or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3485

post #52261 of 57790
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

 

Done. Just picked up 3 shirts. The Albini Blue Circle Print, the Indigo Two-Tone Gingham Oxford and the Boo Berry Japanese Madras in long sleeves.

 

I've got no problem unbuttoning the button downs for "Sprezz" socially but in a medical office would it look sloppy????

Good choices.  And no it won't look sloppy.  As long as the collar lays properly over the button, no one will even notice that its a button down.  Plus these are all pretty busy patterns so the button holes in the collar will hardly be seen. 

post #52262 of 57790

Well after a short detour though Oklahoma (go USPS!)  Loden FJ has arrived.  Might be my favourite purchase in a long while... Really dumb I didn't buy it earlier because I could have wore the shit out of it this pseudo winter. 

 

Bonus is that my wife really likes it too, says its one of her favourite pieces I have.  So you know that Black canvas is coming home eventually...:p

 


Edited by CanadaCal - 4/1/16 at 6:23am
post #52263 of 57790
Couple of crappy quick iphone shots of my Platinum Slubby EFF linen rivets. They're fantastic and (amazingly) I got the fit spot on.



post #52264 of 57790
Good day today. My chasmere chinos come in today and I just ordered the cream and navy windowpane linens. All I need now is another EFF Southwick event. biggrin.gif
post #52265 of 57790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Good day today. My chasmere chinos come in today and I just ordered the cream and navy windowpane linens. All I need now is another EFF Southwick event. biggrin.gif

Love to see pics of the cashmere rivet :nodding:

post #52266 of 57790
Since it's April Fools, Mike, is there any word on the drop date for the Ryden x Epaulet x Alden?
deadhorse-a.gifdeadhorse-a.gifdeadhorse-a.gif

Cheers and have a good weekend!
post #52267 of 57790
Just got my Olive Spring Corduroy EFFs. Mike (or others), what's the recommendation for cleaning --- cold water wash or dry clean? They seem thin / somewhat delicate, and the tag says dry clean (though I think they sometimes say that even when not necessary).

Want to get any shrinkage taken care of so I can get them tailored and into the rotation!
post #52268 of 57790
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Good choices.  And no it won't look sloppy.  As long as the collar lays properly over the button, no one will even notice that its a button down.  Plus these are all pretty busy patterns so the button holes in the collar will hardly be seen. 
Thanks for the advice!

And your Loden FJ looks great.
post #52269 of 57790
@Epaulet I've been waffling back and forth on the khaki canvas field jacket still. It's probably too warm for me to consider getting another jacket right now, but it got me thinking...any chance you will consider doing a linen version of the field jacket? That would probably suit my needs a little better than the cotton duck canvas. Something in this same khaki color would be awesome.
post #52270 of 57790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

@Epaulet I've been waffling back and forth on the khaki canvas field jacket still. It's probably too warm for me to consider getting another jacket right now, but it got me thinking...any chance you will consider doing a linen version of the field jacket? That would probably suit my needs a little better than the cotton duck canvas. Something in this same khaki color would be awesome.

Linen field jacket sounds like it's getting into 1980s Banana Republic territory.

Also, love the windowpane EFF jacket. Great makeup.
post #52271 of 57790

For MTO Rivets, is there any way to specify that the pockets be cut like the cramerton pockets are cut? button through on the right side, besom on the left?

post #52272 of 57790
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


Linen field jacket sounds like it's getting into 1980s Banana Republic territory.

Also, love the windowpane EFF jacket. Great makeup.

respectfully disagree. Slightly different shape than the EP Fj but I get good use out of this linen field coat

 

 

 

post #52273 of 57790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefenceposts View Post
 

For MTO Rivets, is there any way to specify that the pockets be cut like the cramerton pockets are cut? button through on the right side, besom on the left?

 

Yeah, we can certainly do that. I'll add in a comments field to the Rivet MTO items, you can add that in as a request. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

@Epaulet I've been waffling back and forth on the khaki canvas field jacket still. It's probably too warm for me to consider getting another jacket right now, but it got me thinking...any chance you will consider doing a linen version of the field jacket? That would probably suit my needs a little better than the cotton duck canvas. Something in this same khaki color would be awesome.

 

@Beatlegeuse I'm with you on a linen field jacket being rad, but honestly, it's not something that I'd probably make. 

 

When we did Field Jackets, our minimums are pretty large - like the Doyle. But it's not a huge deal as they're very versatile. Guys can buy them in the Spring and the Fall. I actually sold three Moleskin jackets last week, and we're getting close to the end of the season for that. 

 

But linen is strictly Spring/Summer only, and would probably put the price point in the mid-to-high $300's. And there's probably no way that we would sell a linen field jacket better than a sportcoat in the same fabric. 

 

But that said, I'd definitely encourage you to give the duck jacket a try for Florida. I think that it works pretty well there. It breathes nicely - although not as well as linen - and I like wearing mine in warmer weather. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlynerdy View Post

Just got my Olive Spring Corduroy EFFs. Mike (or others), what's the recommendation for cleaning --- cold water wash or dry clean? They seem thin / somewhat delicate, and the tag says dry clean (though I think they sometimes say that even when not necessary).

Want to get any shrinkage taken care of so I can get them tailored and into the rotation!

 

@fairlynerdy cold wash / hang-dry will be no problemo with those

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigzy View Post

Since it's April Fools, Mike, is there any word on the drop date for the Ryden x Epaulet x Alden?
deadhorse-a.gifdeadhorse-a.gifdeadhorse-a.gif

Cheers and have a good weekend!

 

@Brigzy haha, nothing yet, but I promise that you guys will be the first to know! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post
 

Well after a short detour though Oklahoma (go USPS!)  Loden FJ has arrived.  Might be my favourite purchase in a long while... Really dumb I didn't buy it earlier because I could have wore the shit out of it this pseudo winter. 

 

Bonus is that my wife really likes it too, says its one of her favourite pieces I have.  So you know that Black canvas is coming home eventually...:p

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

@CanadaCal excellent - glad that you're pleased with it! And we're happy when wives are happy! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post
 

 

 


Done. Just picked up 3 shirts. The Albini Blue Circle Print, the Indigo Two-Tone Gingham Oxford and the Boo Berry Japanese Madras in long sleeves.

 

I've got no problem unbuttoning the button downs for "Sprezz" socially but in a medical office would it look sloppy????

 

@metranger8694 great choices on those! And I think an unbuttoned BD collar, especially in fabrics like that, is totally fine in an office. With the Circle Print, you will be the very epitome of Sprezzzz...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

8 track umber tweed:

So I still need to get the sleeves finished but I had the waist taken in locally and just threw it on for a quick photo as several members asked about the final product. Very happy with how this came out! Thanks Mike.


 

@SouthNarc Wow! That jacket made up so rad! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino68 View Post


Hey Mike, where does the fabric on that Persian Blue linen shirt hail from?

Mine is a bit scratchy and stiff compared to the other linens in my wardrobe. I'm hoping it'll soften up with wear, but I reckon the stiffness might help in the heat!

 

@ino68 good question, I'm actually not sure. It was "on sale" from Gitman Bros, hence the lower price on it. Given the hand, I'm pretty sure that it's from Ireland. It will definitely soften with wear. Will probably wear like a tank. 

post #52274 of 57790

@Epaulet for future shirt promotions, if I have exhaustive measurements for a dress shirt that fits me very well (taken from one of the online MTM places I've used) can I just give you guys the measurements in lieu of the standard sizing that you use?

post #52275 of 57790

Hi guys - based on a couple comments up above on New England Shirt Sizing - is the makeup of a New England shirt any different from EPNY?  I own so many shirts by you guys, I can't recall which is which.

 

I *think* it's possible my New England shirts run a touch smaller than EPNY, and based on the comments in the thread seems like this might be the case?  Just wanted to get some more feedback on this before putting in a couple more orders on New England Ends for Friends.  Any insight would be much appreciated!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread