Highly considering getting those as well
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3397post #50942 of 598172/11/16 at 3:17pm
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Crucial Dark Camel Cashmere yet, it looks like a steal at that price. I ordered it with cargo pockets, i really think it will be a pleasure to wear !
I have to say all fabrics looks fabulous, especially this first time seen wool corduroy, the Gold Herringbone Flannel or the Java Seed Stitch, i wish i could have 3 piece suits of all those fabrics !post #50943 of 598172/11/16 at 3:35pmpost #50944 of 598172/11/16 at 3:39pmpost #50945 of 598172/11/16 at 3:56pmpost #50946 of 598172/11/16 at 4:02pm
Question on the high wasted trousers? Where should they hit or where do people like them to hit? If I'm reading the sizing guidance correctly, it's 2.5 inches higher in rise than the Walt? That would probably be above the belly button and maybe above or right at the button of jackets. Does that sound about right?post #50947 of 598172/11/16 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by dalevy
Question on the high wasted trousers? Where should they hit or where do people like them to hit? If I'm reading the sizing guidance correctly, it's 2.5 inches higher in rise than the Walt? That would probably be above the belly button and maybe above or right at the button of jackets. Does that sound about right?
Albeit, I have not tried Epaulet's high-waisted trousers yet, but I have 2 suits with high-waisted trousers that I wear with suspenders and that is exactly where I wear mine; right at the belly-button level.post #50948 of 598172/11/16 at 5:04pmpost #50949 of 598172/11/16 at 5:04pmQuote:Wearin the Gables as I type this- waistband is right across the navel. Taylor would hit a little bit lower. Gables are just below the buttoning point of most modern jackets for me- creates a great lookOriginally Posted by dalevy
Question on the high wasted trousers? Where should they hit or where do people like them to hit? If I'm reading the sizing guidance correctly, it's 2.5 inches higher in rise than the Walt? That would probably be above the belly button and maybe above or right at the button of jackets. Does that sound about right?post #50950 of 598172/11/16 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
@Duke Silver sure, we can do that. Either a 7" (Match Short) or 9" (Walt Short) Inseam. You can choose the waist details as you like. It would be $15 less than the trouser price. Probably best to order through the site and email us right afterwards. We'll then refund you the $15 and confirm things.
Plug for the Walt short. I have two and they're insanely comfortable. It's a great way to wear a bold or patterned fabric (mine are white/gray seersucker and japanese camo twill).Quote:
"But you know that when the sale is sold / You can get what you want or you can just get old"post #50951 of 598172/11/16 at 5:25pm
@Epaulet Mike, actual questions: the linen fabrics look incredible, but I'm wondering about how they'll wear in the summer in a shape as slim as the rivet chino.
One query: End 48, Streaky & Slubby Blue Linen, the pic says 100% linen, but the dropdown says linen/cotton. I'm wondering which is correct, and how cooling you think it would be in the NYC summer heat. I have another cotton-linen RC from another EFF and the fabric is actually quite heavy (though awesome).
In particular, compared to End 98 Supreme Natural Indigo Linen, or End 41 Blue Steel Slubby Pure Linen, which do you think would be best for dealing with the heat? Obviously linen has a reputation of being lightweight and gossamer etc, but in my experience some linens can trap sweat in a slim shape like the RC, so though the fabrics all look amazing I'm thinking hard about them in comparison to, say, the Blue Oxford Cloth in the cottons section, or a linen/cotton-linen Walt or Driggs MTO. Thanks!post #50952 of 598172/11/16 at 5:35pmpost #50953 of 598172/11/16 at 8:45pmpost #50954 of 598172/11/16 at 8:58pm
Apologies if this is a question answered earlier in this extensive thread, but does anyone have an opinion on current Walt sizing vs. either the pre May 2015 rivets or current sizing dimensions of the rivets? Looks from the measurements that a 34 in the current fit would be best, but just was curious if anyone who normally takes a 34 in walts has a different size opinion.post #50955 of 598172/12/16 at 6:58am
You're going to love them! @edubs01Quote:
@litos man, that fabric went fast - 24 units yesterday. It's fantastic and totally wearable as a casual pant. You could match it with sneakers and a t-shirt without a problem.Quote:
@Faster yeah, they really brought out the big guns for this round. We've still got a bit of that Luxe Charcoal Herringbone fabric. If you guys need a great staple flannel trouser, than that's the ticket.Quote:
@loxo sure is! Just drop me an email after you place your order.
If you buy the Gable or Taylor, it will come with the suspender buttons regardless.Quote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
Can you describe the difference between Fields of Gold and the Dusty Saffron fabric offered last fall?
Sure thing. The main difference is that Saffron Donegal was an English Tweed and Fields of Gold is an Italian Flannel. Fields of Gold has a much softer hand and is a bit lighter weight.
I'd also say that Fields of Gold is an easier color to match. It's a very saturated khaki with a golden tone, but it's as versatile as a standard khaki tone. Saffron was actually pretty yellow. That made it rad - as where can you find a tweed like that? - but it was a little unusual too.
All of these Rivet Chino wool fabrics are very soft. That factory tends to go for lighter weight and softer yarns than Hertling. Which is also great for a place like SF - where temperatures are routinely cool but not really cold.
@Mr. Six yes, it's in between the Khaki Canvas and a British Khaki. I actually shot a video of it which I'll post up later this afternoon. We're going to build out a whole Medium.com page which shows all of the fabrics that we profiled. We were able to shoot videos of most of them.
Let me know what you guys think of the videos. We're re-doing quite a bit of the new website and I'm thinking about integrating a section for vimeo into every product detail. It's pretty easy to shoot them. I'm able to offer personal thoughts and notes here, but routine visitors to the site never really see that. So I'm thinking that this can be a good way to get our personality apart and show off details that you can't capture in still photography. But we don't really have the capacity to make the videos very polished or edited.Quote:Originally Posted by lebison
Apologies if this is a question answered earlier in this extensive thread, but does anyone have an opinion on current Walt sizing vs. either the pre May 2015 rivets or current sizing dimensions of the rivets? Looks from the measurements that a 34 in the current fit would be best, but just was curious if anyone who normally takes a 34 in walts has a different size opinion.
@lebison yup, I'd advise going with a 34 Rivet Current fit if you take a 34 Walt. We sell guys the same size in both shapes all of the time.
If the Walt 34 is really tight on you (like you're nearly a 35) then I'd advise sizing up to a 35 if you order a linen. Otherwise go for the same size. The Rivet has a more articulated shape and an unlined waist band, so it actually fits a little easier than the Walt.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Lazio Fit Advice 19 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 20 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...