Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandEpaulettagged by LA Guy, 5/1/13
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- itemL.b.m. 1911 Blazertagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- categoryTiestagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicVasstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Today at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** Last post on 11/8/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 2:57 pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3262post #48916 of 5769512/2/15 at 3:38ampost #48917 of 5769512/2/15 at 3:42ampost #48918 of 5769512/2/15 at 3:45amQuote:
Recently saw a pic of my Bar Mitzvah suit from '89. Black and white glen plaid DB with pleated trousers, white OCBD, and black skinny tie with a Jackson Pollack-ish paint splatter motif. I was like a style icon and barely even knew it. I'll try to share the pic at some point, if nothing else for Mike and Adele to post on their inspiration board for '16.post #48919 of 5769512/2/15 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Epaulet
exactly. The part that hits your hips is actually almost the same measurement as a Walt.
So a Walt 33 measures about 34" at the waistband. A Gable 33 measures 33" at the very top, but 34" at the same spot where the Walt would end. It just depends on whether that taper is a good match to your body. The thighs have more room than the Walt and work just fine for a Rudy customer. Everything is nicely balanced: the pleats are functional but subtle and the leg is larger than our usual cuts but still trimmer than nearly any other single-pleat out there.
A Gable OTR is likely to work for someone built like David (our usual trouser fit model, and the guy who wears the Gable in the upcoming pics) or @tricky
If you're built like me or Dylan (@EP Dylan
), then you'll most likely need to let the waist out by about 3/4" to 1 inch. The big allowance of fabric means that your tailor can really shape this to you. It's definitely an expense to factor in, but you should end up with the best-fitting trousers that you've ever owned.
If you've never worn braces before (like me) then be prepared: you're going to want them within 24 hours of taking delivery on this. It's such a freaking cool and old-school style that it's practically screaming for them. I already have a set on order for delivery on Friday.
Thanks buddy, count me down for these for sure..post #48920 of 5769512/2/15 at 7:18ampost #48921 of 5769512/2/15 at 7:44ampost #48922 of 5769512/2/15 at 8:14am
It's up! We've got four fabrics to choose from. There's a lot of detail in the copy, but just note:
1) The shape should work for all Epaulet trouser customers (Walt, Rivet, Rudy, Driggs). Order your usual size.
2) The waistband hits at your stomach. It's impossible to make one shape that works for everyone, so expect that you may have to let the waist out or take it in to make it work perfectly. We put 3" of seam allowance in the back, so there's plenty of cloth to work with. The fit should feel good in the legs and the crotch - everything else can be easily tweaked to follow your shape.
3) Purple Haze cross-hatch is just as awesome as it looks. And there's no stopping that REDA hopsack - we got a great price on it.
Gable Trouser in Oxford Grey Flannel: $285
Edited by Epaulet - 12/2/15 at 8:24ampost #48923 of 5769512/2/15 at 8:24ampost #48924 of 5769512/2/15 at 8:28ampost #48925 of 5769512/2/15 at 9:21ampost #48926 of 5769512/2/15 at 9:46amQuote:
Haha, absolutely. It looks great on the two of us too - the only difference is that we both let it out in the waist by about an inch.post #48927 of 5769512/2/15 at 10:09ampost #48928 of 5769512/2/15 at 10:23ampost #48929 of 5769512/2/15 at 10:27ampost #48930 of 5769512/2/15 at 10:28am
Oh now we've all seen the photos of Mike with those Peter Luger burgers.
Dylan, I don't know, I can't say I've ever seen him pose with ground beef.
Blue flannel Gables duly ordered.
@Epaulet or anyone else with the REDA hopsack: Is it a bit heavier like the fabled burgundy hopsack or lighter weight like that indigo hopsack that came around more recently?
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of nice gloves...? 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway