the Southwick size compare to the LBM? i have the amazing LBM farmers check from last season in size 42 and it fits pretty well (perhaps a hair tight in chest and short in sleeve). which size Southwick should i choose?


I have an LBM jacket size 44 but wear 45 in Southwick jackets. 

post #53515 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post

mike and all followers of this thread - apologies if this has been asked previously here, but how does the Southwick size compare to the LBM? i have the amazing LBM farmers check from last season in size 42 and it fits pretty well (perhaps a hair tight in chest and short in sleeve). which size Southwick should i choose?

Agreed. LBM is fuller size for size chest and waist. I would go up if it's a bit tight on the chest.
post #53516 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

"@adamf009 all of the Ends promo fabrics can only be done with a single vent. They needed to get some economy of scale, so they're only doing that single vent and not offering hem service on the trousers. But you can opt for a single vent with any of the full-price fabrics "

Mike, just checking as this was a bit confusing (not your intention I know). Are the EFF jackets single or double vent?

They are double vents. First statement must be a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

Eidos Lupo Pullover? (and Carmina loafers?)

If so, did you have to be a contortionist to get the pullover on ya?

Damn nice outfit.
Thanks! And you are spot on with both non-EP items, Carmina and Eidos.

I am a runner, a fact which has two principal benefits: 1) cardiovascular health and 2) it is easy (or easier) to wear popovers when you are built like a 2x4 biggrin.gif

The Eidos is easier to get on than most, but I could see it being a real trick if you have big shoulders or upper back.
post #53517 of 57745
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post


They are double vents. First statement must be a typo.
Thanks! And you are spot on with both non-EP items, Carmina and Eidos.

I am a runner, a fact which has two principal benefits: 1) cardiovascular health and 2) it is easy (or easier) to wear popovers when you are built like a 2x4 biggrin.gif

The Eidos is easier to get on than most, but I could see it being a real trick if you have big shoulders or upper back.

 

@FLW I love the shirt. As a distinct non-runner, I'm definitely envious of that. My last attempt at putting on a popover was slightly less smooth than my 2yo daughter attempting to put on a shirt. I needed help taking it off after getting it on halfway. Matt Smith used to wear them really well too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherifEnt View Post
 


I have an LBM jacket size 44 but wear 45 in Southwick jackets. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post

mike and all followers of this thread - apologies if this has been asked previously here, but how does the Southwick size compare to the LBM? i have the amazing LBM farmers check from last season in size 42 and it fits pretty well (perhaps a hair tight in chest and short in sleeve). which size Southwick should i choose?

 

@konadog I'd say the same thing as @SherifEnt - size up to a 43 and you should be good. Measure out the sleeve inseam and figure where you'd like it to hit - you can give us that exact number to pass along. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post

"@adamf009 all of the Ends promo fabrics can only be done with a single vent. They needed to get some economy of scale, so they're only doing that single vent and not offering hem service on the trousers. But you can opt for a single vent with any of the full-price fabrics "

Mike, just checking as this was a bit confusing (not your intention I know). Are the EFF jackets single or double vent?

 

@eljlakers oh yes, sorry - that should read as Double Vent. All of the ends jackets have to be made with a double vent. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdusBK View Post

The EFF was a just clever distraction from the real treasure, the incoming shipment from Portugal....

I saw the doyle and I think it looks spectualr, if I remember correctly there was mention of it coming in moleskin for the fall?
The fit looks a lot less boxy than the Apolis chore coat I have thought about picking up and was wondering if a boiled wool type material could be an option

 

@OdusBK yes, that long-awaited shipment is finally happening. Holy s***, it's been crazy to get it sent - I had to organize pickups from five different places. My apologies to anyone waiting on Chelsea Boots / Unfinished Trainer preorders, should be here soon. 

 

The Doyle can only be made in washable fabrics for the moment, so we're going to stick with cottons on that. It's what LA does best. 

 

That said, I'm working on a variant of the Spanish Hunting Jacket to be made with Southwick - actually with Southwick's shirting factory. If we can pull it off, it could be very cool and really affordable. Plus we can draw on woolen fabrics from Southwick (stuff like these ends) to make basic versions at a really unbeatable price. Development with them is a long and not-so-easy process, so no promises, but it is something that we're working on. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
 

Lots of EP from the 30th of April.  Busy working day.  Photos by Kymberly B. Cortigiano and Lee-Huang Chen,

 

Suit is REDA Gunmetal Cross-hatch from the lightweight section from the Southwick EFF in January.  Unconstructed two-button, blonde horn buttons. The pocket flap has decided to hide inside the inset pocket in the second image.

 

Purple silk pocket square is out of the sale section on the EPNY website.

 

Shirt is by Individualized.  Fabric is "Cotonificio Albini Piumino - Purple Stripe (A25LBS-P)".  Two-button cuffs, curved cutaway collar.

 

 

@cyclohexane these two looks are awesome! Love that camera tie clip too. What are you shooting in the pic on the right? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post


I want to crush the hell out of this. Can you let me know more fabric info? If I like the sound of the composition, I would be in!

 

@FLW cool, I'm going to find out and put it into the assortment. No stress on availability, I'm sure that we'll have enough for anyone who wants it. 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
 

I was originally going to post this for anyone considering the sky blue doeskin, but now with the Mexican blanket fabric...

 

Here's an image of my dad and grandmother shot by a friend of mine.  Grandma's got a jacket which I believe is literally made from a blanket fabric.  The wheels in my head are already spinning for an unstructured sport coat in the Mexican blanket fabric Mike posted above.

 

My dad is sporting a vintage sky blue suit in some kind of blended tropical wool; from what I could see from the video of the Nantucket Red doeskin, the texture is similar but my dad's fabric has quite a bit of slub going on that isn't present in the doeskin availble from this EFF.

 

White MOP buttons, of course!

 

Unfortunately, he forgot where he put away the vintage pebble grain Florsheim LWB from the 70's that I found NOS for him.  He still wore his EP pebble grain belt though (not visible in picture).

 

 

Photo courtesy Kymberly B. Cortigiano Photography.

 

@cyclohexane this picture may be the greatest thing ever! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
 

 

That looks amazing.  Quoted with picture.

 

I'm in.  I wonder what it'd look like worn with the legendary Guatemalan.

 

By the way, whatever happened to the possibility of floral high rise shorts?


@cyclohexane haha, we actually made the floral hi-rise short, I haven't gotten around to shooting it yet. Came out pretty rad actually! 

post #53518 of 57745

All this runner talk is reminding me that my long lay-off from being a runner has me trending in the wrong direction in certain areas.  :D

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

@cyclohexane these two looks are awesome! Love that camera tie clip too. What are you shooting in the pic on the right? 

 

 

The pictures are showing up as top and bottom for me.  I'm guessing you mean the second image?  I'm at a wedding reception/banquet holding a Leica M 240 with the older 50mm f/1 Noctilux attached; that's a Broncolor RFS 2.1 radio transceiver on the hot shoe.

post #53519 of 57745

@Epaulet

 

What were the Nick Kroll collab. sneakers you mentioned a few days back?  Has there been any info/pics regarding those?  I don't remember ever hearing about them.  My interest is piqued. 

post #53520 of 57745
Spring Individualized shirts came yesterday. Really happy with how all 3 came out. Each one looks even better than I was expecting based on the swatches and the hand on the grey check in particular is fantastic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread