Laughing right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3320post #49786 of 594201/5/16 at 7:42pmpost #49787 of 594201/5/16 at 7:43pmpost #49788 of 594201/5/16 at 7:57pmQuote:
Ironside cheerleader here: I'm not sure if they're salt resistant, but I feel like they could stop a bullet. They're just tough looking and will look better with wear.post #49789 of 594201/5/16 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
Schott Car Coat Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That jacket is unfair good!Quote:
Give in! I have zero issues with salt from last winter. Haven't had much of a winter yet this year.
The reverse chamois cleans up so easily. A stiff bristle brush and some Neatsfoot is all you need to be new again. I just happen to choose not to clean mine.post #49790 of 594201/5/16 at 8:38pmQuote:
@eljlakers glad to hear that you're enjoying them so much!Quote:
@FrankCowperwood haha, why didn't I think of that name! That's brilliant.Quote:
@FrankCowperwood ahhh, so you got one of the "raspberry pairs." We got to the bottom of that. Like Chromexcel, the exact color tones of FQH tends to vary from skin to skin. When the factory received the leather, some skins were darker than the others. The majority of the sneakers were finished in one batch, and the lighter ones were simply conditioned and burnished to a similar shade as the darker ones. A few units were finished in a second batch, and that finishing group left them "naked."
I think that they look pretty rad in that bright color, but if you want to darken them, just rub a bunch of conditioner or Renovateur into the skin. You'll see it darken to about the same tone as @bkotsko 's trainers. They'll darken with wear on their own regardless.Quote:
@PartagasIV this is just freaking phenomenal - no spoiler needed there!Quote:
@tricky I wouldn't say that they're particularly resistant, but you can brush the hell out of these when cleaning them and the leather is dark and tough. You can use a strong cleaner on them. So if you get any salt stains, they should be very easy to get out. Way more so than a calfskin shoe that you have to clean and brush gently.
@lifeinabox - really sharp! Great tone on that shirtpost #49791 of 594201/5/16 at 8:43pm
Luigi Bianchi MTO's
Got two MTO's in today. First off - this beautiful multi tattersall:
And we ran out out of light for photography but @toddv has an absolutely gorgeous Barberis navy flannel suit coming his way! It made up so killer. Really keen to hear your thoughts on the trouser fit. We ended up doing three custom suits with that promo run, and the Luigi trouser was a bit of a project for us. We measured out the Walt and then worked to translate that into a Luigi-made trouser, using their MTM setup. It looked great according to my measurements, but the ultimate fit is what counts. If we nailed it, then it's very easy for us to offer full suiting right inside our online items.post #49792 of 594201/6/16 at 3:49ampost #49793 of 594201/6/16 at 4:24ampost #49794 of 594201/6/16 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
Luigi Bianchi MTO's
And we ran out out of light for photography but @toddv
has an absolutely gorgeous Barberis navy flannel suit coming his way! It made up so killer. Really keen to hear your thoughts on the trouser fit. We ended up doing three custom suits with that promo run, and the Luigi trouser was a bit of a project for us. We measured out the Walt and then worked to translate that into a Luigi-made trouser, using their MTM setup. It looked great according to my measurements, but the ultimate fit is what counts. If we nailed it, then it's very easy for us to offer full suiting right inside our online items.post #49795 of 594201/6/16 at 6:21ampost #49796 of 594201/6/16 at 6:54ampost #49797 of 594201/6/16 at 7:52ampost #49798 of 594201/6/16 at 7:55ampost #49799 of 594201/6/16 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
thanks so much - I think that you're really going to dig them!
I owe you guys a proper post on the Combat Boots - we'll do a more detailed writeup and show some new photos next week. But it's a really exciting product for us. We sold nearly a dozen pairs of them in our stores this weekend, which is a great number for just in-shop sales. It was very cool to see guys coming in, trying them on, and falling in love with them.
It's a very cool product, and it's pretty distinct from anything that we've done before. The shape is really minimal, it's easy to dress up or down, the price is right, and it's comfortable right out of the box. The zipper is a rad detail and a very useful one. We'll absolutely incorporate more of these into our collection down the road.
I'm actually thinking of making a rad Spring version of this - maybe a polo suede version with brass eyes and a lighter edge trim? Could do a bright brass interior zipper on it too. Actually that sounds really dope! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
should be shipping out before 1/15. The factory reopens tomorrow from their holiday and they're going to start assembling everything pronto.
thank you sir!
very sharp - the Wilshire is a great fit for you guys!
amazing! Great photos and glad that they ultimately made their way to you safely!
haha yeah, that jacket is not taking any prisoners. Supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow, so it's going to come in handy very soon.
Thanks for the writeup Steve, I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with the jacket! It's a perfect fit on you.
How about an unfinished HH version of the combat boots?post #49800 of 594201/6/16 at 8:38am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 15 seconds ago
- › Am I chasing a Unicorn? Slimfit jeans that sit on or above the waist? 41 seconds ago
- › Drop John Lobb Barros UK 8.5 E 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...