or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3398

post #50956 of 57683

luxe charcoal herringbone and natural indigo linen in the cart. That seems like it should cover a lot of bases

post #50957 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

 

Let me know what you guys think of the videos. We're re-doing quite a bit of the new website and I'm thinking about integrating a section for vimeo into every product detail. It's pretty easy to shoot them. I'm able to offer personal thoughts and notes here, but routine visitors to the site never really see that. So I'm thinking that this can be a good way to get our personality apart and show off details that you can't capture in still photography. But we don't really have the capacity to make the videos very polished or edited. 

 

I really liked the videos. Particularly helpful with patterned/textured fabrics to show scale. The watch helps a lot, but seeing it from some distance--on a human scale, and with a much larger swatch--is really nice too. Also gives a great idea of how soft/flexible it will be.

post #50958 of 57683

Hey epaulet, I sent an email, but I'll ask on here. I love some of the khyber cloth fabrics you have for the walts and was wanting to pick up a couple, but bought an existing pair of your RTW cotton walts to verify my fit first (as I've only bought rivets).

 

What are the changes they're still in stock by the time I get a chance to try them on and place an order?

post #50959 of 57683

On this particular fabric, would it be possible to have a tailor remove the cargo pockets later on, without leaving visible evidence of their presence, or damaging the fabric?

Next--I'd personally like to see the pockets a little higher up on the thigh. Maybe starting at, or an inch below fingertips.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

post #50960 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post
 

I really liked the videos. Particularly helpful with patterned/textured fabrics to show scale. The watch helps a lot, but seeing it from some distance--on a human scale, and with a much larger swatch--is really nice too. Also gives a great idea of how soft/flexible it will be.

 

I too loved the videos.  And feel like @FrankCowperwood; sitting in my office thinking, if someone walks in and sees me smiling at a video about fabric, I'll never live this one down...

post #50961 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post


I'm at...like... a 27" inseam so the pockets going to be at my ankle.

Mike -- do they place the pocket relative to the inseam requested?
post #50962 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

luxe charcoal herringbone and natural indigo linen in the cart. That seems like it should cover a lot of bases

 

@Epaulet ace choices right there - that's what I'd pick for you. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanon View Post
 

I really liked the videos. Particularly helpful with patterned/textured fabrics to show scale. The watch helps a lot, but seeing it from some distance--on a human scale, and with a much larger swatch--is really nice too. Also gives a great idea of how soft/flexible it will be.

 

@kwanon excellent! We're going to go forward with that, especially with Individualized swatches from now on. I'll probably do it with footwear too. I'll try to work out some kind of standard way of shooting, maybe with very low background music. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post
 

Hey epaulet, I sent an email, but I'll ask on here. I love some of the khyber cloth fabrics you have for the walts and was wanting to pick up a couple, but bought an existing pair of your RTW cotton walts to verify my fit first (as I've only bought rivets).

 

What are the changes they're still in stock by the time I get a chance to try them on and place an order?

 

@novaeagle that'll be no problem at all, I think that we'll have every color of Khyber Cloth throughout the full season. It's really just the pure linens and REDA Hopsacks that will probably run out sooner than later. The factory is conservative with how they stock linen and REDA has a huge six-month reorder window. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post


I'm at...like... a 27" inseam so the pockets going to be at my ankle.

Mike -- do they place the pocket relative to the inseam requested?

 

@Todd V yes, for a 27" inseam they would scale their placement of the cargo. 

post #50963 of 57683
@Epaulet

What mid to light grey (not too light) wool trouser MTO spring fabrics would you recommend for Taylor cut?

I am going to go with the REDA charcoal most likely and need a lighter grey for a 2nd trouser..
post #50964 of 57683

Will the Fresco fabrics be making a return for MTO?  Really want a pair of Taylors in a Brown Fresco.

post #50965 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

@Epaulet

What mid to light grey (not too light) wool trouser MTO spring fabrics would you recommend for Taylor cut?

I am going to go with the REDA charcoal most likely and need a lighter grey for a 2nd trouser..


I think that grey broken pinstripe would make a really nice choice. The corduroy flannel looks pretty bonkers but not sure if thats too dark a shade for you?

post #50966 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradp View Post
 

I'm glad to hear these are rolling out as well, since I ordered a cord suit and would love the chance to wear it a few times before spring hits.

I'm willing to bet that is going to turn out awesome. If I had seen the cord and thought clearly I would have ordered one too.

post #50967 of 57683
Loden Walts in action. So warm, so soft.


post #50968 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

If you go to the Fed Ex website, there's link in the left column to "Access FedEx Delivery Manager." One of the options is "Hold at Fed Ex Location," which gives you a list of available locations. I'm not sure how it works elsewhere, but when I do this, the package is always there by 10:00 AM.

+1. And some stores are open pretty late. I've started to do this regularly since the distribution center is a long drive but I can have my packages held at a store that is 5 min from me and that is open until around 10pm I believe. The distribution center closes I think around 6pm.

post #50969 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

+1. And some stores are open pretty late. I've started to do this regularly since the distribution center is a long drive but I can have my packages held at a store that is 5 min from me and that is open until around 10pm I believe. The distribution center closes I think around 6pm.
I do this to preserve my marriage.
post #50970 of 57683
To those who have received your EFF Suits/Jackets from Southwick already - did you receive shipping confirmation / tracking first, or did the box just arrive at your door?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread