or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3563

post #53431 of 57679
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemczee View Post
 

You're going to love it. This is by far my most worn sports coat. I think the Reda is the same weight, which means you can wear it all year. I just wore mine yesterday with white jeans and a blue button down.

 Brown horn is playing it safe and will never do you wrong. I had a navy summer jacket with smoked and it looked great though, so if you like it you should stick with it. I think white MOP would also look rad...

Ha, no doubt white MOP would be rad, but I don't want to attract too much attention. Think I'll stick with smoke.

post #53432 of 57679
Mike,

I've been eyeing the Vittorio farmers check jacket, but I'm wondering if the REDA Milano check would have the same look. It seems like a great value and I would be able to get an odd pair of pants also. Would this fabric be close to a four season fabric for Michigan? Would it pair well with navy or green flannel Walts, or just lighter weight fabrics?
post #53433 of 57679

Just unboxed pair of Saddle GATs from the fire sale. tl;dr Love 'em.

They've got a substantial feel to them due to the thickness of the leather that you wouldn't expect from a sneaker. Personally I like this. The last is sleek, the color has depth that promises a beautiful patina, and the fit is more or less TTS. I find there to be a little more room in the toe-box than I expected for a 9.5, but not enough to be an issue. 

Great product Mike.

post #53434 of 57679
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkliebert View Post

Mike,

I've been eyeing the Vittorio farmers check jacket, but I'm wondering if the REDA Milano check would have the same look. It seems like a great value and I would be able to get an odd pair of pants also. Would this fabric be close to a four season fabric for Michigan? Would it pair well with navy or green flannel Walts, or just lighter weight fabrics?


I'm also in MI and that was what I wondered about as well.  Mike said it's a four season fabric, so it was worth a shot for me at the EFF pricing.  If you decide to get one as well, we need to plan a meet up for a photo op. jk

 

also useful: https://medium.com/@epaulet/epaulet-southwick-ends-for-friends-may-2016-four-season-suiting-464c47080968#.uoujxiii0

post #53435 of 57679

Hey guys, 

 

Just realized that there is a second Guncheck. I just uploaded it - it's called "Firenze." If anyone ordered the REDA and wants to switch, just let me know, it's no problem. Here's the photo and the video and then I'll explain the differences: 

 

 

 

REDA Milano Check

Very soft, high thread count, lighter weight, clean pattern up close, slightly less contrast overall

 

Firenze Wool Guncheck

Very fine wool but not at REDA's level, medium 4-season weight, darker pattern with more contrast, pattern has a twill structure when you look at it up close

 

Both will serve about the same purpose. We've run stuff like the Firenze for years and it's always a good seller. The REDA stood out to me because of the fabric hand - these kind of things are not usually that fine. REDA is a bit lighter and better for warmer weather than Firenze, but you're talking a pretty small difference. Check out the colors and the texture on both - that should be the best guide for which one you prefer. Perhaps our resident expert on guncheck sportcoats @StanleyVanBuren might also weigh on on his preferences. 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkliebert View Post

Mike,

I've been eyeing the Vittorio farmers check jacket, but I'm wondering if the REDA Milano check would have the same look. It seems like a great value and I would be able to get an odd pair of pants also. Would this fabric be close to a four season fabric for Michigan? Would it pair well with navy or green flannel Walts, or just lighter weight fabrics?

 

@tkliebert it's similar but not the same. The Farmers check is a really strong pattern, bigger scale, and it's very light. I wouldn't wear it in the Fall. 


REDA or Firenze is going to give you a similar vibe, but you'll be able to wear it much more in Michigan. I'd pair it with navy, grey, or pale olive pants - and of course jeans. You could do it in the Fall with flannels (the Vittorio would look a little wacko with a heavy pant). And you can't beat the price!

 

And agreed - go for the 2-piece on them. You'll freaking love those pants. Breaking out odd check trousers with a navy sportcoat is really boss. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louys View Post
 

Just unboxed pair of Saddle GATs from the fire sale. tl;dr Love 'em.

They've got a substantial feel to them due to the thickness of the leather that you wouldn't expect from a sneaker. Personally I like this. The last is sleek, the color has depth that promises a beautiful patina, and the fit is more or less TTS. I find there to be a little more room in the toe-box than I expected for a 9.5, but not enough to be an issue. 

Great product Mike.

 

@Louys excellent - glad that you're so pleased with them! We've got some new calfskin Sport Trainers coming down the road. 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post


Couldn't help myself. Snagged a single-breasted of this to go with the Italian DB I posted yesterday. Went with flaps on the pockets too to make the details very different. The shade is too useful IMHO, and at Ends pricing... biggrin.gif

Did not deviate from the White MOP buttons.

 

@cyclohexane 

 

post #53436 of 57679

Mike @Epaulet, how many units available on the wheat & straw slubby linen?  Digging that one as well

post #53437 of 57679

@Epaulet

 

Apologies, but reposting from a couple days back that I think got lost in all the EFF madness:

 

A couple questions before I put in my order for some warm weather pants:   - Is the Grey Yarn Dye Twill on the MTO page the same fabric as the stock Walts?   - Any shots of the Cotton Chambray 1832 made up? If not, would you say that fabric will read almost like a lighter-weight denim alternative? I bought a pair of the Blue Portuguese Cotton Oxford last year and just want to make sure the 1832 isn't too same-y to that fabric.

post #53438 of 57679
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

Just realized that there is a second Guncheck. I just uploaded it - it's called "Firenze." If anyone ordered the REDA and wants to switch, just let me know, it's no problem. Here's the photo and the video and then I'll explain the differences: 

 

REDA Milano Check

Very soft, high thread count, lighter weight, clean pattern up close, slightly less contrast overall

 

Firenze Wool Guncheck

Very fine wool but not at REDA's level, medium 4-season weight, darker pattern with more contrast, pattern has a twill structure when you look at it up close

 

Both will serve about the same purpose. We've run stuff like the Firenze for years and it's always a good seller. The REDA stood out to me because of the fabric hand - these kind of things are not usually that fine. REDA is a bit lighter and better for warmer weather than Firenze, but you're talking a pretty small difference. Check out the colors and the texture on both - that should be the best guide for which one you prefer. Perhaps our resident expert on guncheck sportcoats @StanleyVanBuren might also weigh on on his preferences.

