or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3345

post #50161 of 57859

apologies if this has been beat to death hundreds of posts back in the thread —

 

if you have an SW tailor spec on file is that an option, or are these EFFs delivering in strict OTR measurements only?

post #50162 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post

I have a very sportcoat in a similar fabric.  Some not-so-good pics in daylight:

Thanks man just bought last night!





post #50163 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartoria vacua View Post
 

apologies if this has been beat to death hundreds of posts back in the thread —

 

if you have an SW tailor spec on file is that an option, or are these EFFs delivering in strict OTR measurements only?

 

@sartoria vacua Yes and no. If you've ordered a Southwick jacket before (Southwick specifically, not through Brooks Brothers) then you can send me a picture of the interior tag and we can remake that model. Or we can work off of the measurements on the sheet delivered with the jacket. 

 

We cannot work off of standard tailoring measurements though. And if you go to a retailer that offers Southwick, I'd prefer that you buy it from them. It's a long process to measure a new client, and I don't want to take away anyone's business. The promo fabrics are our exclusive until the end of January, but provided they are left after our orders close, you can absolutely order it through a local shop after Feb 1st. I can't promise that they would match our price, but I imagine they'd still sell it at some kind of discount. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

Hey Mike does 8 track Umber tweed have kind of an olive base?

Yup, I'd say so. It will make up into a freaking epic jacket. It's definitely got a strong 70s vibe to it, but that's a direction that a lot of the custom fabrics for Fall 16 are taking. This is an older end which is now oddly back in style. The orange and goldenrod tones really pop on it. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theh00d View Post

Tried to go to a showroom to see if they had the loro piana fabric luxe sporting check, they had a similar pattern but not the color. Is it close to this?

 

It's going to be in the same family. Here's a big pic of it: 

 

 

I have no idea how hold this fabric is - we only knew that it was Loro Piana and Super 130s from the selvedge line. The fabric number tells us it was from a Brooks Brothers custom box. 

 

I can tell that that it's freaking beautiful. Getting a sportcoat in that cloth at $575 is an outrageous deal. Whoever picks that up is going to be very happy with the result. It's lighter than the usual flannel or tweed, so it will make up nicely for guys in warmer climates. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post
 

Went with the Glaswegian -- the first to catch my eye and one that looks to be pretty versatile.  Having it made up somewhat casually, with patch pockets, 3-roll-2, and side vents.  Still need to nail down the sizing specifics, and I'm still wondering if matching pants would be too much or not, but I'm leaning toward the former.

 

It was hard to resist the Steel and Sky full suit option, though; that would be amazing. 

 

Glaswegian is a real standout - we've sold a lot of it. Harris Tweed is often hard to find in small patterns like that, so it really stands out from the crowd. 

 

It's going to be seriously bold as a suit. I could see guys pulling it off in a Japanese-Engineered Garments-Free N' Easy kind of way. It does make for an awesome pant though on its own. I'd personally buy this as a suit in order to get the pant, but I probably wouldn't wear them together. 

post #50164 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
 

 

Glaswegian is a real standout - we've sold a lot of it. Harris Tweed is often hard to find in small patterns like that, so it really stands out from the crowd. 

 

It's going to be seriously bold as a suit. I could see guys pulling it off in a Japanese-Engineered Garments-Free N' Easy kind of way. It does make for an awesome pant though on its own. I'd personally buy this as a suit in order to get the pant, but I probably wouldn't wear them together. 

why you gotta do that to me?? damn...

post #50165 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

why you gotta do that to me?? damn...

 

@rydenfan gotta say, this fabric or Raiders Herringbone is probably your jam. 

 

Actually, found some shots of it made up - we ran this as a stock sportcoat a few years back: 

 

post #50166 of 57859

the more I look at that Raiders Herringbone, the more I really like it. Full suit there for sure as it would make a rad pair of pants

post #50167 of 57859
@Epaulet
Hey Mike, check your iG inbox when you have some time satisfied.gif
post #50168 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

the more I look at that Raiders Herringbone, the more I really like it. Full suit there for sure as it would make a rad pair of pants

 

Dude.......

post #50169 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

@sartoria vacua
 Yes and no. If you've ordered a Southwick jacket before (Southwick specifically, not through Brooks Brothers) then you can send me a picture of the interior tag and we can remake that model. Or we can work off of the measurements on the sheet delivered with the jacket. 

We cannot work off of standard tailoring measurements though. And if you go to a retailer that offers Southwick, I'd prefer that you buy it from them. It's a long process to measure a new client, and I don't want to take away anyone's business. The promo fabrics are our exclusive until the end of January, but provided they are left after our orders close, you can absolutely order it through a local shop after Feb 1st. I can't promise that they would match our price, but I imagine they'd still sell it at some kind of discount. 
Yup, I'd say so. It will make up into a freaking epic jacket. It's definitely got a strong 70s vibe to it, but that's a direction that a lot of the custom fabrics for Fall 16 are taking. This is an older end which is now oddly back in style. The orange and goldenrod tones really pop on it. 






It's going to be in the same family. Here's a big pic of it: 

i am confused if i come to the store and get measured the jacket can be made to my specs?




I have no idea how hold this fabric is - we only knew that it was Loro Piana and Super 130s from the selvedge line. The fabric number tells us it was from a Brooks Brothers custom box. 

I can tell that that it's freaking beautiful. Getting a sportcoat in that cloth at $575 is an outrageous deal. Whoever picks that up is going to be very happy with the result. It's lighter than the usual flannel or tweed, so it will make up nicely for guys in warmer climates. 

Glaswegian is a real standout - we've sold a lot of it. Harris Tweed is often hard to find in small patterns like that, so it really stands out from the crowd. 

It's going to be seriously bold as a suit. I could see guys pulling it off in a Japanese-Engineered Garments-Free N' Easy kind of way. It does make for an awesome pant though on its own. I'd personally buy this as a suit in order to get the pant, but I probably wouldn't wear them together. 
post #50170 of 57859
mike i am confused if i come to the store and get measured the jacket can be made to my specs?
post #50171 of 57859
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post

mike i am confused if i come to the store and get measured the jacket can be made to my specs?

 

@rick It depends on your size - we have samples at the LES store going from 36 to 44. If you're outside of that range, then the best thing to do is bring a Sportcoat that already fits you well, and we can try to find a Southwick shape that speaks to it. We've certainly done that plenty of times before, and it works quite well. 

It's just the difference between Made to Order (working with existing shapes, changing just size and length) or Made to Measure (dialing in to your exact measurements, drop, shoulder, armhole, etc). This promo event is Made to Order. 
post #50172 of 57859

hey mike i am interested in a new business appropriate blue suit. i am looking at midnight seed stitch and navy cavalry twill and was wondering how "navy" they are. 

 

I am looking not for a true navy but maybe a shade or two lighter than that but still work/interview appropriate. 

post #50173 of 57859
@Mike sorry to keep bugging you. Southwick still have this fabric, I'd be all over it. I think videos of the one offs will help get a better larger picture of the fabric too.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #50174 of 57859
I believe I have a topcoat that I got from a local store a few years ago in the same fabric as the "Glasswegian". Maybe I'll have to go for the matching suit? satisfied.gif


Sorry for the crappy, heavily filtered photo. Now I'm anxious to go home and check the material more closely to see if it's the same.
post #50175 of 57859

@Epaulet, Re: Chocolate Bar Windowpane, does medium weight translate to of a Fall/Spring weight?  Also, would you say the fabric has any texture?  Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread