or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3255

post #48811 of 57683
Amazing Rydenfan. Just put in my down payment for the next round.
post #48812 of 57683

Yea, think I'm getting in on the next round too,  Fantastic @rydenfan

post #48813 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

EP donegal Rivets and HH trainers
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Nice.  I might need to get some donegal rivets at some point.

 

My unfinished HH high trainers are already showing nice wear and indigo bleed after only 5 wears. Not sure if the reddish hew on Mike's pair was due to his treating them (with Bick 4 I think?) or due to his heavy wear, or maybe both.  I don't see mine changing color yet, only scuffs, some darkening and indigo bleed.

post #48814 of 57683

Gents,

 

Any of you size up for heavier fabrics? e.g., you wear a 30 Driggs for hopsacks but go up to a 31 for flannels and tweeds?

 

I ask because I'm thinking a little more thigh room might be nicer for heavier fabrics; not sure it'll look as flattering as a hopsack to have a thicker fabric hugging my legs.

post #48815 of 57683
I either stay the same or size down. Ive found my tweed and moleskin pants to fit looser than hopsack and 120s wool pants, all things considered.
post #48816 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjota View Post

I either stay the same or size down. Ive found my tweed and moleskin pants to fit looser than hopsack and 120s wool pants, all things considered.

Cheers. Sounds like I'm ok at least staying the same size.
post #48817 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajordan378 View Post

Okay I must be in the wrong. Sorry for the trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP Dylan View Post

@jajordan378


I don't want to go into all of the details, but I have to reply that (1) you were sent the correct peacoat - which was correctly labeled and the right color and (2) you were compensated $15 for the return shipping anyway. The Reigning Champ stock issue is correct, but we notified you of that by the next day. Our stores were both closed on Friday to give our staff a 2-day holiday. 

We're surely far from perfect and I'm always working to make things better. We want to sell things to people, not to disappoint them. And we can absolutely accept criticism, it's valuable to hear, as you're always judged most on how you handle problems. But your account of this particular situation is simply untrue. 
Update: I jumped to hasty conclusions regarding my transactions with my last 2 Epaulet purchases. From talking with Mike, I have realized that I was in the wrong and I want to apologize for any negative shadow I may have cast on the company.

Their prompt and courteous response was more than professional and polite, and everything I have come to expect based on the countless rave reviews and all the people who came to their defense this weekend throughout my posts.

My deepest apologies to Epaulet and the staff for my quick and harsh judgement.
It is a rarity to find great service in this day and age!! I will most certainly try to order again in the future. smile.gif

-Justin
post #48818 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by slows2k View Post

Have you tried a wash and dry cycle? I have the loden and I thought it was a bit large in the body and long in the sleeve, so I threw it in a hot wash and tumble dried it afterward. Fits nearly perfectly now. Saved money having it altered for sure. 

Edited: this is for justinkapur above

Interesting, didnt think about doing that but maybe i might. The sleeves are about 2-3" too big so Im sure itll help to do that but also probably still need some shortening as well.
post #48819 of 57683
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Going to take my field jacket in on Tuesday to have the sleeves shortened. Has anyone needed to do it just yet?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slows2k View Post
 

Have you tried a wash and dry cycle? I have the loden and I thought it was a bit large in the body and long in the sleeve, so I threw it in a hot wash and tumble dried it afterward. Fits nearly perfectly now. Saved money having it altered for sure. 

 

Edited: this is for justinkapur above

 

@justinkapur 

 

Yup, I would echo what @slows2k said: try running the jacket through a wash and dry first. You won't have a lot of shrinkage in the length, but it may make a difference for you. Tailoring should be pretty easy though - we designed the cuff so that a tailor can easily detach and move up the entire piece. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

Nice.  I might need to get some donegal rivets at some point.

 

My unfinished HH high trainers are already showing nice wear and indigo bleed after only 5 wears. Not sure if the reddish hew on Mike's pair was due to his treating them (with Bick 4 I think?) or due to his heavy wear, or maybe both.  I don't see mine changing color yet, only scuffs, some darkening and indigo bleed.

 

@BootSpell Actually, sun exposure was probably the number one thing for that reddish tone. I started wearing them in the Summertime and would leave them on the roof on sunny days when I wasn't wearing them. Incredible how much of a difference that makes. My other products were beeswax and liquid mink oil. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

Gents,

 

Any of you size up for heavier fabrics? e.g., you wear a 30 Driggs for hopsacks but go up to a 31 for flannels and tweeds?

 

I ask because I'm thinking a little more thigh room might be nicer for heavier fabrics; not sure it'll look as flattering as a hopsack to have a thicker fabric hugging my legs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjota View Post

I either stay the same or size down. Ive found my tweed and moleskin pants to fit looser than hopsack and 120s wool pants, all things considered.

 

@sacafotos yup, I'd agree with @ahjota on this - most customers will wear the same size in our wool fabrics. 

 

Whenever you cut a pattern, heavier fabrics will generally yield a slightly larger garment. So heavy tweeds, flannels, and moleskins make up a bit bigger than hopsack and Super 120s. Most guys would wear the same size, but if you're right on the edge, you may be able to size down. That's pretty rare though. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajordan378 View Post



Update: I jumped to hasty conclusions regarding my transactions with my last 2 Epaulet purchases. From talking with Mike, I have realized that I was in the wrong and I want to apologize for any negative shadow I may have cast on the company.

Their prompt and courteous response was more than professional and polite, and everything I have come to expect based on the countless rave reviews and all the people who came to their defense this weekend throughout my posts.

My deepest apologies to Epaulet and the staff for my quick and harsh judgement.
It is a rarity to find great service in this day and age!! I will most certainly try to order again in the future. smile.gif

-Justin

 

@jajordan378 thanks for posting the update - we appreciate it. 

post #48820 of 57683

Epaulet Sneaker Sample Sale

 

Hey guys, 


I've got some sneaker samples for sale, and I figured that I'd post them here before putting them in B&S. There's two batches of them. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll bill you via paypal. Please be sure to include your paypal address in the PM and please note that all sales are final. 

 

Couro Cromo Tennis Trainer Samples

Size 10

Colors Available: Black and Navy

Unworn, but used for still photos and trunk shows. So they have some scratches from being knocked around in transit. 

Price: $100 each, shipped CONUS

 

 

 

 


Edited by Epaulet - 12/1/15 at 8:29am
post #48821 of 57683
Right shoes, right price, wrong size smile.gif
post #48822 of 57683
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post

Epaulet Sneaker Sample Sale




Hey guys, 


I've got some sneaker samples for sale, and I figured that I'd post them here before putting them in B&S. There's two batches of them. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll bill you via paypal. Please be sure to include your paypal address in the PM and please note that all sales are final. 

Couro Cromo Tennis Trainer Samples
Size 10
Colors Available: Black, Mocha, and Navy
Unworn, but used for still photos and trunk shows. So they have some scratches from being knocked around in transit. 
Price: $100 each, shipped CONUS

















Unfinished Horsehide Samples
Size 9.5
Styles Available: Tennis High and Full Court High (sold)
These were worn by me about a dozen times each. They were left in the sun and treated with mink oil and beeswax to achieve a really gorgeous golden color. If you missed out on the first round, this is a great opportunity. The insides are very clean, so the only real wear is a negligible amount on the sole. 
Price: $75 each, shipped CONUS







@Epaulet
PM sent on Tennis Highs. 😃
Edited by turkey_sandwich - 11/30/15 at 5:34am
post #48823 of 57683

Someone was asking about the Sienna wool/cash/mink the other day.

Today was the perfect weather for them.

Throw in a little shag and shell, and there you go.

post #48824 of 57683
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Someone was asking about the Sienna wool/cash/mink the other day.
Today was the perfect weather for them.
Throw in a little shag and shell, and there you go.


Can you post a shot in natural light, if you don't mind? I've wanted a pair of these since they were originally offered, but I'm wondering if they'll be too close to the VBC dark mocha flannel that's been offered in a few eff rounds. Thanks!
post #48825 of 57683

Small question about belts: at one point, Epaulet had an initial batch of belts without chicago screws, but then a batch with them (I have the coffee suede which is excellent). My impression was that the newer chicago screw batch was a touch higher in quality/construction. I might be misremembering the details.

 

Are all the belts up to speed wrt source (e.g. dress belts)?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread