Sale was pretty decent. Aldens went fast and everything was picked over after 2 hours.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 12/6/16 at 12:28pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 6:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 5:01 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3508post #52607 of 578114/16/16 at 12:29pmpost #52608 of 578114/16/16 at 12:30pmpost #52609 of 578114/16/16 at 12:33pmQuote:
The Hopsack will maybe breathe better, while it also has more visual interest. I'd go with the Hopsack anyday unless your business culture is EXTREMELY anal. If it's a little more forgiving, then Hopsack again wins over.post #52610 of 578114/16/16 at 12:47pmpost #52611 of 578114/16/16 at 12:56pmIt was definitely chaotic. The shoes took a lot longer to go than the clothing, but I was able to pick up a sample pair of Chelseas, a pair of Alden PTB, and a pair of white/grey sport trainers. All for less than the price of the Alden PTB's at retail. It was definitely worth the 4.5 hours of round trip driving.post #52612 of 578114/16/16 at 3:18pm
Just got back from the closing sale in Brooklyn. The energy and vibe of the place was outstanding. If you guys are in the area please do yourself a favor and make the trip. It was such a nice a day in the city, I thought I would stop by and meet the Epaulet crew. I ended up buying 2 shoes. But the real treat of the day was meeting the crew and speaking with Mike and Dylan. I am so impressed with them on a personal level. Not only are they genuinely good people but they have this extraordinary passion for what they do. For example , I was talking to Mike about the MTO shirts and we started to discuss the DOJ SIC shirts and his eyes just lit up (the guy truly loves the fabric). These guys are not sales people just trying to get every penny out of the consumer . To me, Epaulet is attempting to share an experience to the consumer. (I apologize if I am sounding like a "fan boy.") They love what they do and it definitely shows. A couple of things that I noticed or discovered today:
1) Mike has a lot of killer events coming out. (my wallet is already shaking) Not my place to put them in this post.
2) The Chelsea boots are soooo much nicer in real life. I did not participate in the group buy and now regret it.
3) The Hawaiian shirts are freaking awesome
4) The Derby shoes are really comfortable. Probably the steal of a century.
5) The denim jackets run slightly larger than the typical Epaulet fit ( I wear XXL in the shirting but the XL was fine in the jacket)
6) Dylan was taller than expected :)
Epaulet thank you guys for wonderful time. Sad to see the store is closing , but at least we have the LES shop. Adele and Mike, I wish your family the best out in California . I am sure your daughter will love it.post #52613 of 578114/16/16 at 3:42pmI stopped by the Brooklyn store today as well: first time since 2009 or 2010 when I had to wait nearly 40 mins for the dreaded F train. Thankfully, the LES store opened a few years later. And thankfully today I got the F train right away in both directions.
The sale was worthwhile and thanks to Mike, Adele and the whole team for a pleasant shopping experience even amid the bustle of a store closing sale.post #52614 of 578114/16/16 at 4:38pmpost #52615 of 578114/16/16 at 4:39pmQuote:Glad one of us CT guys made it and it sounds like a nice haul!Originally Posted by Poomba
It was definitely chaotic. The shoes took a lot longer to go than the clothing, but I was able to pick up a sample pair of Chelseas, a pair of Alden PTB, and a pair of white/grey sport trainers. All for less than the price of the Alden PTB's at retail. It was definitely worth the 4.5 hours of round trip driving.post #52616 of 578114/16/16 at 6:27pmpost #52617 of 578114/16/16 at 6:56pmI wish they had those Ironside Alt Weins in my size today. I think you can wear them with all sorts of denim, chinos, moleskins, and cords.
When I was trying on a pair of boots today, I was sitting next to a couple, where the wife or gf talked the guy out of getting both the Ironside Alt Weins and the Ironside Indys. Crazy. And by the way, the overwhelming majority of women walking around the Brooklyn neighborhood were wearing head to toe yoga/althleisure wear. Really tiring and cliche'd.post #52618 of 578114/16/16 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bry2000
I wish they had those Ironside Alt Weins in my size today. I think you can wear them with all sorts of denim, chinos, moleskins, and cords.
When I was trying on a pair of boots today, I was sitting next to a couple, where the wife or gf talked the guy out of getting both the Ironside Alt Weins and the Ironside Indys. Crazy. And by the way, the overwhelming majority of women walking around the Brooklyn neighborhood were wearing head to toe yoga/althleisure wear. Really tiring and cliche'd.
Grounds for divorce or break up with causepost #52619 of 578114/16/16 at 7:03pmpost #52620 of 578114/16/16 at 7:04pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 24 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 38 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 44 minutes ago
- › GAZIANO & GIRLING Arran Brown Suede Chukka Shoes Boots Trees & Box... 49 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...