or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3401

post #51001 of 58784
Are there any other linens made in Germany like end 98 in this current EFF?
post #51002 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

To those who have received your EFF Suits/Jackets from Southwick already - did you receive shipping confirmation / tracking first, or did the box just arrive at your door?

I received UPS email that I had a package shipping. No epaulet shipping notice that I recall. I think because both suits were shipped directly from Southwick.

post #51003 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

First wear of first Walts. Stony Beach Donegal EFF.  Love the fit, this won't be the last pair.

 

Impeccable. Love that jacket too.

post #51004 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post



Forest Heirloom getting the runout tonight

I wish I had ordered a forest heirloom this past round. Great color. That shirt pairs well - what is it?

post #51005 of 58784

Casual Saturday. Epaulet Teak Shell Cordovan Tennis Trainer.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #51006 of 58784

Now that the backpacks have launched, is there an ETA on when the other leather goods - the weekender and the messenger/briefcase in particular - will go live?

post #51007 of 58784
Restocking low trainers anytime soon?
post #51008 of 58784

I picked up the End 98, natural indigo linen. It looks like a killer fabric, though, like a few others, I'm concerned about how heavy they'll actually be. In the past, I've bought a couple 100% linen shirts to beat the summer heat only to discover they were a trap..

Now I'm really very intrigued by the nantucket red corduroy.. I do not own any red pants.. Am I that guy? Am I? I don't know.... 

post #51009 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

I wish I had ordered a forest heirloom this past round. Great color. That shirt pairs well - what is it?

Thanks - it's actually a Wolf vs. Goat blue/white stripe OCBD.
post #51010 of 58784
@Epaulet any videos of this top one? Looks pretty killer, but I'm curious if it might stand out a little too much

post #51011 of 58784

Hey Mike and Gents, 

 

Do you guys recommend reversing chup socks before washing? 

post #51012 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

Hey Mike and Gents, 

 

Do you guys recommend reversing chup socks before washing? 

I wash my socks in a laundry/underwear bag and I reverse them just in case. My anonymousism and chup socks seem to suffer from less pilling this way.

post #51013 of 58784

Cassat heirloom
Navy duck canvas driggs
Epaulet Alden Ptb
Chup socks (not seen)
Sorry for the lighting
post #51014 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post

Mike

I just ordered a few pairs of EFF Rivets. Do I have time to change any sizing details before the order goes in?

Thanks

On edit: I'm guessing Feb 19th when the event closes, eh?

 

@metranger8694 yup, we can change the fit and design details before then, just not the fabrics

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherifEnt View Post

Are there any other linens made in Germany like end 98 in this current EFF?

 

@SherifEnt that's the only one for this round, and actually one of the only German linens that I've ever seen. I was pretty surprised to see that. The other linens are all from Italy. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post
 

Impeccable. Love that jacket too.

 

agreed @dalevy - the fit is boss

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Casual Saturday. Epaulet Teak Shell Cordovan Tennis Trainer.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

 

@mdubs those look absolutely perfect! 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post

Restocking low trainers anytime soon?

 

@scrolls some of them: which leather are you looking at? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post

@Epaulet any videos of this top one? Looks pretty killer, but I'm curious if it might stand out a little too much

 

@Wooderson not at the moment, but I'm due to visit Hertling this week, and that's a great suggestion. I'll definitely shoot videos of the plaids - they go a long way towards showing the full scale. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

Hey Mike and Gents, 

 

Do you guys recommend reversing chup socks before washing? 

 

@JezeC I never have. CHUP socks are the toughest socks that I've ever owned. I'm not sure what you can do to harm them. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherifEnt View Post


Cassat heirloom
Navy duck canvas driggs
Epaulet Alden Ptb
Chup socks (not seen)
Sorry for the lighting

 

@SherifEnt Really sharp! That Cassat sweater is an awesome pop of color 

post #51015 of 58784
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxo View Post
 

I picked up the End 98, natural indigo linen. It looks like a killer fabric, though, like a few others, I'm concerned about how heavy they'll actually be. In the past, I've bought a couple 100% linen shirts to beat the summer heat only to discover they were a trap..

Now I'm really very intrigued by the nantucket red corduroy.. I do not own any red pants.. Am I that guy? Am I? I don't know.... 

 

@loxo nice, you're going to love that! Don't let the weight concern you, the fabric is very low-tension and open. Having a heavier weight of linen on a jacket or trouser is desirable because it makes the garment drape better. 

 

The Nantucket Red cord is pretty freaking rad. Most dudes are either red pants-guys or not, but since you're interested in becoming one.. you may be one already. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
 

Now that the backpacks have launched, is there an ETA on when the other leather goods - the weekender and the messenger/briefcase in particular - will go live?

 

@Duke Silver

 

Thanks for asking this, I was meaning to run this by you guys. I'm headed to Portugal next week and I've got two leather-goods manufacturers on my list. 

 

I can make briefcases and weekenders that are straight-up world class at a killer price. We'd be looking at something like $450 on a briefcase and $500 on a weekender. Really great leather, flawless construction, and European manufacturing. 


The thing that I'm struggling with: does anyone care? The problem with mens bags is that most men are very conservative with how they buy them. They'll buy a tiny fraction of what women will, and many of them will gravitate towards an actual bag brand. We can absolutely put out a superior product to a similarly priced item made in Asia, but it's hard to compete against a brand that only does bags. They just look more serious about it, and many customers will tend to trust them. 


So I'm a bit torn. The backpack is great because it's unisex, and we've sold quite a few of them to women. We've sold a LOT of Stevie bags, and I'm absolutely making more women's designs. But I've had a pretty mediocre track record of making men's leather goods to date. Except for belts - we're always killing it with belts. 


Given the pricepoint, would briefcases & weekenders be something that you guys are interested in? Are there other items that you'd rather see? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread