Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3406post #51077 of 586822/16/16 at 5:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
@mp906 you and me both! Thanks for the call-out.
You're entirely right that we're often sold out of our crucial stock items - especially Rivet Chinos. That's going to change. We're identifying a series of "Epaulet Basics" that we'll endeavor to keep in stock all of the time. We're going to reign in the amount of seasonal stock items a bit as well. Overall you'll see three directions going forward:
1) Robust basic items that fill a common and universal need. Things like white calf Tennis Trainers, Hopsack Walts, khaki Chinos, duck canvas field jackets, blue OCBD's. We'll look to put together a little editorial feature that shows how all these things jive together. And we'll expand upon the existing collection of these things, with a focus on opening price points.
2) Seasonal stock items from our major vendors and factories. We'll keep the stock levels under control and focus more on special things. These will be more exciting and fluctuate from lower to higher end. Here you'll see Gitman shirts, Hertling pants, Luigi Bianchi Jackets, new sneakers, Aldens, etc.
3) MTO items in every possible iteration. If you like our shirts, pants, or jackets - you can design your own from a much wider available selection of fabrics.
We've finally got some new stock merchandise too! On deck this week are three awesome Gitman Epaulet shirts and our new Cramerton Rivet Chinos. I'll beat you guys over the head about those in a day or so, but rest assured - they are freaking unstoppable. Cramerton cloth is the toughest khaki twill in town and it fades beautifully over time. Opening $135 price point too.
Are you going to carry more basic sneakers for women? Would love to see a slip on shape. I have trouble finding quality sneakers for the wife that are not 400+.post #51078 of 586822/16/16 at 5:11pmI wear a 32 in both rivets and walts and they fit great. Picked up my first driggs in the same size this week and they feel super baggy in the thighs and crotch--when I walk they bunch up in an unflattering way across my thighs.
Any chance there's an easy tailoring fix for this? These were from the sale section, so if not, anyone want khaki ducks in size 32?post #51079 of 586822/16/16 at 5:40pmpost #51080 of 586822/16/16 at 5:53pmQuote:
That's exciting! I'll keep an eye out. The black one already looked fantastic, maybe we'll see something cool like a burgundy one.post #51081 of 586822/16/16 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by malwear
I wear a 32 in both rivets and walts and they fit great. Picked up my first driggs in the same size this week and they feel super baggy in the thighs and crotch--when I walk they bunch up in an unflattering way across my thighs.
Any chance there's an easy tailoring fix for this? These were from the sale section, so if not, anyone want khaki ducks in size 32?
The 10oz duck sews up large. I warm washed and dried mine and try are much better. Still larger than my driggs donegal, but better.post #51082 of 586822/16/16 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Valextra is beautiful, but honestly, I couldn't tell you why it's so freaking expensive. They may have something going on that I can't see, but our guys are finishing bags with really fine leathers and a lot of precision. There may be something that we can't do, but it will be very close. Let's say that it will deliver much of the feeling of Valextra. We'd certainly be looking for that sleek European design.
Most Clegg bags that I've seen use really thick bridle leather and have a firm hand. Similar to the Croots bags that we ran. The idea for this line would be softer and finer - just a different vibe all around.
Great to know on the weekender bags. Honestly, do you guys use briefcases? Would you prefer a messenger more?
I use a messenger bag that converts to a briefcase. When a lot of people say they want a "messenger bag," what a lot of us mean is a briefcase with a detachable shoulder strap, not this kind of thing. If you can make the briefcase have hidden/detachable/removable clips for a removable shoulder strap, I think you'd get both bag constituencies. Also a lot of guys would appreciate it if the laptop sleeve, or any inner pocket in there, would fit a 15" laptop. Am I right to think that a lot of people still have 15" laptops, like I do? Apple is releasing a 15" MacBook Air next month, I believe, so you'll only see more of them out there.
All this being said, what I'm really interested in is the weekender bag. Love to see what comes up there! On both the weekender and the briefcase/messenger, what I'd personally love to see is some way I'm going to feel OK putting the thing on the floor of a subway/train/airport security line/airplane/bus or any other gross place possible. Traveling and commuting can involve putting your bag down on gross surfaces. If there can be a version of the bag with a tough leather bottom -- say, brown kangaroo? -- then so much the better. I imagine that'd also give the bag more structure overall.
Also Mike I'm psyched to hear about the return of Cramerton cloth as a rivet chino! Such an amazing fabric. Is it only in khaki, or can I hope for gray/forest green/mocha brown?post #51083 of 586822/16/16 at 7:14pmpost #51084 of 586822/16/16 at 7:51pmpost #51085 of 586822/16/16 at 8:18pmpost #51086 of 586822/16/16 at 8:27pmpost #51087 of 586822/16/16 at 8:56pmpost #51088 of 586822/16/16 at 8:59pmpost #51089 of 586822/16/16 at 9:01pmpost #51090 of 586822/16/16 at 9:17pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Sole Welting 49 seconds ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Paris under attack again 5 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...