Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 12/6/16 at 12:28pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 10:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 10:29 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3500post #52486 of 578624/12/16 at 1:34pmpost #52487 of 578624/12/16 at 1:55pmpost #52488 of 578624/12/16 at 2:21pmpost #52489 of 578624/12/16 at 6:01pm
With all the excitement that going on, Oakstreetbootmakers just released a pair of really nice wingtips featuring calfskin from d'Annonay...
Then i remembered the EP gyw line that is approaching and the idea of an EP alt wein and shortwing with d'Annonay leather.
Really excited for the things to come!post #52490 of 578624/12/16 at 6:20pmpost #52491 of 578624/12/16 at 7:02pmpost #52492 of 578624/12/16 at 10:51pm
BROOKLYN STORE CLOSING & NEW DEVELOPMENTS
Hey guys, apologies for the late check-in, I've been running around all day. So as you can see, big changes are afoot here at Epaulet!
Let me run down everything from our side, and please feel free to ask any questions that you have. I'm certainly anxious and running through this stuff a thousand times a day in my own mind, so I'd love to bounce around ideas and get your feedback.
Brooklyn Store Closing
This weekend (4/16 & 4/17) will be the last two days of Epaulet Brooklyn. We’ll hold a clearance sale from 11AM to 7PM on both days and all merchandise will be price $10 to $250. They’ll be plenty of high end things like leather jackets and shoes that start with “A.” - not to mention wacko samples, overcast, and old stuff. It’s definitely worth the trip from out of town. Please note that the sale is cash only and everything is final sale with NO exceptions.
On Sunday, our good friend Jacob from American Trench will join us with a ton of socks and outerwear - all at clearance cash-only prices as well!
The closing is somewhat bittersweet as this is where we got our start. We opened nearly eight years ago with a somewhat questionable selection of Modern Amusement & Rogue’s Gallery merchandise, but that store blossomed into the brand that you guys know today. But with just one year left on our lease, we decided to pass the torch to a friend who’s eager to get a foothold in brick and mortar. As it’s easier to manage the business remotely when you’ve got only one location in New York and a new location in…
Los Angeles Office Opening
No, your eyes do not deceive you. And we have not time-traveled back to 2013. Adele & I are (once again) moving to Los Angeles. But this time for real!
As @Michigan Planner said, our online business is around 90% of our overall revenue. The stores are great, but they’re more of a showroom for the website then they are a standalone business. And it’s simply more valuable to have a presence on both coasts then to have two stores that are 15 min away from each other. Plus we’re moving here for our family. My daughter is only 2 years old, but she told me that she wants to surf. And eat better tacos. What other choice did we have!
Adele & I are moving out to Cali in July and the office is planned to open by September. When it’s up and running, this will be our main fulfillment center and a West Coast showroom. It won’t be a storefront on the ground level. This will be a comfortable place and a destination. It will be semi-open to the public, but you can always make an appointment to see merchandise in person and be sized for custom shirts, pants, suits, etc. We’ll have an open house on every Saturday (called “Studio Saturdays”) with beer and 90’s rap. Anyone can drop by to just hang out and talk shop. Right now we’re planning to have the office in the Culver City area, but that may change somewhat.
This is in the very early stages, but we’ve got big plans for our distributor & production. Over the next 12 weeks, you’re going to see suits, shirting and bags coming out of Portugal. Our pricing and quality on these pieces will be unmatched, but they’ll maintain the look and consistency that you’ve come to expect. We want to own the world of European entry-level biz-coz, as it’s what we do best.
But the crucial extension is our made-to-order programs. Want a great shirt for under $100? Get a Portugal Oxford. Like the fit of that but want something special? Get a Gitman shirt. Need different specs or something really bonkers like DJA Sea Island cotton? Get an Individualized Shirt. We want to take customers on a journey, and building out our affordable basics program is the plan for how to get more people into the door.post #52493 of 578624/13/16 at 12:58ampost #52494 of 578624/13/16 at 3:20ampost #52495 of 578624/13/16 at 3:30ampost #52496 of 578624/13/16 at 4:29ampost #52497 of 578624/13/16 at 5:47ampost #52498 of 578624/13/16 at 6:16amCongrats Mike and Adele on the move...again! My timing is just a little bit off, I'll be in NYC for a wedding on the weekend of May 7-8, I wish it would have been this weekend so I could hit up the Brooklyn store closing sale. And, I'm planning a trip out west in August, too early to check out the new space in LA!post #52499 of 578624/13/16 at 6:41ampost #52500 of 578624/13/16 at 6:52amCongrats Mike! As someone who's moved cross country from SoCal to Nyc and back(and back to Nyc in the near future) good luck with the move! I'm definitely going to be in the Manhattan shop this week, but hopefully I can squeeze some time in ok the weekend to swing by the Brooklyn closing.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 58 seconds ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › F/W Consolidated Tie Sale (Drakes, Tie Your Tie, Saman Amel etc) 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Persol 649 and Ray Ban Leather Wayfarers Sunglasses 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Scarfs & Gloves 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...