Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3510post #52636 of 598404/17/16 at 7:12pmpost #52637 of 598404/17/16 at 8:11pmpost #52638 of 598404/17/16 at 8:22pmpost #52639 of 598404/17/16 at 9:54pmpost #52640 of 598404/18/16 at 1:18amQuote:
If these were 9.5, I would initiate the negotiations ... By the way, does anyone have a pair of Brooklyn store sale Aldens in 9.5 that's he's willing to part with?... Or, for that matter, a Medium leather jacket?post #52641 of 598404/18/16 at 11:32ampost #52642 of 598404/18/16 at 11:58am
We are emerging from the Brooklyn store closing beatdown! It was wonderful to see everyone who came by and a total success for us. The store is being taken over by an independent bag label, so it's great to see it going into the right hands. We can now start making concrete plans for the big LA move. I'll keep everyone updated as that progresses.
@lifeinabox scheduled to fly from Portugal on Friday with delivery next week.Quote:
@JayDotz those are slated for JulyQuote:Originally Posted by mattp
Well said. Really bummed the Brooklyn store is closing--had so many nice conversations with those guys there over the years. For a business that relies so heavily on online sales, they sure made it nice to go to the store.
On the other hand, that sale turned up an overdyed indigo LBM jacket that has apparently had my name on it since like 2014... You win some, you lose some.
For anyone still thinking about making the trip, word from the wise is that today is sock day.
@mattp great seeing you! And that jacket was an awesome score - total one-off piece. That was the only linen overdye one too.Quote:
@justinkapur cool shot!Quote:Originally Posted by bry2000
I stopped by the Brooklyn store today as well: first time since 2009 or 2010 when I had to wait nearly 40 mins for the dreaded F train. Thankfully, the LES store opened a few years later. And thankfully today I got the F train right away in both directions.
The sale was worthwhile and thanks to Mike, Adele and the whole team for a pleasant shopping experience even amid the bustle of a store closing sale.
@bry2000 thanks for the kind words and the support - great seeing you!Quote:Originally Posted by SherifEnt
Just got back from the closing sale in Brooklyn. The energy and vibe of the place was outstanding. If you guys are in the area please do yourself a favor and make the trip. It was such a nice a day in the city, I thought I would stop by and meet the Epaulet crew. I ended up buying 2 shoes. But the real treat of the day was meeting the crew and speaking with Mike and Dylan. I am so impressed with them on a personal level. Not only are they genuinely good people but they have this extraordinary passion for what they do. For example , I was talking to Mike about the MTO shirts and we started to discuss the DOJ SIC shirts and his eyes just lit up (the guy truly loves the fabric). These guys are not sales people just trying to get every penny out of the consumer . To me, Epaulet is attempting to share an experience to the consumer. (I apologize if I am sounding like a "fan boy.") They love what they do and it definitely shows. A couple of things that I noticed or discovered today:
1) Mike has a lot of killer events coming out. (my wallet is already shaking) Not my place to put them in this post.
2) The Chelsea boots are soooo much nicer in real life. I did not participate in the group buy and now regret it.
3) The Hawaiian shirts are freaking awesome
4) The Derby shoes are really comfortable. Probably the steal of a century.
5) The denim jackets run slightly larger than the typical Epaulet fit ( I wear XXL in the shirting but the XL was fine in the jacket)
6) Dylan was taller than expected :)
Epaulet thank you guys for wonderful time. Sad to see the store is closing , but at least we have the LES shop. Adele and Mike, I wish your family the best out in California . I am sure your daughter will love it.
@SherifEnt thanks so much for the kind words- it was great meeting you! Thanks for bringing your family by despite all the chaos in there.Quote:Originally Posted by metranger8694
The Bengal striped Artisan beast just arrived.
This shirt is straight fire gangsta.
Went with the double button. Sort of a French Cuff feel to it.
@metranger8694 that shirt came out rad on you! Let's wear it at the same time and start up a gangQuote:Originally Posted by L.I.T.
Got the Khaki field jacket yesterday in the mail. Windy day in LA so got to test if it's wind proof and definitely did the job there. But warmed right up and still didn't get too warm in the jacket. So definitely worth a purchase if anyone's on the edge out here.
Will the field jacket shirk at all still or did the enzyme wash pretty much take that out?
@L.I.T. glad that you dig it! I wore mine all weekend. No more shrinkage on that at all.Quote:
@MaxK thanks for all of the support over the years - we'll miss you guys!post #52643 of 598404/18/16 at 12:49pmpost #52644 of 598404/18/16 at 12:52pmpost #52645 of 598404/18/16 at 12:53pmQuote:
I am actually considering the waffleknit in purple heather. I was considering doing something more conservative however after talking with Mike I am leaning toward the purple heather. I love the mocha but I think it may be too dark and kind of obscure the detail of the waffleknitpost #52646 of 598404/18/16 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
@metranger8694 that shirt came out rad on you!
Let's wear it at the same time and start up a gang
We would be like Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell "Night at the Roxbury" guys.
I wonder how the Purple Canclini woulda looked with an Artisan Collar?!post #52647 of 598404/18/16 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by SherifEnt
I am actually considering the waffleknit in purple heather. I was considering doing something more conservative however after talking with Mike I am leaning toward the purple heather. I love the mocha but I think it may be too dark and kind of obscure the detail of the waffleknit
@SherifEnt oh man, the purple heather would be unstoppable in that shape!Quote:
@metranger8694 we just got in the "Finestra" shirt in chambray (Artisan collar, dual flap chest pockets, shoulder epaulets) and its unspeakably rad. I'll have fit photos in it soon!post #52648 of 598404/18/16 at 1:01pmQuote:
Even a master of shirt measurements can be wrong sometimes, haha
Those were originally detailed by @sacafotos - he was the dude to pick out those baller fabrics!post #52649 of 598404/18/16 at 1:02pmQuote:
I might do oatmeal in the waffle knit, but was also considering derby. Might just need to get both.post #52650 of 598404/18/16 at 1:07pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Looking for a new hairstyle 8 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Wanna get some advice about the suit. 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...