or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3564

post #53446 of 57857

I think the Green Hunting Check might be a sleeper pick of the lot

post #53447 of 57857
I thought I was just going to get one jacket but now I want that Firenze guncheck so bad.

@EpauletMike - I added a comment in the order form when I placed my order yesterday, but before I place another order I want to double check one thing...how much can we change our pattern from the last EFF round? My jacket was pretty much perfect except that the buttoning point was a little high and sat above my natural waist. Can I get that lowered on this round of orders?
post #53448 of 57857
My late grandfather had a light grey summer suit with smoked MOP buttons. Decided to pay homage to it and pull the trigger on the medium grey open weave fresco. I did welt breast pocket with patch pockets though.

Also, for all the suits in this round I requested vests, provided there's enough fabric left. I figured all the ones I got would potentially work as odd vests, especially the floral chambray.
post #53449 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post

My late grandfather had a light grey summer suit with smoked MOP buttons. Decided to pay homage to it and pull the trigger on the medium grey open weave fresco. I did welt breast pocket with patch pockets though.

Also, for all the suits in this round I requested vests, provided there's enough fabric left. I figured all the ones I got would potentially work as odd vests, especially the floral chambray.

I told myself only one suit, and got it yesterday. But my cart currently has an open grey fresco sitting in it as well. Good choice^^
post #53450 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

REDA Milano Check

Very soft, high thread count, lighter weight, clean pattern up close, slightly less contrast overall

 

Firenze Wool Guncheck

Very fine wool but not at REDA's level, medium 4-season weight, darker pattern with more contrast, pattern has a twill structure when you look at it up close

 

Both will serve about the same purpose. We've run stuff like the Firenze for years and it's always a good seller. The REDA stood out to me because of the fabric hand - these kind of things are not usually that fine. REDA is a bit lighter and better for warmer weather than Firenze, but you're talking a pretty small difference. Check out the colors and the texture on both - that should be the best guide for which one you prefer. Perhaps our resident expert on guncheck sportcoats @StanleyVanBuren might also weigh on on his preferences. 

 

Well, "expert" may be giving me too much credit, but I'll certainly admit to being a "guncheck enthusiast." The Firenze is more to my taste, certainly, and the one I went with for two simple reasons; first, the blue is far more apparent/present in the Firenze, and second, the tan ground (as opposed to grey on the Milano).

 

The blue being stronger on the Firenze makes it feel brighter, and for blue-eyed guys like myself, is going to be more flattering since it'll pick up the blue in my eyes. It'll also better help set the jacket apart if I pair it with khaki/tan pants.

 

Tan is the ground color I always think of when talking gunchecks (though there are others), and it will always be my first pick. I have some olive guncheck trousers that I love, but don't wear often enough. That's partly because they're checked trousers but mostly because olive just doesn't integrate as well with the rest of my wardrobe -- or, I suspect, most people's. Grey is a notch better, but tan is still my first preference. If I want a grey patterned jacket, I'm more likely to gravitate toward something like a windowpane or glen plaid.

 

That the Firenze is slightly heavier can be compensated for by ordering it with unconstructed shoulders with the accompanying partial lining, and/or wearing it with linen shirts which should be an option for most here.

post #53451 of 57857

I'm considering the mocha static-weave as I do not own any brown suits. I also do not own any double breasted suits. Would this fabric make up well as DB w/ open patch pockets or is that too weird? I am also considering going with my usual EP/SouthWick 3-roll-2 w/ open patch pockets but I thought it be nice for a new look with such an interesting fabric... Thoughts?

post #53452 of 57857
Those epla zip hoodies are so awesome. When will those be back in stock? Where can I get a new one in xs?

I have the navy one but im open to other colors!
post #53453 of 57857
Mike @Epaulet, @JR Magat, thanks for the help. I did end up going with REDA Milano check jacket and pants. @JR Magat if you see some dude walking around Novi/Northville with your coat on, that would be me. I went with the same make up as you. I also added a few extras to my order, indigo Irish linen suit and olive hunting check jacket.

Mike @Epaulet I added a comment about holding for size confirmation on the Milano check and Irish linen, but forgot to on the hunting check. Hope that's not a problem. I would like to chat and nail down my size. Thanks.
post #53454 of 57857
@tkliebert funny enough, I work in Novi mon-fri haha. Nice choices!
post #53455 of 57857

Some great feedback here guys, thanks! Going to pull the trigger on the Firenze; any opinions on lining color?

Thanks everyone!

post #53456 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa View Post
 

Some great feedback here guys, thanks! Going to pull the trigger on the Firenze; any opinions on lining color?

Thanks everyone!

 

I went with navy. Should be a good match and I don't care for fancy linings where the pattern of the jacket has enough going on already.

 

Here is today; Epaulet navy hopsack blazer and linen Walt pants:

 

tumblr_o73h4wMFhV1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

 

DETAILS (Click to show)
tumblr_o73h5sX3hy1r8bgano1_1280.jpg 
post #53457 of 57857
There is going to be some fantastic suiting rolling out here in another month or two, can't wait to see some! What do you think about the wool-silk mocha? Could it be made as a casual sport coat? And could it be dressed down with chinos (rivets) or something similar? I've been toying with picking up a summer weight sport coat in a similar brown linen and this might tickle that itch... But it would need to work as a casual piece.
post #53458 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff406 View Post

There is going to be some fantastic suiting rolling out here in another month or two, can't wait to see some! What do you think about the wool-silk mocha? Could it be made as a casual sport coat? And could it be dressed down with chinos (rivets) or something similar? I've been toying with picking up a summer weight sport coat in a similar brown linen and this might tickle that itch... But it would need to work as a casual piece.
I think the beauty of the EFF format is how customizable it is. I don't see too many fabrics this round that couldn't make a great casual SC with open patch hip pockets, unstructured shoulders, and partial lining

I think the mocha would be a great cantidate for that type of make up - especially with all that lovely texture
Edited by avsmusic1 - 5/13/16 at 5:46am
post #53459 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
 

 

I went with navy. Should be a good match and I don't care for fancy linings where the pattern of the jacket has enough going on already.

 

Thank you sir!

post #53460 of 57857
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff406 View Post

There is going to be some fantastic suiting rolling out here in another month or two, can't wait to see some! What do you think about the wool-silk mocha? Could it be made as a casual sport coat? And could it be dressed down with chinos (rivets) or something similar? I've been toying with picking up a summer weight sport coat in a similar brown linen and this might tickle that itch... But it would need to work as a casual piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

I think the beauty of the EFF format is how customizable it is. I don't see too many fabrics this round that couldn't make a great casual SC with open patch hip pockets, unstructured shoulders, and partial lining

I think the mocha would look sharp w/ that type of make up

+1 This is exactly the way I made up my mocha wool-silk order. I plan on wearing it mostly with linen pants, but in a business casual setting. Most of my linen trou have creases and are basically a warm-weather substitute for flannel or worsted wool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread