Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 2:46 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3432post #51466 of 593173/2/16 at 5:07pmpost #51467 of 593173/2/16 at 6:27pmpost #51468 of 593173/3/16 at 4:43amQuote:
Most of the increments are half inch, but sleeve and collar can be done down to the quarter inch.
Body length moves in 1" increments only. I wish that we could dial it in more than that. Most fabrics shrink in body length a little bit after a wash as those are the longest continuous I pieces of fabric. So I'll always advise erring on the longer side
Yes it will. The traditional sleeve length on dress shirts (a number like 34) is equal to the full sleeve plus half of the yoke. Make the yoke 0.5" longer and each sleeve falls 0.25" longer on your arm.
That's in raw numbers. In real life, quarter inch increments are not really noticable on sleeves. But we'll adjust for that kind of thing if we modify the yokepost #51469 of 593173/3/16 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
nope, just dragging my heels on it. I just put this guide online, it's a little bit quick n' dirty so please excuse the lousy lighting and wrinkles.
Hit me with these five measurements and we can get most of the crucial dimensions.
The two things which are a little bit harder are body shaping and sleeve diameter.
If you wear our jackets and upper-body clothes fine then don't worry about the sleeve. We order a trim, tailored sleeve, but it's not skinny. If you don't wear our stuff and your upper arms are bigger than 16" or so, we'll get you a regular sleeve. You'll know if you need the regular sleeve though - most Styleforum-area clothing is going to be too tight on your arms.
The waist of the shirt can be adjusted for a bigger or a smaller drop. Most of the guys here wear our standard shirt drop just fine. If you've got a big to waist taper we can make it more aggressive. If you have some weight around the middle we can make it less so. Best way to determine this is to get two fit photos of you wearing the shirt from the front and side. And your normal jacket and waist size...
This is great info. I've tried Epaulet shirts on a few occasions without much success. The problem areas are always the upper arm and (to a lesser extent) the gut. Knowing that these two areas can be adjusted might make me finally give the MTO a try.post #51470 of 593173/3/16 at 11:55amQuote:
@Michigan Planner yup, we can do that. I'd need the order today and your fit pics by tomorrow afternoon - Individualized is really strict with their promo times.
The regular Individualized sleeve will have enough room. We did a fitting last week for Adele's personal trainer - the guy is an amateur bodybuilder and has pretty huge arms. Still a good fit on him in the bicep and armhole.
And the gut is no problem to dial in, we do that all of the time. I can calculate it with a clean pic from the side. If anything, we might err on the looser side for your first shirt, as it's very easy to have it taken in if need be.post #51471 of 593173/3/16 at 11:56ampost #51472 of 593173/3/16 at 12:01pmpost #51473 of 593173/3/16 at 12:02pmpost #51474 of 593173/3/16 at 12:12pmpost #51475 of 593173/3/16 at 12:40pmpost #51476 of 593173/3/16 at 1:13pmpost #51477 of 593173/3/16 at 1:18pmpost #51478 of 593173/3/16 at 1:33pmpost #51479 of 593173/3/16 at 1:33pmBeen out of touch for a little while, but I just saw on IG that today is the last day for the Individualized promotion. Got my eye on the newly added fabrics. I have one Individualized shirt I got from another SF user last year -- can I place an order today and make changes based off of his order tonight or tomorrow?post #51480 of 593173/3/16 at 2:07pmHuQuote:Originally Posted by ahjota
Been out of touch for a little while, but I just saw on IG that today is the last day for the Individualized promotion. Got my eye on the newly added fabrics. I have one Individualized shirt I got from another SF user last year -- can I place an order today and make changes based off of his order tonight or tomorrow?
Yessir - we just need the order by midnight and your sizing finalized by tomorrow afternoon
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 15 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › What wallet do you use? 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 27 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 39 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 52 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway