Notes for Southwick Tomorrow
Okay, we've got a solid layout for everything tomorrow. We spent a few hours in the warehouse and worked everything out with the Southwick team. Here's some bullet points:
1) This is an EPIC sale. I've mentioned before that Southwick moved factories - it's a process that took nearly a year. They're still leasing the old factory, and it has a ton of awesome fabric in it. We have full and open access to it. There's stuff in there that is seriously awesome and old school. This is not only the most expansive project that we've offered, but it will probably be the largest one that we can ever do. Think of it as a bit of a "moving sale."
2) Prices are set at $575 for a jacket and $795 for a 2-piece suit. That will hold for all fabrics, with one exception - a Harris Tweed 2-piece suit will be $825 because we'll deliver the trouser fully lined.
3) Delivery in 4-6 weeks. Everything will run through the MTO line, so it's much faster than previous projects like this. And you will be shipped direct from the factory (except for International guys)
4) Our fabrics are insane. There's a lot to choose from, but I can tell that you sourced a ton of Harris Tweed, lots of versatile dressy items (Pearl Grey flannel, hopsack, medium grey Super 150s, Moleskin) great checks and plaids. There's even an extra-thick 100% cashmere that you could use for the MOST bonkers suit of all time. Same price!
5) We'll have the fabrics separated into several categories. Many of them will have enough cloth for about 3-10 suits. A few of them more than that. And a whole slew of them are true Ends with enough for only one jacket or one suit. When you order the fabrics with more availability you will go through the whole process of choosing your details at the point of buying them. For the Ends, you'll just check out with the fabric and then we'll work out your details later.
As the Ends are all one-offs, I think that this is necessary to keep things organized. Its a process to choose all of your MTO details, and I don't want something to sell out while another customer is working out their details. This way the Ends category can move quickly.
6) Sales are final. Once you've committed to a fabric, it's claimed for you and cannot be changed or canceled. We'll wait 3 days to submit your order just in case you want to make any changes to sizing or details on it. We'll be happy to help anyone to find out their sizing if they're new to our Epaulet & Southwick suiting. So if you see a fabric that you love, you can buy it and work out your sizing after the fact.
7) I've mentioned this Harris Tweed MTO suit thing for $825, right? With a Harris Tweed pant? This is abso-freaking-lutely insane if you live somewhere cold. You'll love it!
8) We can take requests and answer questions on the fly. We'll be online here all day.