or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 329

post #4921 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.T. View Post
Hey Mike if I'm a 31 waist would I get a 30 or 32 in the rudy's trousers just curious?

size 30 actually has a 31" waist, so you should go with that.
post #4922 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by homefloyd View Post
Nvm, there is a 28, is the double faced wool pretty heavy? I'm in Phoenix so heavy wool trousers aren't really ideal.
\\

The doublefaced wool is pretty sturdy. It's a true Fall-weight trouser - not quite winter-weight like the heavier flannels and moleskins. I'd say that you could comfortably wear it in temps around 65 and below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent View Post
Tried asking in the jeans thread, no one wanted to respond. Figured I'd try hear.

How does Epaulet jeans compare to RRL? Are they completely different animals? Sorry for a possibly noob question, still learning. Still don't want to make the jump to $300 denim.

Hmm, I'm not personally familiar with RRL jeans, so I can't really compare them. I can only say that if you like the minimal raw indigo look of the Smith jean, and the fit works for you, then I'm confident that it's one of the best - if not the best - jeans (in terms of construction and fabric quality) at this price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post
The Utility Shirt feels great. I know the cut is more relaxed and even a half inch wider at the chest, but unwashed it already fits my shoulders and chest really well compared to previous shirts from you guys in the same size. The hickory stripe details are really nice btw, I just wish women could appreciate the same details on my jeans w/o needing to take off my pants :P

Here's a fit pic. Shirt is XS, and Smiths are 28. I'm about 5'6" 135lbs.

PS. I braved the city and the con with my short sleeve today. It was perfect for San Francisco's beautiful weather earlier. I can't wait till some new colors drops. I'd kill for a white/black madras. Seriously. I watched Super before WonderCon today and I feel like I could bash in a couple heads with a wrench if it'll get me that shirt

Fantastic, really glad that you're pleased with it! And thanks for posting the pic - the fit on you is great. The Utility shirts are all pre-washed, so you shouldn't expect any shrinkage or change at all provided you hang dry it.

And glad to hear that you rocked shit hard at WonderCon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.T. View Post
Hey Mike if I'm a 31 waist would I get a 30 or 32 in the rudy's trousers just curious?

Hmm. The physical measurement of our 30 pants is 31" at the waist, but most trousers which are tagged size 31 will be the same.

If you're a true 31, then I'd recommend a 30 in the cottons and thicker wools. I'd go with a 32 in the lighter weight Super 120's. Either way, it's easy to get the waist adjusted in or out to perfectly dial in a fit.
post #4923 of 57692
yeah nineohtoo that chambray looks great ... might have to kop
post #4924 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post
The Utility Shirt feels great. I know the cut is more relaxed and even a half inch wider at the chest, but unwashed it already fits my shoulders and chest really well compared to previous shirts from you guys in the same size. The hickory stripe details are really nice btw, I just wish women could appreciate the same details on my jeans w/o needing to take off my pants :P

Here's a fit pic. Shirt is XS, and Smiths are 28. I'm about 5'6" 135lbs.



PS. I braved the city and the con with my short sleeve today. It was perfect for San Francisco's beautiful weather earlier. I can't wait till some new colors drops. I'd kill for a white/black madras. Seriously. I watched Super before WonderCon today and I feel like I could bash in a couple heads with a wrench if it'll get me that shirt

Can you measure shirt, shoulders?
I received my medium and it's 16" across the shoulders seam to seam, quite different than the 18" quoted on the site.
post #4925 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
Can you measure shirt, shoulders?
I received my medium and it's 16" across the shoulders seam to seam, quite different than the 18" quoted on the site.

I have that exact problem. Mike says that with the way the sleeves are attached, it's more accurate to measure from physical edge as opposed to seams.
post #4926 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPatterson View Post
I have that exact problem. Mike says that with the way the sleeves are attached, it's more accurate to measure from physical edge as opposed to seams.

Does this apply their other shirts also?

I was going to put an order in for their Oxford, but now don't know what size to get...
post #4927 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post
Does this apply their other shirts also?

I was going to put an order in for their Oxford, but now don't know what size to get...

Doesn't apply to any of the other 3 Epaulet shirts I own. I don't have the extensive collection that some others do on here so maybe someone else could better answer that.
post #4928 of 57692
Just got my Gant slubby cotton shirt. Speedy delivery and a fantastic product as always, Mike. I can already tell it will figure prominently in my rotation this S/S. Now I have to prioritize the following on my "To Buy" list: - forest madras buttondown - one or more of the new chambrays - navy rivet chinos when they get restocked - probably two or three other things that drop while I'm making up my mind. Decisions, decisions...
post #4929 of 57692
Any restocks on Gitman Vintage in the near future?
post #4930 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post
The Utility Shirt feels great. I know the cut is more relaxed and even a half inch wider at the chest, but unwashed it already fits my shoulders and chest really well compared to previous shirts from you guys in the same size.

A thought I was having, based on the measurements. I'm basically an XS in Epaulet shirts except in the chest, where I could use 18.5 or 19". 18" starts to pull. If all epaulet shirts were like the utility shirt measurements, i would have money problems.
post #4931 of 57692
Do you plan to do another run of the herringbone rivet chinos next fall? They were always on my wish list, but since they're better suited for the colder months, they have to take a backseat on said list at the moment.
post #4932 of 57692
Anyone use Chrome for web browsing? It always loads excess, blank, white space below the epaulet copyright whenever I categorize under "Woven Shirts". It doesn't happen when I search under any of the other categories or if I use Firefox.
post #4933 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Anyone use Chrome for web browsing? It always loads excess, blank, white space below the epaulet copyright whenever I categorize under "Woven Shirts". It doesn't happen when I search under any of the other categories or if I use Firefox.

Yeah, I get that too. Doesn't really matter, though, since there's nothing down there anyway.
post #4934 of 57692
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsterdam View Post
Yeah, I get that too. Doesn't really matter, though, since there's nothing down there anyway.

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one. That white chambray looks good nineohtoo, thanks for posting a fit pic. I was going to order a red chambray today, but now I'm split between the two. Thoughts anyone?
post #4935 of 57692
Got my floral shirt today, great pattern and I love it. Only thing is, I wish you had used the darker side of the fabric rather than the lighter side. The darker side is so much more vibrant and you can see the floral details so much better!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread