Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3529post #52921 of 594204/26/16 at 12:50pmMy size medium EPNY shirts are a little snug now, so I sized up to large on the Persian blue linen. Pretty good fit on the body now, but the sleeves are slightly long. The tag says I can launder the shirt - does linen shrink much in the wash? Either way I've got a good point of reference for some MTO shirts.post #52922 of 594204/26/16 at 12:51pmpost #52923 of 594204/26/16 at 2:23pmpost #52924 of 594204/26/16 at 2:26pmpost #52925 of 594204/26/16 at 4:16pmQuote:
@ahjota you can do edge stitching on the collar and cuffs, just note that in the special comments.
They don't do edge stitching on plackets, but you can note a French placket for the front. I haven't had an issue with the standard placket on the fabrics that I've ordered, but it just comes down to your taste. I have a bunch of new fabrics going live tomorrow morning with the newsletter, including some amazing Albini Thomas Mason linens.Quote:Originally Posted by nd1nd2nd3
My size medium EPNY shirts are a little snug now, so I sized up to large on the Persian blue linen. Pretty good fit on the body now, but the sleeves are slightly long. The tag says I can launder the shirt - does linen shrink much in the wash? Either way I've got a good point of reference for some MTO shirts.
It will probably shrink a bit in sleeve and body length, so that might bring them up right into the zone. You can certainly have the sleeves tailored too. That fabric is incredible and was an off-price buy from Gitman to hit our retail, so IMO it's definitely worth some tailoring if you dig it.
Looks awesome @Don Lpost #52926 of 594204/26/16 at 4:35pmpost #52927 of 594204/26/16 at 4:43pmpost #52928 of 594204/26/16 at 4:44pmpost #52929 of 594204/26/16 at 6:19pmpost #52930 of 594204/26/16 at 6:46pm
Epaulet Footwear Preview
I'm going to show you a lot of samples over the next two weeks
Here's the first batch. On my last trip to Portugal, I met with two shoe factories: the guys who did our Combat Boots (Blake Stitch) and a new Goodyear Welt facility. My plan is to put together a tight collection of Fall styles that hit a range of price points and dress-to-casual positioning.
The Blake Stitch styles will fall in the mid-$200's and skew more casual. They'll have a lightweight leather & rubber combination sole. And I'll look to run them in a combination of basic leathers (Couro Cromo) and special stuff (Couro Cavalo Horsehide). Like the sneakers, they can be a really competitive and affordable product for the guy who's just getting into better footwear, or a fun and easy item for someone who already owns a bunch of high-end stuff.
Here's two boots. The Chelsea is Graphite Couro Cavalho Horsehide. It's a rad front-quarter skin with great character. The grain is irregular and kind of all over the place. It gives the boot a weathered appearance without any kind of treatment. Very comfortable on the first wear too.
This Jodphur is a deep rust suede:
Now next up is our Plain Toe Blucher. As you guys saw from the Brooklyn closing sale, the "Derby Shoe" didn't quite kill it. We did okay with it in-store, but it never proved popular online - which is where we do the majority of our sales. I think that it was too much of a middle product. Not cool enough for the casual guy and kind of unremarkable for the dressy guy. So we'll make two items to fill this in the future. The Goodyear PTB will be very refined (Annonay Calf or Comipel shell, closed channel, double leather or Dainite) and I want the Blake PTB to be a more relaxed style. I cooked this up:
^ Pricing on this would be in the low-200s, like the Sport Trainer. As Couro Calvalho gets lighter in tone, it gets a little crazier with grain and color variation. Not sure if that's a good thing. You can see that it's pretty irregular on this sample in this light greenish-grey color.
And, here's one other thing, although I'll warn you that it's fairly insane....
^ Yup, I sampled out the Tennis Trainer in genuine Cayman Crocodile. The cutter did an absolutely phenomenal job with it - this is a challenging skin to work with. I'm not sure where we'll go with this - it's definitely going to be expensive, but we could probably offer it as an individual MTO in a range of colors. As long as it's the Tennis shape, we could even offer a range of sole options too. Certainly a specific item, but I'm thinking that stuff like this and the Stingray are good ways to set us apart from the pack - even if they only sell to a very small portion of our crowd.post #52931 of 594204/26/16 at 6:58pmpost #52932 of 594204/26/16 at 7:03pmpost #52933 of 594204/26/16 at 7:05pmpost #52934 of 594204/26/16 at 7:16pmQuote:
Anyone jump in the Batik from last month? I couldn't justify squeezing it into the clothing budget at this point in time, so I have to live vicariously through someone.post #52935 of 594204/26/16 at 7:53pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › J.Crew/Wallace & Barnes sherpa-lined N-1 jacket 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 21 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 23 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 37 minutes ago
- › Brown Leather Tod's Gommino City Loafers 37 minutes ago
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 39 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...