 

Gunchecks are so great, especially how the twill structure is a part of the check pattern, and because of the overlapping windowpanes. The Firenze's light blue windowpane here and the pattern combination are really one of the best I've ever seen. The Milano Check and the Firenze Guncheck look like two of the most wearable gunchecks I've ever seen.

 

@Epaulet Mike, a question about the Firenze fabric: how breathable/light is it? Wondering how it'd fare in the depths of NYC August jungle heat.

 

And with the ground color of the Firenze vs the Milano, is the Firenze ground cream, whereas the Milano is very very light gray? Trying to compare the two.

post #53439 of 57679
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

Mike @Epaulet, how many units available on the wheat & straw slubby linen?  Digging that one as well

 

@JR Magat we've got enough for 5 suits. It's very cool! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post
 

 

Gunchecks are so great, especially how the twill structure is a part of the check pattern, and because of the overlapping windowpanes. The Firenze's light blue windowpane here and the pattern combination are really one of the best I've ever seen. The Milano Check and the Firenze Guncheck look like two of the most wearable gunchecks I've ever seen.

 

@Epaulet Mike, a question about the Firenze fabric: how breathable/light is it? Wondering how it'd fare in the depths of NYC August jungle heat.

 

And with the ground color of the Firenze vs the Milano, is the Firenze ground cream, whereas the Milano is very very light gray? Trying to compare the two.

 

@applky it's on the realm of a typical suiting fabric. I'd prefer the REDA on a really hot day, but both of them are essentially 4-season suiting wools and will only be so comfortable when the humidity ratchets up. 

 

And yes, The REDA ground is a very soft grey and Firenze is cream. I whipped up a quick side-by-side shot...

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
 

@Epaulet

 

Apologies, but reposting from a couple days back that I think got lost in all the EFF madness:

 

A couple questions before I put in my order for some warm weather pants:   - Is the Grey Yarn Dye Twill on the MTO page the same fabric as the stock Walts?   - Any shots of the Cotton Chambray 1832 made up? If not, would you say that fabric will read almost like a lighter-weight denim alternative? I bought a pair of the Blue Portuguese Cotton Oxford last year and just want to make sure the 1832 isn't too same-y to that fabric.

 

@Duke Silver sorry that I missed this! 

 

Yup, the Grey Yarn Dye Twill is the exact fabric as our stock Walts

 

The Cotton chambray is different than the PT Oxford - its a lot lighter in tone. It could be worn in lieu of denim, but it doesn't look like the usual Chambray shirt. I have a very dated fit pic of it. Flash back to 2010 with me....

 

 

And... a more current pic of this guy (Damon Boelte, co-owner of Brooklyn's Grand Army Bar)

 

post #53440 of 57679
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I'd go welt up top and patch on the hip pockets

That's what I did. Along with black buttons, natural shoulder and 3 roll/2 button

Edit: I'm considering switching to 2 button and brown horn.
Edited by tricky - 5/12/16 at 12:03pm
post #53441 of 57679
Quote:

The Cotton chambray is different than the PT Oxford - its a lot lighter in tone. It could be worn in lieu of denim, but it doesn't look like the usual Chambray shirt. I have a very dated fit pic of it. Flash back to 2010 with me....

 

Thanks. I'm actually looking for something to the darker side of the PT Oxford that will still give off a casual vibe. Any suggestions. The Indigo Pure Linen perhaps? 

post #53442 of 57679

Mike, on the Gauzy Herringbone, two questions: What is the weight on this? Is it spring/summer. Is the weave pretty loose? And second, it's called rainbow herringbone, but in the picture it appears tan and brown with light blue thread running through. Are there other colors in the fabric that just aren't visible in the photo?

 

Thanks!

post #53443 of 57679
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
 

Mike, on the Gauzy Herringbone, two questions: What is the weight on this? Is it spring/summer. Is the weave pretty loose? And second, it's called rainbow herringbone, but in the picture it appears tan and brown with light blue thread running through. Are there other colors in the fabric that just aren't visible in the photo?

 

Thanks!

 

Watch the video, got all the info.  It would be my pick if I were in this round!

 

https://medium.com/@epaulet/epaulet-southwick-ends-for-friends-may-2016-seasonal-fabrics-1ac400241c68#.oa3408rvv

post #53444 of 57679
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

 

Watch the video, got all the info.  It would be my pick if I were in this round!

 

https://medium.com/@epaulet/epaulet-southwick-ends-for-friends-may-2016-seasonal-fabrics-1ac400241c68#.oa3408rvv

Damn, Mike knows the information I want before I even knew I wanted it. Fabric inception. Thanks for pointing this out - had never really seen the vids before. His narration is super helpful!

post #53445 of 57679

Boom! EP sportcoat cherry broken. Gauzy herringbone and navy seersucker. Mike, what's the best email to sort out sizing with you?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread