or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3408

post #51106 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

BTW, I found a reference pic for a Saffiano weekender bag. This is from Givenchy...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looks sleek yet indestructible.

Do you have any thoughts about a multifunction bag similar to what Don L posted?

I don't mean a copy, but something that might give some additional functionality to a weekender, a backpack, a MLC bag, or this ?

post #51107 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

BTW, I found a reference pic for a Saffiano weekender bag. This is from Givenchy...



That's the ticket, Mike. Looks good. Its a super tough leather which is what you want when traveling. A burgundy or forest green would be killer! Add some killer details to break up the expanse on a large weekender and you would have a winner.
post #51108 of 57685
Sorry but what's the need for a man bag? Besides if you travel perhaps?
post #51109 of 57685

travel or gym IMO

post #51110 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Sorry but what's the need for a man bag? Besides if you travel perhaps?

Holding my cash.

post #51111 of 57685
Good to hear about Rudy offering. I may be ready to graduate to them. Every day that I come home without the seat split in my Walts Rivets and Garrard is a miracle.
post #51112 of 57685

Please, please, Cramerton offerings in Rudy fit. Thanks!

post #51113 of 57685

Re: the weekender, it'd be nice to have something that comfortably holds a suit/suit jacket. I feel like mine always gets wrinkled when i have to throw it in my existing bag.

 

Alternatively...how do you all keep your suits from not getting too wrinkled when traveling?

post #51114 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillal View Post
 

Re: the weekender, it'd be nice to have something that comfortably holds a suit/suit jacket. I feel like mine always gets wrinkled when i have to throw it in my existing bag.

 

Alternatively...how do you all keep your suits from not getting too wrinkled when traveling?

I use this method in a wheeled carry-on and then hang promptly at my destination.

 

post #51115 of 57685
The Rudy army has spoken!
post #51116 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillal View Post
 

Re: the weekender, it'd be nice to have something that comfortably holds a suit/suit jacket. I feel like mine always gets wrinkled when i have to throw it in my existing bag.

 

Alternatively...how do you all keep your suits from not getting too wrinkled when traveling?

 

Wear it. But I never typically need more than a sportcoat when traveling, so it's easier. Pack the other stuff :).

 

So, if one were hypothetically deciding amongst khyber cloths to purchase 3 4 or so, and those khyber cloths were hypothetically to replace one's core S/S pant rotation, hypothetically which ones would you guys pick... hypothetically, of course.

post #51117 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post

 

So, if one were hypothetically deciding amongst khyber cloths to purchase 3 4 or so, and those khyber cloths were hypothetically to replace one's core S/S pant rotation, hypothetically which ones would you guys pick... hypothetically, of course.

Fatigue, Stone, Vanilla Bean, Petrol Blue.   Hypothetically. 

 

Nantucket Red is also cool, if you're a red pants kind of guy.  

post #51118 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillal View Post

Re: the weekender, it'd be nice to have something that comfortably holds a suit/suit jacket. I feel like mine always gets wrinkled when i have to throw it in my existing bag.

Alternatively...how do you all keep your suits from not getting too wrinkled when traveling?

I fly this airline. No wrinkles in my pants.

post #51119 of 57685
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Looks sleek yet indestructible.

Do you have any thoughts about a multifunction bag similar to what Don L posted?

I don't mean a copy, but something that might give some additional functionality to a weekender, a backpack, a MLC bag, or this ?

 

@bkotsko I'll see what they have made up at the factory. If we're working with one of their existing designs - either as-is or with very minimal changes, then we can knock it out quickly and with low minimums. If you guys like the design, we can do it as a preorder item with a very competitive price. I'll post up all of the options here.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post


That's the ticket, Mike. Looks good. Its a super tough leather which is what you want when traveling. A burgundy or forest green would be killer! Add some killer details to break up the expanse on a large weekender and you would have a winner.

 

@CHRK33 glad that you dig it! I know that the Saffiano leather options are a little bit limited, but I'm sure that they'll have some available skins in those other tones. 

 

Saffiano is actually pretty hard to get - only one place makes the really good stuff, and most of the higher end designer bags are done with their skins. The factory makes for a few women's brands so they have extra square footage in the basic colors. 

 

I looked into it for sneakers because it's honestly ass-kicking as a leather for them, but the minimums were enormous. We'd have to do something like 200 pairs in a single color. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Sorry but what's the need for a man bag? Besides if you travel perhaps?

 

@clarksdb haha, good question and I would honestly love to hear a lot of people's thoughts on this. 


Living in NYC, I have a bag with me at all times. These days I use the Epaulet backpack exclusively. I often have a notebook, at least one camera, and my Macbook in it. 

 

But while living in LA I really never used a bag. I mostly tossed things in a car or a light jacket. 

 

The weekender is a great shape and something that I've overlooked in the past. But I get why you guys like it - it's a great piece to travel with and a really nice bag to own. It's okay for a short flight but really nice for a car trip. And since we all love good leather here, it's a large piece that looks boss and wears in nicely. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post
 

 

Wear it. But I never typically need more than a sportcoat when traveling, so it's easier. Pack the other stuff :).

 

So, if one were hypothetically deciding amongst khyber cloths to purchase 3 4 or so, and those khyber cloths were hypothetically to replace one's core S/S pant rotation, hypothetically which ones would you guys pick... hypothetically, of course.

 

Khyber Cloth is an awesome fabric, and it's been a staple over at Hertling for nearly a decade. Top four colors that I'd advise: 

 

1) Olive

2) Khaki

3) Fatigue

4) Petrol

 

Can't go wrong with the first three, they're total basics. And Petrol is an awesome color. Normal enough that it's easy to match, but uncommon enough to stand out from the pack. 

post #51120 of 57685
Boys night out calls for rivet ripstops and Iron Wieners.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread